Denied Reason: please provide a detailed address in Vietnam

Hello Experts,I am intending to visit Vietnam in late December and applied for visa for my family. I booked a hotel from agoda.com and put the hotel address on visa form. Here's the address I put on visa form as received in the email from Agoda.5B Pho Quang, SKY CENTER Building, BLOCK A, Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamBut I received the email asking to provide a detailed address in Vietnam. Considering the address field is limited to 200 characters only, what additional details should I put?Any expert advice would be appreciated. Thanks,Zain.

Hello Experts,I am intending to visit Vietnam in late December and applied for visa for my family. I booked a hotel from [link under review] and put the hotel address on visa form. Here's the address I put on visa form as received in the email from Agoda.5B Pho Quang, SKY CENTER Building, BLOCK A, Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamBut I received the email asking to provide a detailed address in Vietnam. Considering the address field is limited to 200 characters only, what additional details should I put?Any expert advice would be appreciated. Thanks,Zain.        -@Zain ul Haq

Hello Zain ul Haq. Welcome to expat.com.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your family's eVisa application. We'll try to help you with this. Lots of friendly folk at expat.com.

The address you provided is assigned to a rental block of units, showing as "Jolie Home". I'll assume that this is correct.

(as a new member, any links you provide will require administration's approval prior to their being viewable on the forum)

Under "INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP", the application asks,

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *

(you should input)     Jolie Home Hotel, 5B D. Pho Quang, Phuong 2, Tan Binh

City/Province *

(you should choose)   HO CHI MINH City

Phone number (in Vietnam)

(optional)  0945 002 001  (Jolie Home's tel.)

Note: you must include the name "Jolie Home" in the address.

I'm hoping this clears things up for you and relieves some of the stress. When you have time, please let the forum know of the results of your amended application. We'd very much appreciate it.

Feel free to jump in on one of our ongoing threads, or open another new topic for discussion should the need arise.

Once more, welcome to expat.com

Hi Aidan, thank you for your quick help. I have resubmitted the visa application with the correct address you provided. Will post the outcome here.

Sometimes they put wrong reasons for denial, check throughly your application for eventual errors.  Just to be sure.

Hello i have the same issue, but i'm My case it is a transit travel, My final destination si Tokio, what i have to put there?

Application status: Amending

Denied Reason: Please specify residencial address in Viet Nam

I just got my visas today - the solution given by Aidan really worked - thank you once again @Aidan.

Hello i have the same issue, but i'm My case it is a transit travel, My final destination si Tokio, what i have to put there?
Application status: Amending
Denied Reason: Please specify residencial address in Viet Nam

-@Lucio Legas

Vietnam doesn't have transit visas, but you'll only need a visa if you'll be leaving the airport.

If you'll be leaving the airport for even just a few minutes, just pick any hotel in that city and use that address.

I just got my visas today - the solution given by Aidan really worked - thank you once again @Aidan.
        -@Zain ul Haq

Good stuff, and very glad to hear it! Thank you very much for reporting back to the forum.

Now then, don't be a stranger. We'd love to hear of your experiences once you've arrived.

I hope you and your family enjoy your time in Vietnam.

@Lucio Legas if your connection is within 24 hours since your landing  and you don't abandon the airport: you don't need transit visa.  But if your departure is over 24 hours and/or you just want at least take a breath outside the vietnamese airport: in that case you will need a visa for tourism (if you are not citizen from the list of countries for vietnam-visa-exemption )

If needed, just do a booking at any vietnamese hotel online (you can find from $25, walking 15 minutes from the exit gate...  look for Sunflowers hotel at google maps) and put that address.  If you pretend to book and then cancel after your eVisa approved: that is not wise

@Aidan in HCMC I have the same problem. The address that I have given is as below

The Myst Dong Khoi Hotel, 6-8 Ho Huan Nghiep, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

+84 28 3520 3040

Can you please guide me how to re write this address ?? My wife's application had the same address as above and that got accepted in the first go.

@Aidan in HCMC I have the same problem. The address that I have given is as belowThe Myst Dong Khoi Hotel, 6-8 Ho Huan Nghiep, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City+84 28 3520 3040Can you please guide me how to re write this address ?? My wife's application had the same address as above and that got accepted in the first go.        -@shehryararshad

Hi there shehryarashad, and welcome to expat.com.

I got your PM. Thank you for writing me.

Try this as the address. It's very close to what you had.

The Myst Dong Khoi Hotel

6-8 Ho Huan Nghiep St., Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

+84 28 3520 3040

Hopefully by adding "St." and the ward it will be accepted. Your wife's application was probably reviewed/approved by an immigration officer who was less of a stickler for detail.

Please let the forum know whether this works for you.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com

@Aidan in HCMC

I have re applied, hopefully will get it this time. Thank you. WIll keep you updated when I get a response.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aiden, sorry to also tag you but I have the same issue.

My email says “Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in Vietnam”

The address I used on the original application is “27 Võ Văn Tần Caroline Vietnam, Quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam”

I found this address for them on Facebook, but it's hard for me to decipher what information to replace: “Caroline apartment, 27 Vo Van Tan, Ward Vo Thi Sau, District 3, HCMC, Tel 0985955934”

Any advice you can provide would be hugely appreciated.

Chris

@Aidan in HCMCHi Aiden, sorry to also tag you but I have the same issue.My email says “Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in Vietnam”The address I used on the original application is “27 Võ Văn Tần Caroline Vietnam, Quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam”I found this address for them on Facebook, but it's hard for me to decipher what information to replace: “Caroline apartment, 27 Vo Van Tan, Ward Vo Thi Sau, District 3, HCMC, Tel 0985955934”Any advice you can provide would be hugely appreciated.Chris        -@christopherdc

Hi christopherdc. No problem, and welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you didn't input the apartment name/address in the section titled "Name of hosting organisation (sic)" by mistake? I ask because it is something I've seen applicants do in error. The details of the address you have appear to be correct.

The correct field for the details on where you will be staying should be input at

"Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *"

So, try this (using English instead of Vietnamese)...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *= Caroline Apartment, 27 Vo Van Tan, Ward 6, District 3

City/Province * = HO CHI MINH City   (from drop-down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 84985955934   (optional, but recommended)

Give that a try, and when you have the time, please let the forum know whether or not your resubmission was successful. We'd very much appreciate it.

Once again, welcome to expat.com. Feel free to ask any additional questions you might have. Lots of friendly folk here ready to help.

(edit: I've not actually seen a "denial/addt'l info" request from VN immigration, so the fields* referenced above may not appear therein. The details supplied, however, should still suffice)

@Aidan in HCMC

Just got my VIsa today. Thank you so much for your help, you are a life saver :)

@Aidan in HCMC
Just got my VIsa today. Thank you so much for your help, you are a life saver smile.png-@shehryararshad

You're very welcome! I'm so glad it worked for you.

Now then, don't be a stranger to the forum! We'd love to hear of your experiences when visiting Vietnam.

@Aidan in HCMC

Will definitely share my experience when I get back. I'm only visiting for 7 days though.

Also, if you can guide me on another query, my visa application asked for the city where I want to land and enter Vietnam. I added Ho Chi Minh as my city for entry. Is it possible that I land in Hanoi instead? Or do I have to enter from Ho Chi Minh now?

@Aidan in HCMCWill definitely share my experience when I get back. I'm only visiting for 7 days though. Also, if you can guide me on another query, my visa application asked for the city where I want to land and enter Vietnam. I added Ho Chi Minh as my city for entry. Is it possible that I land in Hanoi instead? Or do I have to enter from Ho Chi Minh now?        -@shehryararshad

Good question, and one which has come up on the forum before.

As I recall, the general consensus was that you could both enter/exit VN at any of the int'l border crossings where an eVisa is accepted.

This, based upon members reports, agencies advice, and the fact that the new(ish) eVisas no longer show an entry and/or an exit point. 

Hello,

I had the same issue but I put only the name of the hostel in the temperary address: Old quarter view Hostel.

I have a question: Can the religion be a reason for a denial ?

Thanks

Hello boutheinakaroui, and welcome to expat.com.

Hello,
I had the same issue but I put only the name of the hostel in the temperary address: Old quarter view Hostel.

And your application was approved? I'm surprised. Happy for you, but nonetheless quite surprised.

I have a question: Can the religion be a reason for a denial ?
Thanks   
    -@boutheinakaroui

No, you will not be denied entry based on your stated religion. The Religion* field is, however, mandatory and so it must be declared on your application.

Again, welcome to expat.com

@Aidan in HCMC My visa was denied. I had to add the address details.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hello sir . Today i got status that ammended application and the reason is please update your address in Vietnam in detail .. i just found that I didn't wrote anything on name of hosting organizing section also on adress phone number and purpose . Because i thought that i am going as tourist so no need but now after got this message I think I have to write something on this but can you please guide me what should i have to write on " name of hosting organizing " section if i am going as tourist?

@Aidan in HCMCHello sir . Today i got status that ammended application and the reason is please update your address in Vietnam in detail .. i just found that I didn't wrote anything on name of hosting organizing section also on adress phone number and purpose . Because i thought that i am going as tourist so no need but now after got this message I think I have to write something on this but can you please guide me what should i have to write on " name of hosting organizing " section if i am going as tourist?         -@DrUmarFarooq114

Hello DrUmarFarooq114. Welcome to expat.com.

The field titled "Name of hosting organisation (sic)", if you are visiting as a tourist, must be left blank.

The amendment request notice you received is in reference to the field titled

"Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam*". Would you tell me, please, what address you input to that field?

Once more, welcome aboard expat.com.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hey Aidan, just wanted to say thanks; my evisa was approved today with the amendments you suggested.

@christopherdc

GOOD STUFF!

Very nice to hear that the amendments were accepted! I thought about your posts earlier today and figured you should be getting your application decision soon.

Thank you so much for reporting back to the forum.

Hello @Aidan,

I sent the address changes yesterday morning. When do you think I can respond to an answer ?

Thanks

Hello @Aidan,
I sent the address changes yesterday morning. When do you think I can respond to an answer ?

Thanks
        -@boutheinakaroui

If immigration remains true to form, I would expect you to receive a decision by Tuesday, the 23rd. This,  provided the application does not require further amendments.

Please let us know of the results once received.

@Aidan in HCMC. I PUT NOTHING THERE BUT STILL I GOT THIS MESSAGE .

Even i left blank this section but still got this message like " please update your address in Vietnam (in detail)"

Now i dont know what can I do ?

I'm assuming you mean you put nothing in the "Name of hosting organisation (sic)", correct? If so, good. As a visiting tourist, it must be left blank.

Even i left blank this section but still got this message like " please update your address in Vietnam (in detail)"Now i dont know what can I do ?        -@DrUmarFarooq114

I had asked you earlier (Link)....

The amendment request notice you received is in reference to the field titled "Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam*". Would you tell me, please, what address you input to that field?

... to which you did not respond.

So, I ask again, what address did you input to the field, "Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam*"?

Hello @Aidan in HCMC

I got the same problem with e-visa residential adress.

My visa was danied twice already and I amended with this adress. 

Could you have a looks is looks fine?

Thank you

Hanoi Retro 80S Homestay.  19 P. Phan Bội Châu, Trần Hưng Đạo, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 10000, Vietnam

Hello @Aidan in HCMC
I got the same problem with e-visa residential adress.
My visa was danied twice already and I amended with this adress. 
Could you have a looks is looks fine?
Thank you

Hanoi Retro 80S Homestay.  19 P. Phan Bội Châu, Trần Hưng Đạo, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 10000, Vietnam
        -@Gabssy

Hello Gabssy. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the trouble you've been having.

I don't think the error in the address is yours. Rather, I believe it to be the error of the owner/property manager(s) who've listed the businesses at that address incorrectly with Google.

You should drop the "P." in the address "19 P. Phan Bội Châu".

As written, that "P." signifies "Phan Bội Châu" as being a ward (i.e. Ward Phan Boi Chau), instead of being the street named Phan Bội Châu. The address for your homestay, at 19 Phan Boi Chau, is in ward "Tran Hung Dao"

So, try this (enter it in English, instead of Vietnamese)

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * - Hanoi Retro 80s Homestay, 19 Phan Boi Chau, Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem    (you can drop the postal code)

City/Province * - HA NOI City   (from drop down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam) - 0968 017 473 (optional, but recommended)

Give that a try by resubmitting your application. I'm pretty confident that will clear matters up for you.

Please let the forum know how this works. We'd very much appreciate it.

Hello @Aidan in HCMCI got the same problem with e-visa residential adress.My visa was danied twice already and I amended with this adress.  Could you have a looks is looks fine?Thank youHanoi Retro 80S Homestay.  19 P. Phan Bội Châu, Trần Hưng Đạo, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 10000, Vietnam        -@Gabssy

Hello Gabssy. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the trouble you've been having.
I don't think the error in the address is yours. Rather, I believe it to be the error of the owner/property manager(s) who've listed the businesses at that address incorrectly with Google.

You should drop the "P." in the address "19 P. Phan Bội Châu".
As written, that "P." signifies "Phan Bội Châu" as being a ward (i.e. Ward Phan Boi Chau), instead of being the street named Phan Bội Châu. The address for your homestay, at 19 Phan Boi Chau, is in ward "Tran Hung Dao"

So, try this (enter it in English, instead of Vietnamese)

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * - Hanoi Retro 80s Homestay, 19 Phan Boi Chau, Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem    (you can drop the postal code)

City/Province * - HA NOI City   (from drop down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam) - 0968 017 473 (optional, but recommended)

Give that a try by resubmitting your application. I'm pretty confident that will clear matters up for you.
Please let the forum know how this works. We'd very much appreciate it.

-@Aidan in HCMCThank you very much for help!Hopefully they will aprove, because on Thursday I got flight from Bali to Hanoi.Do you know Is it true about 24h visa free transit throught Vietnamese airports?Im thinking to flight even without visa and buy tickets to Bangkok, and after travel through Cambodia to Vietnam.

@Aidan in HCMC I got my visa today for the vietnam :D. Thanks

@Aidan in HCMC I got my visa today for the vietnam big_smile.png. Thanks
        -@boutheinakaroui

Excellent News! And, on the 23rd as predicted :)

We'd love to hear back from you on your experiences once in Vietnam!

Thank you for reporting back to the forum.

Thank you very much for help!

You're very welcome. Our pleasure.

Hopefully they will aprove, because on Thursday I got flight from Bali to Hanoi.

That doesn't leave much time. However.... (see my text, below)1f600.svg

Do you know Is it true about 24h visa free transit throught Vietnamese airports?

For international travellers requiring an eVisa to visit Vietnam, passing through a Vietnam international airport en route to a third country (with less than a 24 hour layover) requires no "transit visa". This will not, however, permit the traveller to clear Vietnam customs/immigration and leave the international departures area of the airport.

Im thinking to flight even without visa and buy tickets to Bangkok, and after travel through Cambodia to Vietnam.
        -@Gabssy

Luckily for you, as an Indonesian citizen you can enter Vietnam for a period of up to 30 days, no visa required!

In the event that your 90 day eVisa does not arrive until after your departure on Thursday, you could board your flight to Vietnam and enter "visa-exempt". Your arrival stamp at the airport here will then have an exit date 30 days from your arrival.

Once the 90 day eVisa has been approved (and received by you), you then have the option of exiting Vietnam and reentering immediately so as to activate that eVisa.

Don't forget. Your "visa-exempt" stay is limited to 30 days. Your newly acquired 90 day eVisa will not be valid until you exit the country and reenter with the eVisa. This is an important point to remember.

Looking forward to hearing back from you with some good news!

(Quoted from post of Jan 20th. Link)

------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming you mean you put nothing in the "Name of hosting organisation (sic)", correct? If so, good. As a visiting tourist, it must be left blank.

Even i left blank this section but still got this message like " please update your address in Vietnam (in detail)" Now i dont know what can I do ?        -@DrUmarFarooq114

I had asked you earlier (Link)....

The amendment request notice you received is in reference to the field titled "Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam*". Would you tell me, please, what address you input to that field?

... to which you did not respond.
So, I ask again, what address did you input to the field, "
Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam*"?   
-@Aidan in HCMC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming that the good DrUmarFarooq114, through our efforts, has now realized their mistake(s) in completing the eVisa application as they have not visited expat.com in over 3 days.

Allow me to say, DrUmarFarooq114, absent a "Thank you" from you...

You're welcome

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you a lot once again.

I'm a  Polish citizen not anIndonesian, but I think because I'm in indonesia I couldn't choose diffrent nationality when I created an accound here.

@Aidan in HCMCThank you a lot once again.I'm a  Polish citizen not anIndonesian, but I think because I'm in indonesia I couldn't choose diffrent nationality when I created an accound here.        -@Gabssy

Okay, understood. I've asked administration to correct your profile.

Because you are not able to take advantage of Vietnam's "visa-exempt" entry, and because your flight is scheduled for tomorrow, I strongly suggest you seek the services of a local Vietnam travel agency.

I've sent you a PM with a referral to a well trusted, long-time member of expat.com who has been using the services of a reliable agency for over 10 years now.

That said, it's possible that you'll receive a positive response from immigration today. I would not chance that, though. Without an eVisa to enter Vietnam, your airline will not allow you to board where your final destination is Vietnam.

Hello @Aidan in HCMCI got the same problem with e-visa residential address. My visa was denied twice already and I applied with the address below. Address is provided by booking.com conformation letter. Appreciated a lot if you could look if that seems ok?

Yen Nam Hotel Hoang Van Thu

Address: 197A Hoàng Văn Thụ, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Phone: ***

thank you for your time in advance

Hello @Aidan in HCMCI got the same problem with e-visa residential address. My visa was denied twice already and I applied with the address below. Address is provided by [link under review] conformation letter. Appreciated a lot if you could look if that seems ok?Yen Nam Hotel Hoang Van ThuAddress: 197A Hoàng Văn Thụ, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamPhone: *** thank you for your time in advance        -@aysunmerak

Hi there aysunmerak, and welcome to expat.com.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. Frustrating, I'm sure.

Try this for the name/address... (when resubmitting your application, use English)

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * -  Yen Nam Hotel, 197A Hoang Van Thu, Ward 8, District Phu Nhuan

City/Province * - HO CHI MINH City  (from drop down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam) -***  (optional, but recommended)

Try resubmitting using that information. I'm optimistic that this will get your application approved.

We'd very much appreciate hearing back from you on immigration's response.

If approved, great! If denied, we'll try a different approach and do our best for you.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com. Hope to hear back from you (with good news!) soon.