Looking for a house in Balchik

Hi everyone,

nice to meet you! I am from Finland and planning to buy a house in Bulgaria this coming spring with my husband.  We are interested in Balchik area. We have been checking different web-sites and seen the houses which are currently on market. We have found some possible options, but I would like to ask also, is anyone of you here in this forum living in Balchik or knows the city well? Perhaps you know someone, who is selling or planning to sell his house in Balchik in the near future?

The house what we are looking for, should be in "ok" condition, there should be at least three bedrooms and at least a small yard/garden. Our budget is about 60-80 000 euros, depending on the condition, the location and so on... We are not interested in new houses or houses in "complex".

We are planning to travel to Bulgaria on March/April to check the possible options and look for more houses. My husband knows the country and speaks the language, so that will hopefully help us in finding the right house.

Thank you in advance, if someone can give us some tips. And if not, I have already found a lot of useful information from this site -  thank you for sharing your knowledge! Just a while ago I also enjoyed reading an interesting discussion in this forum about how cold it is in Finland and how cold it is in Bulgaria :)

Have a nice winter everyone where ever you are at the moment!

@Vieno

Hi we have visited Balchik twice and from what we have found it's a lovely area. 

We plan to visit again as we found there is much to see.

We have a holiday home 40 mins drive from Borgas.

We have had this property for many years.

If you would like to make friends then we be happy to.

It would be good to hear about your search and if we can give any advice we will try.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Donna. 

Hi Vieno!

I haven't been to Balchik yet, but have recently purchased an old wreck of a house about 40 minutes drive inland. My lovely Bulgarian neighbour recommends Balchik as the nicest place on the coast, their chosen location for their vacations.

Looking at properties nearer Balchik on the Bulgarian Properties website, the houses in your price range seem to be either in new developments or (I think!) overpriced old village houses in need of renovation. There are plenty of apartments. Bulgarian Properties is one of the best sites to look at for English-speakers, or for Bulgarian speakers imot bg has properties from smaller estate agents or direct from the owner.

I hope you find what you're looking for!

@donnabradford Thank you for your kind answer!

@janemulberry Thank you very much for this information!

@Vieno Hi we are in Balchik so can guide a little where are the houses your considering perhaps pm me.