New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hello, I am new here, have been living in Vietnam for 5 years. 

Would love to participate here but the moderators keep deleting my accounts without explanation.

Hello, I am new here, have been living in Vietnam for 5 years.
Would love to participate here but the moderators keep deleting my accounts without explanation.
-@hewhocannotbenamed66

Hello there,

I have received your private message and already replied. Please check your email and if you are using a VPN might be the reason

@kristishka Privet,  okay so I have more experience with Eastern Europe but I've been in Vietnam now for two months and i know plenty so maybe I can offer you some help.  Where are you now?  Where are you heading to?

I'm kinda new to VT and looking for like minded people.  I still have lots to learn and still learning Nha Trang area.  Hoping to make some new friends here.

@riskmgr My experience is stay the hell away from HCM !  That place is anarchy !! Stressful and causing serious emotional anxiety.  I was offered a nice American pay job there and turned it down.  I'm Nha Trang now and much more relaxing here as I sit on the beach right now writing to you.

@Ankit roy We have a similar background and I'm getting remote job interviews all the time from USA companies. You don't need or want to work here getting these low wages anyway.  ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone

My name is Matteo, I am 32 years old and I have just moved from Switzerland to Ho Chi Minh City with my wife Francesca.

My wife works for a Swiss consulting company that has an office in Vietnam. I am a lawyer in Switzerland and will be working remotely for the time being.

We have found an apartment in Binh Thanh and are now ready to start our life in Vietnam. We are looking forward to settling down in the city and discovering the country and the rest of Southeast Asia. We are both sporty (I like football and tennis; Francesca likes swimming).

Have a great day!

Hello everyone
My name is Matteo, I am 32 years old and I have just moved from Switzerland to Ho Chi Minh City with my wife Francesca.

My wife works for a Swiss consulting company that has an office in Vietnam. I am a lawyer in Switzerland and will be working remotely for the time being.

We have found an apartment in Binh Thanh and are now ready to start our life in Vietnam. We are looking forward to settling down in the city and discovering the country and the rest of Southeast Asia. We are both sporty (I like football and tennis; Francesca likes swimming).

Have a great day!
-@MatteoSuc

Welcome to the forum, Matteo #2 😊 (we have one other forum member I know of with the same name) and thanks for the great, concise introduction (maybe we can use it as a template for others 😉)

Feel free to start a new thread to answer questions you don't easily find answered with our search function or by scrolling through recent active threads.

Hearing about your visa situation in a new or existing thread would be especially interesting to some people married to a foreigner working here.

A note: A glitch in this forum provides both a Saigon sub forum and one for Ho Chi Minh City.

When looking for local info, the HCMC forum is probably your best choice.

Cheers!

O.B.

Hi,

I am Sonja. I want to travel to Vietnam very soon. Hope, that you folks can help me with the contact to a driver who will guide me from Hanoi to Luc Yen and other places in this area for around 8 to 10 day.

thanks a lot

Hi,
I am Sonja. I want to travel to Vietnam very soon. Hope, that you folks can help me with the contact to a driver who will guide me from Hanoi to Luc Yen and other places in this area for around 8 to 10 day.
thanks a lot
-@sonimom

Hello Sonja, and welcome to expat.com!

Congratulations on your upcoming visit to Vietnam! As this thread is for introduction of new members, I suggest you open a new topic, here (bright orange banner on the left), and perhaps give us a few more details on your expected visit, and what you will require of the driver.

Again, welcome to expat.com, and hope to hear more from you again soon!

Hi,
thanks a lot
-@sonimom

Send me a private message and I'll give you contact information for a car service in Hanoi.

@Julien , hi! my name is broni...moving to hoi an for 6 months , to 5 years.....been to Vietnam 3 times, and love the culture, people and their cuisine,....will be bringing my cat with me so hoping to be able to find small house or flat ....looking forward to meeting new people and a different lifestyle..

@Julien , hi! my name is broni...moving to hoi an for 6 months , to 5 years.....been to Vietnam 3 times, and love the culture, people and their cuisine,....will be bringing my cat with me so hoping to be able to find small house or flat ....looking forward to meeting new people and a different lifestyle..
-@zirayah13

Hi zirayah13, and welcome to expat.com! Julien is the owner of the world-wide expat.com website, and as such may not have the opportunity to reply to you directly.

Congratulations on your return to Vietnam! Hoi An is a wonderful destination, within a wonderful country, And my-oh-my! Bringing your cat will guarantee that this expat experience will most definitely be an adventure for both of you! :)

I saw your earlier post regarding your looking for a cat friendly temporary stay, and I'm hoping some member will be able to give you a recommendation soon. You might also want to try our search page for questions regarding bringing your little friend with you. Take a look here for the results of a single keyword search, "cat".

Again, welcome aboard and hope to hear from you again soon.

@zirayah13

Make sure you connect with OB he gave us a tour in hoyan a week ago and is a great source of information on the local area.

Hello all. 

I am new to the forum and I am just starting my preliminary research on a move to Vietnam.  My wife is fluent in Vietnamese, I know very little Vietnamese.  I would say what I know is not valuable at all.  We have a daughter in elementary school here in the US who does not speak Vietnamese either. 

I own my own business and can work from anywhere in the World, but I would like to live economically and still have my daughter get a great education.  I have so many questions that I need answered, but I kind of just wanted to see if anyone out there has moved to Vietnam with a similar situation. 

I have been investigating Da Nang and HCMC as possible destinations due to their International Schools. 

I welcome any and all input.  Thank you all in advance.

-@zirayah13

I'm currently living in Hội An.

Send me a private message if you'd like some specific recommendations.

Hello everyone, how are you today?

I am happy became a member of this community

Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone, how are you today?
I am happy became a member of this community
Nice to meet you all!
-@tuyouet

Hello tuyouet, and welcome to expat.com! Very nice to have you with us.

Feel free to contribute to ongoing threads, or to open a new topic for discussion.

Again, welcome aboard!

Hello dear friends,

I plan to move to Hanoi for some period of time due to business projeck in HaNoi.

I would like to know, wich area is the best to stay and live for a while and what are the avarage prices for flats? To rent? Can you may be recommend some local sites, where is possible to find a flat (for rent or may be buy).

Thank you so much for your kind help

Have a nice ay,

Alexandra

Hello dear friends,
I plan to move to Hanoi for some period of time due to business projeck in HaNoi.
I would like to know, wich area is the best to stay and live for a while and what are the avarage prices for flats? To rent? Can you may be recommend some local sites, where is possible to find a flat (for rent or may be buy).

Thank you so much for your kind help

Have a nice ay,
Alexandra
-@alexandrasedykh

Hello alexandrasedykh, and welcome to expat.com!

And congratulations on your planned move to Hanoi. It is a wonderfully vibrant and bustling city.

You have posted to the expat.com Vietnam main forum under the "Introductions" page (thank you for that!).

May I suggest that you post any questions regarding Hanoi directly to the forum's Hanoi page, found here. This should increase the likelihood of your receiving pertinent responses from expats in the Hanoi area.

Again, welcome to expat.com, and hope to hear from you again soon.

@MatteoSuc welcome to vn. for tennis try the okd french cercle sportif on 55B Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai. it's now called trung tam thanh nien va the thao. depend on your skill level, you can join a local league. or just hitting around. another is ky hoa tennis center. a nice one on 796 Đ. Sư Vạn Hạnh, Phường 12, Quận 10. have fun.

@MatteoSuc oh forgit to mention. there are many tennis centers in saigon, but these are normally locals who play there. maybe. others here cam direct you to tennis clubs where there might be expats players.

@Julien

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Promoting your services in not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@anewdirectioninvt

Hello. Good time . I just checked your message in the forum where you were recommending new comers to get away from HCM city as much as possible ! So, I'm curious to know what sort of job you have in an area like Nha Trang. Could you please tell me about your major if you don't mind?

Thanks a lot.

Hello EMC101

Welcome !

Not sure he will be notified of your message posted on this thread. I recommend that you send him a private message > click on his username > send a message

If you want to gather information or want feedback from expat members, you are most welcome to open a thread of your own : Vietnam forum

All the best

Bhavna

Hello,

I am an American Entrepreneur recently established in Singapore and expanding our Business operations in Vietnam. I love to travel and experience different cultures. I have an extensive background in Business Development, Sales & Marketing and NGO projects.

I am here to network with other like minded individuals, assist where I can and learn from others. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Currently I am traveling for business and hope to soon be in Vietnam to further expand our business network.

Question: Do all these @names generate notifications to users?

For example, someone types @gobot in a message, expecting that gobot will receive an email and/or internal msg about the posting. This works in Reddit, I didn't notice it working before in expat.com.

Cool if this feature is now available.

Hello @Gobot, I don't think so. You'll be notified whenever a comment has been posted on a thread where you participated but you won't be notified if that comment is for you...

That would be awesome if we could do that.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna Dear Bhavna,

Thanks very much for your reminder. I really appreciate that.

Best Regards,

Hi all,

Rob air traffic controller from Melbourne intending a change of location to HCM.

Look forward catching up with some members of the Vn expat community,

Cheers,

Rob

Hi, I signed up because we are planning a move to Vietnam at the end of the summer, hopefully in time for the new school year. We're currently in Kuala Lumpur and very excited about the move. Bringing 3 school-age children with us.

I found this forum while looking for info about schools.

Hi, I signed up because we are planning a move to Vietnam at the end of the summer, hopefully in time for the new school year. We're currently in Kuala Lumpur and very excited about the move. Bringing 3 school-age children with us.
I found this forum while looking for info about schools.
-@lilyfish

Welcome to the forum.

With your plans, one would assume that you are coming here with confirmed employment somewhere?

if you do know the general area where are you going to be living, maybe create a new thread giving us some more detailed description of your plans and that will allow people to make recommendations regarding schools in that area.

HI! Just here to check things out and maybe ask a few questions down the line.

HI! Just here to check things out and maybe ask a few questions down the line.
-@allysonkenning

Welcome to expat.com, allysonkenning.

Nice to have you with us!

Feel free to open a new topic for discussion, or jump in and comment on one of the ongoing threads.

Lots of friendly folk here at expat.com's Vietnam forum.

@Aidan in HCMC thank you!

@seanmulhearn Hi Sean, I've just messaged you, please check your inbox.

Welcome to Vietnam. Wishing you all wonderful experience here!

@kristishka  welcome you to Haiphong city ^^

@Julien

Hello everyone!

I'm a multi-skilled UK national looking for work in Vietnam with the intention to emigrate and earn citizenship for the long term.

Hanoi and Ha Long are Highly desired locations.

Looking forward to making contacts and getting the ball rolling fast

Hello,

Myself Edward experienced education expert having 14 years of experience in schools as English Language teacher and principal. I am from India and looking job in Vietnam.

Closed