New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Austria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Austria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everybody,

my name is Sylvia, I am German, living in Austria for many years. Last year I have founded a latinamerican/austrian Music project and have got two professional Musicians from Latin America to Austria. They are still searching their way and would like to get in touch with you all. John and Javier will create their own account. But I would also like to understand, what is going on in the spanish speaking community.

*** Thanks and all the best - Sylvia

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please register your school in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Sylvia,

Welcome on board !

Should you have any precise question, I would suggest that you post your question on the Austria forum by opening a new topic.

Just for info, advertising is not allowed on the forum. You can post a free advert in the Classes in Austria section or register your project in the Business directory.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello and greetings. My name is javad vatandoost and now I have been working more than 16 years in iranian industries. My major is materials Engineering. I got master's degree 15 years ago . I realy want to acquire some information for job seeker visa for austria.

Good luck,

Javad vatandoost

Hello and greetings. My name is javad vatandoost and now I have been working more than 16 years in iranian industries. My major is materials Engineering. I got master's degree 15 years ago . I realy want to acquire some information for job seeker visa for austria.
Good luck,
Javad vatandoost
-@javadvatandoost1980

Javad

This post is for people who are already in Austria, as you have started a new topic I have replied to that.

SimCityAT

Expat Tam

Hi All,

I am Priya from India. I, my husband and our toddler daughter will be moving to Graz, Austria as both of us have accepted a job offer from an Austrian company. As both of us will be working, we are searching for rented apartments near 8141 (Postal Code) and also for Kinderkrippe for our daughter.

Regards,

Priya Suchak

Hello!  My two children (ages 4 and 2) and I have acquired Austrian citizenship (dual with pre-existing American citizenship) as descendants of Holocaust refugees.  I've been to Vienna many times in my life (though not since 2009), and my family still owns an apartment building in Meidling (south Vienna) that we owned before WW2.

With everything going on in the US, my husband (never been out of the US before) and I are thinking about the possibility of relocating to Europe.  Austria makes the most sense for us, but there are so many questions I don't even know how to start researching.

Does anyone have some guidance for us?  Many thanks!

Hello! My two children (ages 4 and 2) and I have acquired Austrian citizenship (dual with pre-existing American citizenship) as descendants of Holocaust refugees. I've been to Vienna many times in my life (though not since 2009), and my family still owns an apartment building in Meidling (south Vienna) that we owned before WW2.
With everything going on in the US, my husband (never been out of the US before) and I are thinking about the possibility of relocating to Europe. Austria makes the most sense for us, but there are so many questions I don't even know how to start researching.

Does anyone have some guidance for us? Many thanks!
-@teragramrk

Hey there and welcome,

Fire questions out and we will try our best to answer them. Maybe start a new topic?

@SimCityAT I did start my own topic.  Thanks :)  Hoping for good advice!

An American in Vienna looking to expand my social circle here.  Id like to find people to join me at fun events in Vienna like jazz concerts and cool coffeehouses.

Welcome to Wien 🇦🇹

@Julien

Hi All,

Hi,

My name is Melvin. I live in Hungary.

I would be happy to find a job in Austria and relocate there. I am a native English speaker.

Thanks!

Regards,

Melvin.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Melvinmonex

Hello and welcome on board Melvin !

Please create your CV in the dedicated section of the website : Job offers in Austria

All the best

Bhavna

@suchakpriya did you find what you wanted?

@ChandraCa-7 accomodation

Hello😊

We are arriving in less than a month in Austria!

Its myself, my little son, our old dog and our cat.

We have an apartment. I decided to move to Austria so that my son can have opportunity and choices as he grows up. Our family is in Greece and thankfully we are close by to see them when possible. We live at the moment in a small beautiful village on an island.

Once we arrive I will need to arrange electricity, internet, bank account etc.

I hope it will be easy enough. I did read there are many energy providers to choose from and that felt confusing!

Every begininng is difficult, in time our new home will feel familiar.

Hello😊
We are arriving in less than a month in Austria!
Its myself, my little son, our old dog and our cat.
We have an apartment. I decided to move to Austria so that my son can have opportunity and choices as he grows up. Our family is in Greece and thankfully we are close by to see them when possible. We live at the moment in a small beautiful village on an island.
Once we arrive I will need to arrange electricity, internet, bank account etc.
I hope it will be easy enough. I did read there are many energy providers to choose from and that felt confusing!
Every begininng is difficult, in time our new home will feel familiar.

-@Miloula

Welcome

Feel free to start a new topic and if you have any particular questions feel free to ask away.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Hello @Julien

Thanks for adding me to this forum.

My name is YVAN, I live in Cameroon,I am 27years, holder of a BSC in Accounting and finance. I am passionate about sales and business development, I have been working into sales for 4 years now. I wish to secure a job in Austria in sales, I speak English and French fluently, I have good communication skills, and excellent relationship marketing. How can I secure a job in Austria?

Thanks for helping me.

@heny Mbiada

Hello and welcome on board !

I would suggest that you read the work section of the Living in Austria guide for expats.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien My name is vipin kumar soman,I am a assistant male nurse.Now working in a medical center dubai from last december 2022

@Julien My name is Mathew,I'm a building technologist by training. I have more than 10 years construction experience. I have been part of a team that has been engaged to build low income houses around all the geopolitical zones in Nigeria.

I became thrilled with the fact that Austria is one of the most organized county in Europe and I would like to experience the country,share my expertise & also learn modern & new ways of doing things.

I'm seeking job opportunity in Austria; especially in the building construction related field or industry.

I will be very grateful if anyone could help me in achieving my dream of experiencing a modern organized & beautiful country.

I'm a job seeker based in Nigeria & would be ready to relocate as soon as possible if a job opportunity presents itself.

Thanks.

@Julien My name is Mathew,I'm a building technologist by training. I have more than 10 years construction experience. I have been part of a team that has been engaged to build low income houses around all the geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
I became thrilled with the fact that Austria is one of the most organized county in Europe and I would like to experience the country,share my expertise & also learn modern & new ways of doing things.
I'm seeking job opportunity in Austria; especially in the building construction related field or industry.
I will be very grateful if anyone could help me in achieving my dream of experiencing a modern organized & beautiful country.
I'm a job seeker based in Nigeria & would be ready to relocate as soon as possible if a job opportunity presents itself.
Thanks.

-@ajeyistarstudio24

You will need to speak German for a start.

Hello all,

I'm thrilled to be joining this vibrant group of individuals. My name is Tuyunbike, and I'm about to embark on an exciting journey to Austria for my master's degree in Organizational Studies (Innsbruck Uni). As I prepare for this new chapter, I'm navigating the challenges of finding a pet-friendly home for myself and my loyal canine companion, Ceku. I am 28 years old, currently working as player support manager in my home country. I am excited to start my journey in Austria. I have A2 German certificate and I would like to learn more and more when I finally arrive there :) Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all!

Best regards,

Tuyunbike

Hello all,
I'm thrilled to be joining this vibrant group of individuals. My name is Tuyunbike, and I'm about to embark on an exciting journey to Austria for my master's degree in Organizational Studies (Innsbruck Uni). As I prepare for this new chapter, I'm navigating the challenges of finding a pet-friendly home for myself and my loyal canine companion, Ceku. I am 28 years old, currently working as player support manager in my home country. I am excited to start my journey in Austria. I have A2 German certificate and I would like to learn more and more when I finally arrive there smile.png Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all!

Best regards,
Tuyunbike

-@tuyunbikeg

According to a number of sites you need to start with the following to get it into Austria:

A valid pet passport or health certificate

Proof of rabies vaccination

Proof of vaccination against other diseases (for dogs and cats)

Proof of microchipping

Hello @Fred,

Thank you so much for your response. I've started all of the procedures in October, I am just waiting for them to be finalized by the ministry in my country. It takes 3-4 months on average. Once they complete it, we are all set, except for finding a home that is pet-allowed :)

And nice to meet you!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055925

Thanks!

Closed