Informations for an article - Thailand

Hello, I am looking for some information for an article about death abroad. How do the administrative issues work, the repatriation, and also the traditions and customs of the host country. I am waiting for your answers! Thank you :)

Each country is different, and the circumstances surrounding the death are different. If you are referring to Thailand, it's the language that has become the first hurdle. Repatriation again is another issue, which also involves the receiving country and the carrier. I wish I can help if you can be more specific

@Estelle Beauland

en cas de décès dans le cas de la

Thaïlande où je réside, les proches du défunt  doivent premièrement se rendre à l'immigration pour l'obtention d'un certificat de décès . La loi Thaïlandaise donne droit à une rémunération allant de 2 à 4.000 Euro , si le défunt était en situation régulière .

Vous devez vous rendre par la suite au ministère des relations extérieures Thaïlandais pour l'obtention d'un laissé passer qui vous permettra de rapatrier le corps du défunt si vous le souhaitez .

Cordialement : Jean Christian

Hello Jean Christian76,

Thank you for sharing this information which I'm sure would be very helpful to the OP, but the problem here is that you wrote in French on an English-speaking forum.

Could you please rewrite your message in English? 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Jean Christian76

in the event of death in the case of

Thailand , relatives of the deceased must first go to immigration to obtain a death certificate. Thai law gives the  right of a 100.000 bath compensation to the relatives of the deceased , if he or she was in a regular situation ( not in overstay )

Relatives must then go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the ministry of Justice to obtain a pass which will allow you to repatriate the body of the deceased if you wish to .

@Estelle Beauland

Thailand , relatives of the deceased must first go to immigration to obtain a death certificate. Thai law gives the right of a 100.000 bath compensation to the relatives of the deceased , if he or she was in a regular situation ( not in overstay )

Relatives must then go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the ministry of Justice to obtain a pass which will allow you to repatriate the body of the deceased if you wish to .

@Estelle Beauland
Thailand , relatives of the deceased must first go to immigration to obtain a death certificate. Thai law gives the right of a 100.000 bath compensation to the relatives of the deceased , if he or she was in a regular situation ( not in overstay )
-@Jean Christian76

Why would immigration issue death certificates?

I don't believe that's correct.

You need the doctor to issue the cause of death then go to the local city hall to get the death certificate then translate to your language by certificated translator then go to your Embassy in Thailand .

As the rule here in Thailand the death will be sent to hospital for autopsy report, relative will get the report the cause of the death then you can ask them where to get the certificate of death usually located in or by City Hall then call your Embassy for the name whom they will accept the  translation..