New members of the Palau forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Palau forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Palau if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien Me and my Philippine wife are very HIGHLY thinking of moving to Palau. I  have lived on several islands in my lifetime and  this may sound strange but I can smell  the saltwater breeze off the Ocean here in Indiana. Since we have been looking how life is in Palau but we really just started reading all the information on YouTube is a good start. However, it's always better to talk to expats no matter where you go. We have some questions and hope the expat community wouldn't mind if we ask a few questions. Sincerely,  Brian Dorobiala

Bonjour Brian Dorobiala,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the intro.

Should you have any topic that you would like to discuss with other members of this forum, feel free to start a new thread on the Palau forum.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi there,  As you may have guessed by my "OzLoz" name, I'm from Australia.  I hope to be staying here for a while and working here in this beautiful island country.

This is my first time visiting Palau and it is such a beautiful place! I look forward to meeting other ex-pats. I attended church last Saturday and met several friendly locals and some ex-pats also.

@Brian Dorobiala do not come here, it's bad. It's better in beach provinces in the Philippines than Palau. No public transport, no fast food, no convenience store, mall is so small and have limited things, almost no fresh produce, marijuana is rampant. It's a tourist trap. Some Palauan people are cold and very lazy with work, they are also bad as a boss, some beat up their employees just because they know they won't be able to fight back. I've been here for a few months and it's really bad.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056226

Thanks!

Closed