New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Indonesia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Indonesia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Everyone!

I'm Bart and I just joined here. I live in Ubud, Bali for the last 2 years.

I remember how challenging me was to start a new life here. Don't get me wrong - I loved it. But at the same time, I struggled with basic things like - how to find the best laundry, where to buy some specific stuff, or what is the best place to meet new friends.

Some time ago I decided to help other people like me some time ago and I want to create an online platform to where they can find essential info regarding our town. If you know of other projects like this, please let me know!

See you around!

With Love,

Bart

Hello guys am new on this platform

Hello guys am new on this platform
-@chidindulucky0

Hi, and welcome.

Is there anything  you would like to ask about?

@Julien Thank-you for the warm welcome, and hello to everyone here!

My name is Hanifa and I'm writing from Ontario, Canada and I'm considering a move to Bali (with a first visit in a few months likely)  - from all that I have read about it, and because a couple of very close friends speak very highly about their experiences. there. One has even built an impressive retreat/healing centre there.

I am a healthcare professional - for the past 5+ years a Grief Recovery and Brain Re-Training Guide, with Mindfulness and Meditation practice. Before that I worked for 21 years as.a Licensed Naturopathic Doctor here. I am an educator and have created several online courses for people to work through mental-emotional concerns as well as their effects on the body - through nutrition, bodywork and mindful practice. I understand that Bali respects the healing power of nature and this is the topic I spoke about most recently to Naturopathic Doctors and Healthcare professionals in North America (though I believe available online for the world).

I am also a Vedic scholar and currently spend much time writing poetry after finishing some time ago, my commentary on the classic Vedic text - The Bhagavad Gita - which is self-published and available for free download. Now I'm making courses with this as the underlying principles of ethical conduct. Any tips as to how/where I may apply my skills to help new and/or older learners in Bali? Please let me know if there are any academic-contacts or any other details that might help me with this direction.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Kindly and Optimistically,

1f60a.svg1f64f.svg

Hanifa

..... and I'm considering a move to Bali (with a first visit in a few months likely) - from all that I have read about it, and because a couple of very close friends speak very highly about their experiences. there. One has even built an impressive retreat/healing centre there.

I am a healthcare professional - for the past 5+ years a Grief Recovery and Brain Re-Training Guide, with Mindfulness and Meditation practice. Before that I worked for 21 years as.a Licensed Naturopathic Doctor here. I am an educator and have created several online courses for people to work through mental-emotional concerns as well as their effects on the body - through nutrition, bodywork and mindful practice. I understand that Bali respects the healing power of nature and this is the topic I spoke about most recently to Naturopathic Doctors and Healthcare professionals in North America (though I believe available online for the world).

Kindly and Optimistically,
1f60a.svg1f64f.svg
Hanifa
-@hanifahelps

You need to check what visas are available to you, first as a (non-working) tourist with a max of 60days without using a sponsor, then as a potential worker.

Writing isn't likely to be a problem, but actually working in the above may be,

Lots of Hindus in Bali, so everything that goes with that religion is strong.

Thanks for your response! I have looked into the VISA possibilities. Most of my work is done online these days so I'm not looking for a place to practice, but certainly a place to volunteer some help if possible. And then figuring out the actual living... preferably in a quiet setting rather than the big party areas that I have heard about.

Do let me know if you/any others have any ideas!

Kindly,

Hanifa

Hello yomutha,

Welcome to expat.com!

Feel free to browse on the Indonesia forum and to participate in more discussions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi, I am looking at potentially moving to Bali for myself and my eight year old daughter but don't know where to start? Thank you

Hello hqprojectme,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do you plan to work in Bali or do you want to start your business there?

For a start, you can read the Living in Bali guide for expats.

If you have other questions, you can then start your own thread on the Bali forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Selamat siang, I have been coming to Bali regularly for 7 years and I am preparing my budget to come and live with my two children (13 and 16) in Bali and maybe their dad. I would like to live near Ubud because I find that the south has become very intense in circulation and the energy there no longer suits me. Bali has given me so much already. I didn't expect this life that has made me dream for all these years to open up to me, but that's what seems to be happening step by step. My means are not huge so I am looking for international colleges and high schools for English-speaking children, because my children have spent most of their schooling in bilingual Montessori schools. I am open to any project. Thank you in advance for the information. Any help to continue to expand my budget is welcome. Best regards!

Hi, my name is Jose. I'm researching the possibility of moving back to Indonesia in foreseeable future. I'll be in Jakarta for a couple of months exploring the city. Things seem to change a lot over there. Hopefully it's still "luar biasa", like the song.

Hi!!

This is Ghaida, nice to meet you all.

I am an international recruiter.

Glad to be part of this community, I hope I can share some opportunities for foreigner in Bali.

Hello Ghaida,

Welcome to expat.com!

You can create job offer adverts in the Jobs in Bali section.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

nice to meet you all

@Julien Hi all 👋

I'm from England but married to an Indonesian. I've visited Indonesia quite a few times and love the country, especially the beautiful nature, tasty food and friendly people.

The wife and I would like to try live in Indonesia but haven't worked out all the logistics yet.

I'm interested to see other people's journeys and get involved with the community

@Julien Hi all 👋
I'm from England but married to an Indonesian. I've visited Indonesia quite a few times and love the country, especially the beautiful nature, tasty food and friendly people.
The wife and I would like to try live in Indonesia but haven't worked out all the logistics yet.

I'm interested to see other people's journeys and get involved with the community
-@AidanL

Being married to an Indonesian will make life a lot easier for you.

Get a spouse sponsored, 60 day SosBud first, apply for a KITAS as soon as you can, and off you go for your first year.

Hi all i am Oliver german citizen living already a while in Indonesia but being new to this forum.

looking forward to good connections. I am living and working in Tangerang Area.

Hello

l have fashion label in Australia and would like manufacture our clothing in Bali. We are established label with all our own patterns ready and need someone to make it. We are small business and need about 20 to 40 pieces per design. Looking forward to any advice. We coming to Bali next week.

regards Vivienne

Hello,

I'm Olga from the Czech Republic, but I've been living in Indonesia on and off for more than 17 years. We are a Czech-Indonesian family, we have an organic bamboo complex in Jakarta where there is an Indonesian home school and accommodation. Who would be interested in learning more and becoming a volunteer or otherwise supporting the eco project? We are currently preparing other eco-projects on Riau Island.

Hello,
I'm Olga from the Czech Republic, but I've been living in Indonesia on and off for more than 17 years. We are a Czech-Indonesian family, we have an organic bamboo complex in Jakarta where there is an Indonesian home school and accommodation. Who would be interested in learning more and becoming a volunteer or otherwise supporting the eco project? We are currently preparing other eco-projects on Riau Island.
-@petikuk

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

As this is an expat forum, I have to ask if your job is aimed at expats and, if it is, do you supply KITAS/work permit and so on?

@hqprojectme hi there,

You can message me if you'd like I am an indonesian who's been living in the UK returning to Indonesia, Ubud bali

Happy to share what i know.

regards,

PS

@hqprojectme

hi there,

I am an indonesian, relocating to Ubud, Bali. Feel free to message me happy to share some info that might help you.

Regards,

Poppy

Hi,

I'm a Malaysian Chinese from Kuala Lumpur and I will be posted to Indonesia within the next 2 months. I have visited parts of Indonesia a few times both for work and leisure but moving to and settling down in Indonesia will be a whole new experience for me. I will be in charge of setting up the office in Cikarang/Bekasi area and I am looking to rent an small but cosy and nice apartment in the area.

Will love to connect with other expats and also locals staying nearby.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to interact with members of the Indonesia forum.

You can also post an advert in the Housing in Indonesia section of the website to receive offers.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

i just moved from Singapore to Jakarta , i am looking forward meeting with Expats who are active or working with social enterprises in Indonesia , this is the area of my passion and interets ..

of course, i am open to meet people from any where who are staying in Jakarta or other cities in Indonesia who guide me about the country culture and sharing their insights with me

Ihab

Egyptian Entrepeneur   

Hi all,

I am french married with Indonesian, i go and back to Jakarta often. I live in France for a moment but plan to move to Bali.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I'm an American expat living in Indonesia steadily since early 2020 at the start of the pandemic. My spouse was a beautiful and talented Indonesian woman who passed away with cancer in December. She left behind me and our son who miss her daily.

We pray each day for happiness to return. But as our preteen son said: “Things won't be the same” without her.

Hello all and thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

I have been married to my Indonesian husband for 8 years now and due to many circumstances we have sadly had to live in two countries (i.e. being my mothers full time carer and covid). 

Sadly my mother has passed and I am working for an Australia company (from home) who I believe allow it's employees to work from overseas.   I have just started to look into this, however I am a tad confused about all the different visa's (apologies if this has been asked before).  Is the B211a (or b) the best for me being able to live and work there?  I am by no means a ''digital nomad'' - just a woman who want's to live in the same country as her husband.   

Any insight would be extremely welcomed.

Best wishes

Sounds like you need a KITAS for family reunification for a one year visa to live (but not work) in Indonesia. This is renewable each year. The other option is a KITAP which is a permanent resident visa for family reunification that allows you to live (but not work) in Indonesia for five years. Both options have to be sponsored by your Indonesian husband. In terms of your work, as long as you are employed by an Australian company and paid into your account in Australia then you don't need a work permit for Indonesia— because technically you aren't employed in Indonesia. That would change if you started conducting business in Indonesia which you would need to be careful of. Good luck to you and your husband and welcome back to Indonesia!

Hi everyone!

41 year-old American expat male who just bought a villa in the south Ubud area and looking forward to finally setting up permanent roots here once I return from a brief trip back to the US in June/July. I'm excited to make new friends (both local and expat), integrate myself into various group of similar interests (I come from an architecture / construction background and hope to pursue those interests further...along with any and all types of manual handiwork) and potentially even start a group and host events for other expats in a similar situation looking to make connections. If that sounds like something you're interested in, please let me know and also what kind of events / meeting locations you'd be most interested in.

Thanks everyone!

-Alan

Wishing all the best for your new Adventure 😁👍

A couple of points come to mind..

If the house is in your Indonesian wife's name - no problem.

If the house is in your name, potentially a big problem as that would be illegal. That's less of an issue if you're married to an Indonesian.

If it's under a nominee scheme, pray because you could well be prey. Those things are unenforceable as you can't enforce an agreement that covers an illegal act.

I have no experience of the company in the link, so this is not a recommendation, but they have the details bang on.

https://emerhub.com/bali/buying-propert … foreigner/

As for work, that's dodgy ground unless your wife is your sponsor, and then it's not that great.

A couple of reports of you doing work an Indonesian is available for, and you are in some degree of trouble. That could range from a quiet word to deportation.

https://en.antaranews.com/news/273993/b … -illegally

@Fred

Good one does sound a bit cocky will see what happens ?

Daryl

Hi All, new here 1f642.svg

Hello and welcome @Athayacoid ^^

I am Theo, and new here.

Hello volcano1,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

What is your country of origin?

What brought you to Indonesia?

Please provide us with more information about yourself and your plans so that we can better understand how to assist you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I am originally from Ghana and I am working as a teacher here.

Welcome Theo !

Feel free to interact with members on the Indonesia forum !

I hope you had a smooth transition and are enjoying your work and colleagues so far.

Regards

Bhavna

Closed