EP Application Dec 2022 - Jan 2023

Hello all. Is there anyone who would like to share their EP application progress status for those submitted in the period of Dec 2022 - Jan 2023? Wanted to observe if there is a trend in delayed processing timeline due to year-end holidays, overloaded applications, etc.

I'm currently living and working in Indonesia, recently offered a position from an MNC for their SG headquarter. This is the first time of EP application.

Experience: 9+ years

Applied date: 05-Jan-2023

Thank you!

@kembang1989

hi Kembang

i applied EP in January, 2023 too.

after more than 10 working days and my status is still: pending.

The MoM requested for additional documents in the previous week.

how's your application?

@kembang1989

My EP renewal applied two months ago and is still pending. In between, I was asked to provide my education details. I barely left with two months in my current EP till expiry. Hope it gets approved soon.

@dorisisdoris @rrrp88 thanks for sharing. Hope you get the approval soon.

I haven't received any additional requests from MoM since the application date. Today is the 10th business day and the application status is still showing as pending in their website. Hope to hear some good news soon.

@kembang1989

Hi KemBang

it's been 23 days since my application was placed, and 15 days after additional document was requested and uploaded, while my status is still: pending.

This is the second EP I applied, which takes 4 times longer of the processing time compared to my 1st application.

hopefully we can all get the outcome as soon as possible.

@dorisisdoris Hi May I ask when do you receive the request for providing more documents after applying and what kind of documents related to previous working experience they are referring to?

@kembang1989 do you get your EP and how long it takes?

Finally got my EP approved for 3 years. Took about 2.5 months for approval.

@rrp88 Any reason why it takes so long or any documents required during the time?

I may not be right, but One thing I could think of is my company had quite a number of foreigners cos of the skillset which is not available abundantly in local. So my company had to recruit local candidates to maintain the balance and also assuring the govt that we would upskill the new recruits. Further which my EP got approved.

@dorisisdoris Please advise status of your EP application

Hi @kembang1989, I am curious about your progress, is there any update on your application?

@rrp88 cong

Mine is applied 8-Feb. MOM requested some documents from agency and submitted last week. Now still pending. So worrying as I been living here since 2015 and applied/renew EP many times. If 2.5 months it will kill me. Client cannot wait so long like that. Any idea, guys? Thanks

@np999 after how long  aplied mom ask document  and what document  ask?

@np999 There is nothing you can do but wait. It's only a month now - not even the average waiting time - and you are already worrying???

@Syedhassan0191 last 2 weeks based on agent told me

@beppi yeah. The thing is I am worried abt the client can't wait for so long. Last year, it was approved only a few days. Personally, I never waited more than 2 weeks since I came to SG.

@np999 do let us know when there is an update on your application. Thank you.

@Yuvraj33 sure

Hello everyone, can I ask for the url to check the new pass application status?

@Aqua Wilson FYA https://service2.mom.gov.sg/workpass/enquiry/prelanding

@Aqua Wilson you can search EP application status and the 1st link will be that.

@np999 thank u for sharing, but is it new web page?

The one I used before look different to this, so that why I confused.

@Aqua Wilson yup! It is a new one.

@np999 was your EP applied on Jan 8 or Feb 8?

@Yuvraj33 in Feb

Mine apply Spass 1st time

Industri: IT

Salary offer: +6k

Experience: 4 years and 6 months

3 March: Applied

16 March: pending

Nationality: Indonesian

SAT: only spass eligable

Will keep informed.

Wish me luck!

@kembang1989 did u got ep approved?

@Syedhassan0191 still pending. Thanks

Hi guys, may I check with you guys what kind of documents does MOM normally request?

Hi guys, a timeline of my S-Pass application

07/03/2023 : Applied

15/03/2023 : Rejected & Appealed

24/03/2023 : Rejected

HR contacted MOM and HR said that there is a higher chance of rejected if we were to appeal again unless new application submitted.

company offered salary less than minimum requirement for s-pass. would that be the reason?

company offered salary less than minimum requirement for s-pass. would that be the reason?
-@Maikel Lin

Yes, of course that is the reason. Did you (or the employer) seriously expect that MoM deviates from their own published requirements here? They don't, so the application was a waste of time!

Hi guys, may I check with you guys what kind of documents does MOM normally request?
-@Maikel Lin

The required documents for an EP application are listed on this official webpage:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … s-required

Hi All,

What are the EP application processing timeframe currently for your applications? Can people share their timelines, for applications made in Feb 2023?

Are people experiencing longer wait times for approvals?

here is my timeline

25-02-2023: application submission

08-03-2023: Status update within 10 working days- need more time to process this application

08-03-2023 to 24-03-2023: We need inputs from external agencies to process this application

(My employer called MOM on 28-03-2023 to request an expedition and this seems to be registered in their system upon checking on subsequent follow-up calls)

05-04-2023: no change (this is the 6th week)

thanks for sharing your experience!

@np999 have you got your ep approved?

@Niv81

Urge you to search for similar threads on this forum from the recent past, there is a lot of advice around processing times when external agencies are involved.

@Shekhz

thanks for the response.

I did look through those  but I couldn't find anything that was more recent, from 2023. Since most of those were pre pandemic, was wondering if things might be different now.

can I trouble you to direct me to any posts you think will be relevant to what I'm looking for?

Mine apply Spass 1st time
Industri: IT
Salary offer: +6k
Experience: 4 years and 6 months
3 March: Applied
16 March: pending
Nationality: Indonesian
SAT: only spass eligable

Will keep informed.
Wish me luck!
-@bgen

Update from my end. My spass has not been approved. Waiting time for 7 weeks. Wish you guys get luck.