Retiring in Slovenia

Hello everyone,

Why did you choose to retire in Slovenia? What are the advantages compared with your home country?

What were your main considerations when deciding to move? For example, taxes, ease of transferring your pension, etc..

Are there any specific formalities you had to go through as a retiree moving to Slovenia (for example, is there a particular retirement visa)?

What is Slovenia's healthcare like? Have you had any good or bad experiences dealing with healthcare professionals?

Do you have any tips for other retirees in Slovenia?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

hi I am considering where to retire to and considering Slovenia, do you know where I can find out the entry requirements, do you need a certain level of pension income, lump sum etc ? thanks Paul

@Paul Bennett81 Unfortunately Slovenia doesnt have a retirement program and so retirement is not a good enough reason for them to approve your stay here, no matter the income. But with high income you can buy a property and through that claim your residency.

Hello MayaaaT,

Thank you for your input but the last time Paul Bennett81 visited the forum was 2 years ago.

I invite you to check for more recent threads on the Slovenia forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team