South African citizens living in Slovenia

Hi there

Are there any South Africans that have moved to Slovenia, to live with a Slovenian citizen? I would like to obtain some information around the residency application in this instance. I have checked the internet, but cannot seem to find information relating to my specific situation.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance around this.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Des

Hello Des,

Welcome on board !

May I ask if you are married to the Slovenian citizen ?

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hi Bhavna.

No, we are not married at this stage, hence not being able to find information around cohabitation.

We have been visiting each other's countries on multiple occasions and we are at the stage where we want to live together. Based on his circumstances, we would need to live in Slovenia.

Currently I have a 1 - year Schengen tourist visa which expires in July 2023. I have already spent about 40 of the 90 days allowed on that visa. Based on our research, I should apply for a long-term visa if I would like to live in Slovenia.

Since it is a life decision that includes the termination of my employment in South Africa and the search for a new job in Slovenia, we need to understand the entire migration process and possible obstacles along the way.

The Slovenian government websites are not clear regarding our status (unmarried), so I would really appreciate any guidance in this regards.

Thank you.

Des

Hi Des, You have seen https://www.gov.si/en/policies/state-an … slovenia/? If so, what's unclear? And have you spoken with the Slovenian embassy in South Africa?Paul

@Paul Guijt Thanks Paul. I have managed to sort out the administration around my emigration process. Take care.

Hello Des,

Thank you for the little update!

I have managed to sort out the administration around my emigration process.

How did it go? If you have any tips/information to share with other members, don't hesitate to do so1f609.svg

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team