ISO East Berlin residents (60s - 90s)

Hello!

I am a freelance journalist in my early career. I am looking for a person having lived in Eastern Berlin during the Soviet occupation. (Preferably that has lived through the 60s and earlier, but I would accept to speak with anyone else who has lived it for a significant amount of time. 70s-80s). I plan on conducting a short interview with this person and will be accompanied by a translator. Looking for your uncles/aunts, parents, or grandparents. I will be in Berlin from December 23rd to the 27.

Thanks for the help!

Mathew S. Turner

Hello Mathew S. Turner,

Welcome on board !

Try posting an advert in the Testimonies, lost items, missing people in Berlin section of the classifieds so that we can share your search with our members through the weekly newsletter.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

@mathewshawnturner Christmas season is an unfortunate time for this, as everyone is celebrating with family and no-one would be available for an interview with a stranger. Also, arranging this certainly takes longer than the few days left until then.

Can you postpone your trip? Then it would be best to contact some authorities in charge of documenting history - they do have lists of "Zeitzeugen" available for such purposes!