New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Vietnam forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Vietnam if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello! My name is Kristina. I am from Ukraine . I am an English teacher.  I've lived in China for 10 years and then during the quarantines moved back home. I've been missing Asia since . Dreaming of going to Vietnam for teaching. But don't really know where to start

Hello! My name is Kristina. I am from Ukraine . I am an English teacher. I've lived in China for 10 years and then during the quarantines moved back home. I've been missing Asia since . Dreaming of going to Vietnam for teaching. But don't really know where to start
-@kristishka

Hi Kristina,

Welcome to Expat forum, This thread is for intro to forum - please start a new thread for any questions you have here

Andy

Hi All!

my name is Aaron Siegal-Eisman and I just moved to Hanoi from Los Angeles USA. Excited for my wife and I to meet new people from all over the world.

best, Aaron

Hello everyone on expat.

I am really interested in moving to Vietnam to set up an environment company.

Some advice would be really appreciated.

Regards

Stephen

Hello everyone on expat.
I am really interested in moving to Vietnam to set up an environment company.

Some advice would be really appreciated.

Regards

Stephen
-@Lord Jenkins

Hello Stephen, and welcome to expat.com!

Nice to hear of your interest in starting a company in Vietnam. I suggest you open a new topic, here (link), with specific questions related to your potential endeavour. Lots of friendly folk here ready to offer advice. 

Again, welcome aboard

@Julien

how r u Julien?

I have friends who live in Vietnam, been an Executive Chef for a while and my passion is always to work in Vietnam, I'm very good with people and I have infectious Energy, people gravitate towards me.

I love Food, but in all Reality I enjoy teaching and Mentoring others.

Culinary Regards,

Mark G Henry

Hello markghenry,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f609.svg

Thank you for the intro.

Anything we can do for you?

Are you looking for some information here?

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Cheryl,

I would really like to work in Asia as an expat?

can you help me out?

Mark

Cheryl,
can you help me out?
Mark
-@markghenry22

Hi Mark welcome to the forum,

We are not a job agency so do not help find you a job position, we do have a job section where you can post your CV and see if there are any employers looking for someone with your skills.

Vietnam only brings in "Experts" if they can't find locals, usually with degrees in the field they are looking for, they then sponsor the worker to come over to work for them and they do all the paperwork, visa etc.

Apart from that you can't work here on the 30 day e-visa available currently.

If you have a specific question please start a new thread to ask your question. 

Cheryl,
can you help me out?
Mark
-@markghenry22

In addition to the good advice given by Andy, it wouldn't hurt you to fill out your personal profile here on the website.

Scientific studies have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that that might be helpful when attempting to network.

Hi everyone!

My name is Adrien, originally from France, I'm a youngster who wants to make new friends in HCM. I used to work in Canada (wholesale industry) and will move in march to search new job opportunities as well.

If anyone would be interested to connect, feel free to msg me!

Cheers,

Adrien Lam

Hi everyone I am Michael.

I am nearing retirement and am thinking of coming to VN.

Not really sure the best way to plan my move there.

Also are there any work opportunities there?

Hi everyone I am Michael.
I am nearing retirement and am thinking of coming to VN.
Not really sure the best way to plan my move there.
Also are there any work opportunities there?
-@MBEskew

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum.

At the moment the tourist visa is only a 30 day e-visa which you can't work on, there is no retirement visa for Vietnam, so you are limited to entry and exit every 30 days at the moment.

To get work you have to be sponsored by a Viet company who do the paperwork and you will get the appropriate visa/ Work Permit/Trc for the length of your employment.

Local companies bring in "Experts" in the field they can not find workers for here in Vietnam usually with degrees in the field they are working in.

Look here for the visa info

Look here for available jobs and to post your CV

If you have any other questions please start a new topic for each question.

@Julien I am in South Africa currently. Would love to move to Vietnam to peruse English classes

Hello everybody,

I have been coming to Sài Gòn pretty much every year for the last 10 years (wife's family house is in p19,  quận Bình Thạnh).  However, I just finished a quick 3 month stay with my 2nd side trip to Đà Nẵng.   Now that I am newly minted retired, Đà Nẵng has become more appealing than Sài Gòn.  Are there any retired expats around?  Also, I like really Phước Mỹ, but am open to suggestions on the best area to live.

Thank you

Mark

I'm Paul, though I believe that my pseudo is slappymcgroundout.

Anyway, I live in HNL and would like, in a tad over 9 years, to move to Nha Trang (retire). I'll be 70. Why I would be pleased if they went back to a longer visa, since could handle having to leave and come back every 90 days (flight to Bangkok and back with a week in Bangkok), but every 30 days...can you say, insane?

Do not know if any of you saw it, but was, in the housing section that special offer 1 bd in the Citadines. Would love that, they can put most of the furniture in the photos in storage, I'd get my own, but absolutely stunning view and an easy trip to the beach.

Oh, and I've checked the price list for Vinmec Nha Trang, and looks like I could easily afford a dozen or so one week stays for heart attack, stroke, whatever. Only concerning thing is that appears that dengue is endemic and I am one of those humans, well, younger days would visit dad during summer, 2 step-brothers, we'd go out into the wild, I'd have more bites than I could count, the one step-brother just a few and the other none at all. So Deet or equivalent it is.

after studying Vietnam and dreaming about moving there for years I'm finally going tomorrow never returning to USA!!! No idea what I'm going to do when I get there. This 30 days visa thing is pissing me off already. Heading to SGN first then I need to find a new home from there. I'd love to hitch up with someone who can offer me good advise about the country and good locations beyond what I know from my own research.  Hit me up here to: ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@markbruns Hi. You clearly have knowledge that I need. I'm heading to Ho Chi tomorrow but my desire is actually Danang . But not sure I will do that for certain reasons. Are you in Ho Chi now? Love to meet up and learn from you as much as I can. Hit me up here to: ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@markbruns Hi. You clearly have knowledge that I need. I'm heading to Ho Chi tomorrow but my desire is actually Danang . But not sure I will do that for certain reasons. Are you in Ho Chi now? Love to meet up and learn from you as much as I can. Hit me up here to: [link under review]
-@mpine3366

Just curious where in the USA were you living and age? I am thinking about doing the same thing in a few years.  My target is Danang too (was born there), just recently visited in December.  It has enough attractions without the crazy noise like HCM.  The beach isn't bad either :).

@Svho I'm coming from Palm Beach, Florida.  But I left there a week ago, currently in Europe but leaving tomorrow for a two flight to SGN.

Anyway I could use some guidance when I land there.

kashaf here who goes by the name of jack from Utah, USA. Love this forum and am glad to be a part of it!

@kristishka nice sounds like an adventure.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to all the newbies. 1f604.svg

Please feel free to tell us more about yourself, and your plans/projects.

We will love to hear from you and also to know how we can be helpful.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thanks Cheryl just any advice to someone thinking about moving over there is helpful

You can start by reading the Living in Vietnam guide for expats and then create a new thread on the Vietnam forum to discuss any topic with other members of the forum. 1f609.svg

@markbruns did you find any place to live in Danang ? I'm local guy in Danang, hope to help you find a suitable place. Thanks all!

Hello Hieu Land,

Feel free to send a private message to markbruns by clicking on his profile1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello everyone! I'm excited to join this expat forum and connect with fellow expats. I'm a newbie to the expat lifestyle, having recently moved to a new country. I'm looking forward to learning from your experiences and sharing mine.

Hello onboard Johny ^^

Where did you move ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hi Guys,

I hope you're all well.

I plan to move vietnam, more than likely ho chi minh in august this year.

My Girlfriend is a Business teacher here in the UK will continue this in Vietnam. I have six years of sales experience within the automotive and energy sector. I also have a Bsc in Music Technology and spent three months at camp America in New York,

I guess I would just like to put the feelers out about possible employment routes. although sales is my passion and something I excel in I would be keen to go down the teaching road as well, I understand that because I have a degree this would enable me to teach at kindergarten or intermediate english level.

Any advice on the best routes of employment, tips on finding jobs and any general advice for someone who is in the early stages of becoming an expat would be greatly appreciated.

thank you so much for your help and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sean

@Cheryl Thanks so much Cheryl. My gf and I are very excited about moving there...she is Vietnamese and her family is in Danang area.

Hi, I am Mert. I am from Turkey. I am surfing on forum web sites because I like to get contact with people :)

I just moved permanently to Nah Trang, baring this stupid visa run I think I will be here for life.  Looking for other expats here who know more than me. I just posted an event so hoping to meet like minded expats.  So far I found an awesome place to stay on the cheap and got a new motorcycle and hoping to get an American job again soon. Any help is appreciated.

@Julien HI I am Ankit Roy, a 23-year-old Indian from West Bengal.

I have 1 year of Sales and Marketing experience with INDIA's biggest retail company and a Fire Safety MNC. I have an MBA in Strategic Marketing and Digital Marketing, as well as a Bachelor's degree in commerce with Honors in accounting and finance.

I'd adore to go to Vietnam and work there.

Am a Malaysian wid a Viet wife. Had a 2nd home in D7 hcmc which we go back several times a year to chill n having holiday. Running a small business in Malaysia. Would be happy to get along anyone wid less language barrier.

@Julien I an Rich and my wife is Lynn.We have  visited Vn. many times.We are going to be in HCMC for a month to explore  residency.

Would love to hear from an expat with experience to share.

Thanks

@Julien I an Rich and my wife is Lynn.We have visited Vn. many times.We are going to be in HCMC for a month to explore residency.
Would love to hear from an expat with experience to share.
Thanks
-@riskmgr

Hello Rich, and welcome to expat.com. Julien is the owner of the world-wide expat.com website, and may not have the opportunity to reply to you directly.

Congratulations on you and your wife's upcoming (re-)visit to VN. It truly is a wonderful country.

Please feel free to post specific question to forum members, here, under "Post New Topic".

You might also want to try the search page for questions previously asked by other members of expat.com.

Again, welcome aboard and hope to hear from you again soon.

Hello everyone, how are you today? I am glad because I became a member of this community, I found many useful things on this forum.

Hello and welcome on board @Peterjohn9947 ^^

Closed