Period of adaptation for Radiographers

Helo all,

Im a South African passport holder and Diagnostic Radiographer. Coru has advised that I do a POA (2weeks only) or an aptitude test but Im opting for the former.

Can you please assist with any information regarding placements for the POA for Radiographers in Ireland?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Tammy

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

From what others have said on this Forum, you need to find a job that will provide the POA you need.  Others have found this particularly difficult with virtually nobody offering these positions.  You could be forgiven for thinking that they do not need medical professionals in Ireland, which I am sure is not the case, so there must be something we're missing.

I suggest you go back to your University and ask your former lecturers and advisors if they have any contacts outside of South Africa that could help; perhaps Ireland is not the place for you - if it's English-speaking positions you are looking for, then perhaps the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand may be worth considering.  One other line of enquiry would be to try LinkedIn and reach out to your Peers in Ireland and find out if anybody is taking on people in your position.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

I suggest New Zealand. Shortages here.