Hello, I'm Joel from America.

Greetings all, my name is Joel and it has been my dream to move with my wife and son to Finland.

I am here to get advice and gauge the feasibility of being able to live in Finland.

My mother and father live in Vaasa and are there on a residency permit.  They have lived there for 3 years and own their own home in Vaasa.

They were able to move there through reimmigration, my mothers grandmother was a citizen and lived in Vaasa.

I am 49, a professional photographer, my wife is 45 an addictions counselor, and our son is 5 and in kindergarten.

We, my Mom, Dad, my wife and our son would like to live together as a family at their compound in Vaasa (they have a big house, guest house, and lake     house).   My parents are getting older and I'd like to be there for them and I'd be so honored to be able to raise my son as he attends the best schools in the world in Finland.  We have been studying the language for a year now and are making some progress with a currently modest vocabulary. 

Finland feels like home, it is where my people are from.  My DNA test says I am 74% Finnish.

Is it at all possible to move to Finland under the circumstances I've outlined?  We have the necessary funds that are required by the regulations.  Has anyone heard of people being granted residency with something similar to our situation?

Any help or advice is appreciated.  I'm glad I found all of you on this forum, thank you for having me.

@joelconradbechtolt Hi Joel, I'm Catherine and I've been living in Finland for 7 years, and I live specifically in Tampere, and the city is doing a lot of things to be more international and get talents from around the world that would like to live in our city. I'm one of the Tampere talent ambassadors in the city and we always try to help with info to the ones feels passion for moving here and reading your story, I really felt that passion :)I'll recommend to you have a look in the website Internacional Tampere (I'll copy the link at the end) where you can find all the info you need, and even better you can make and appointment (in English) with experts that can advise you in the right way and options to come here :) I hope this helps and don't hesitate in contact me if you have any doubt, you can find me on many social media channels with my name Catherine Ghersi :)We keep in touch! Catherine https://internationaltampere.fi/article … icalities/