Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Immigration support

I'm looking to start the process to set up a business in montenegro to relocate.

I was talking to a lady on Facebook. I realized use nearly made a rooky mistake. Gotten no references about her.


Is there a way to check someone out please?


When we moved to bulgaria I was scammed twice before I did it on my own. So I'm nervous not to throw more money at bad people.


Is it doable to set.yp a business and then get residency permits without help easily?

I'm looking  to move with my dependant adult aon my teenager and my 5 year old



My other question is how pet friendly are thebrehts please?

I have 3 dogs that live in a heated outside space and 2 dogs that live inside (outdoor dogs a t cope in a house). 

I own property In bulgaria so not had to think about it here

See also

Hey there,

You always have the option to hire a translator and do the administrations runs on your own. Not fun but absolutely possible.


Generally we hire an accountant here to open the companies (then they continue doing your book-keeping).


Do you already know in which city you want to open your company as this would ideally define where you'd have your accountant (but not necessarily - its just easier to handover the paperwork each month).

@Mastersonsuzi2025

Hello,

I am not an expert, but I would just like to something before you start throwing money away. I am in the same boat as you trying to start a business for residency permit, for living in Montenegro. Have put a holt on setting up and applying etc. Montenegro is in the middle of trying to change their visa's structure, which has put a lot of people who have started business to get their visa's to stay in the country, up in the air. I would suggest you do some more research as their new visa policies, they are trying to set. Is not good for the expat's that are here already. Or the expats (like myself that have just arrived.) Do some more research, news reports etc and be careful on Facebook. There are a lot of people that know what they are talking about and a lot that don't.

Cheers

Sal

The new law has been voted yesterday.

I will try to post a summary about it soon on that thread :

https://www.expat.com/en/forum/europe/m … 2026-.html

@Mastersonsuzi2025 Good day!


Very often, in an attempt to save money, clients try to find the cheapest options by splitting tasks between different providers: one person handles one service, another takes care of something else. In the process, they may forget certain things or fail to coordinate the details properly. As a result, some work often has to be redone or completed later. On top of that, they end up spending time and money visiting government offices instead of focusing on their actual business. When several people are responsible for a task, no one is truly responsible.


It is better to work with accounting firms rather than individual intermediaries or informal service providers. Choose a company based either on a solid personal recommendation or on reviews that you can verify. The easiest way to do this is to check Google reviews spanning a LONG period of time.


As for pets, property owners generally do not welcome them, reasonably assuming that they bring additional risks and expenses.

Further reading