Denied Reason: please provide a detailed address in Vietnam

@Aidan in HCMCHii is there any limitation of update the ammends beacause i m afraid it's 2nd time it came backAlso i am taking transit from hanoi and i travel by myself should I need to Also fillup the details mention in the image?https://ibb.co/n7ZBSRd

@Aidan in HCMCHii is there any limitation of update the ammends beacause i m afraid it's 2nd time it came back

Hi again. No, there does not appear to be any limit to the number of times an application can be amended and resubmitted. I know of one individual who had made 5 amendments before finally receiving his approved eVisa.

Also i am taking transit from hanoi and i travel by myself should I need to Also fillup the details mention in the image?[link under review]        -@maharshi218

I assume you mean "...taking transit to Hanoi...", correct?

If so, on the application, under...

INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP ....

you'll find the section "Allowed to entry through checkpoint *". It is mandatory to complete this field. That section displays a list of all border crossing points where an eVisa can be used. Be sure your intended land-crossing point is showing on this list.

(as a new member, any links you include in a post must be approved by administration prior to their being viewable)

@Aidan in HCMCHii is there any limitation of update the ammends beacause i m afraid it's 2nd time it came backAlso i am taking transit from hanoi and i travel by myself should I need to Also fillup the details mention in the image?https://ibb.co/n7ZBSRd

-@maharshi218

Your link has been approved by administration.

Do not complete the section titled "Name of hosting organisation" (nor their address, telephone number, or purpose), as you do not have a "hosting organisation". Change your "Purpose of entry *" to "tourism", and then continue the application at "Information about the trip" section.

Are you applying through the official gov't of VN eVisa application web portal? See here

It might be to your advantage to use the services of a competent local travel agent to expedite this. Let me know if you'd like to take that route, and if so I'll put you in contact with an expat.com forum member who will be able to refer you to an agent successfully used by many of our members.

@shehryararshad

hi,

I have a similar amendmend request for details on address in Vietnam.

I have currently entered Hotel La Siesta Classic Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi

can you suggest what should be entered instead?

thanks!

@Aidan in HCMC

hi, I also have a similar issue

I have currently entered Hotel La Siesta Classic Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi

can you suggest what should I enter?

thanks!

@Aidan in HCMChi, I also have a similar issueI have currently entered Hotel La Siesta Classic Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoican you suggest what should I enter?thanks!        -@Crystalgarden73

Hello Crystalgarden73, and welcome to the expat.com Vietnam forum.

This incorrect hotel address, as you can see from previous posts in this thread, is not an uncommon occurrence.

You should enter the following, in English...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *Hotel La Siesta Classic, 94 Ma May Street, Hang Buom Ward, Hoan Kiem District (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province *HA NOI City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam)024 3926 3641 (optional, but recommended)

I'm confident this amendment will result in your eVisa application being approved. In the (unlikely) event that it is again denied, please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more. We'll do our best to help you through this.

Your reporting back to the forum of your application being accepted would be greatly appreciated, as this will assist others who find themselves in a similar situation.

Hope to hear back from you soon (with good news!).

H Aidan
FIrst they say inccorect name, now please provide the detailed address. we as family of 3 ( 2 adult 1 child) havent  book the hotel yet.

can we provide them the nonbookkng hotel address as intended temporary address?
        -@guudoll

Hello guudoll, and welcome to the expat.com Vietnam forum.

Yes, you can provide your not yet booked hotel as your "Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam".

There is no penalty for changing your mind after arriving in Vietnam about which hotel you will be staying at. It is the responsibility of the hotel to inform Vietnam immigration of your staying there once you've checked in.

Good luck in the application process. Feel free to ask any additional questions which might arise.

@Aidan in HCMC hii after a long time my visa got accepted thanks mate for your big help

1 more thing...for border crossing from china you can also apply for transit visa on arrival at border.......

But you need to provide proof of transit.....ex.-your confirmed flight ticket or etc.....

And from china to vietnam there are many routes to travel like via bus via train via plane via taxi/car also....

@Aidan in HCMC hii after a long time my visa got accepted thanks mate for your big help

Good to hear, and thank you for reporting back your good news!

1 more thing...for border crossing from china you can also apply for transit visa on arrival at border.......
But you need to provide proof of transit.....ex.-your confirmed flight ticket or etc.....
And from china to vietnam there are many routes to travel like via bus via train via plane via taxi/car also....
        -@maharshi218

Very good info! Thank you for that. Members of the forum, as well as casual readers alike, will benefit from this. Very much appreciate it.

...you can provide your not yet booked hotel as your "Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam".

There is no penalty for changing your mind after arriving in Vietnam about which hotel you will be staying at...
    -@Aidan in HCMC

Definitely worth repeating.

Furthermore, you can "intend" to go to any hotel, so (casual reader) why not choose a well known place with a well known address when filling out the evisa application and then go to the place you discovered with a strange name and weird address after you arrive?

That could potentially solve most of these problems.

@OceanBeach92107

Stellar recommendation!

@OceanBeach92107. This is my standard MO just putting it on the paperwork is merely stating your "intention"

Hello good morning

I've been trying to submit a visa application 

And it keeps saying

Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam

Later then I received

Denied Reason: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE ALL THE BLANKS IN THE APPLICATION FORM

Hello good morning

Hello Enowbot, and welcome to the VN expat.com forum. Thank you for writing me, and thank you for posting directly to the forum.

I've been trying to submit a visa application 
And it keeps saying
Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam
Later then I received
Denied Reason: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE ALL THE BLANKS IN THE APPLICATION FORM
        -@Enowbot

Okay, very good.

In your PM to me you had asked, "Please do I need to use an agent so I can get the visa as soon as possib?". That might very well be your best choice, depending of course on when your intended date of departure is.

Would you tell us, please, on what date you had planned to visit Vietnam?

If imminent, we are able to refer you to a long-time trusted member of expat.com whose agent has successfully helped people with their eVisa approval (quickly).

Also, in your PM you had stated, "Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam".

Did you amend the address, and if so, what was the address you had originally supplied, and what was your amended address? I want to establish that immigration's reason for denial is accurate.

With regard to the current "Denied Reason: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE ALL THE BLANKS IN THE APPLICATION".

This seems a little odd to me. I say this because I had thought that it was not possible to a)complete the application, then, b)move on to the review the application page, then, c)submit the application, and then finally, d)proceed to the payment page. If you had amended the address before resubmitting the application, might you have accidentally removed one (or more) of the application's required fields?

Is this the first time you received this denial reason, as worded? I ask because I have heard reports from people where they receive a denial stating "Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam". After amending and resubmitting a still unacceptable addres, they'd received a "Denied Reason: PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED ADDRESS IN VIETNAM", all letters capitalized. Curious, but I'd been told that by more than one expat, and at the time I simply brushed it off. Now I'm genuinely curious.

Okay, let us know your date of travel, and if coming up soon we can get you started on your agency discussions.

Hello @Aidan,

We are planning to go a trip in Vietnam between 19 - 26 June. I read all the comments here, we applied for visa but the same as like previous comments,

Application status: Amended application

Denied Reason: - Please provide a detailed address in Vietnam.

We put this adress and booked this hotel in Agoda Vy Khanh Guesthouse ;

241/11/6 Đường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí

Minh, Việt Nam, 70000

there is also an english one like this but we didnt put this one;

241/11/6 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District

1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 70000

That could be the reason? or our adress is wrong?

And also  we put the hotel name Name of hosting organisation in here too I assume after reading posts we should remove this right?

Thank you in advance.

Hello @Aidan,

Hello alyhelin, and welcome to the expat.com Vietnam forum.

We are planning to go a trip in Vietnam between 19 - 26 June.

A nice one week visit! Visiting from Turkey? Have you been to Vietnam before?

I read all the comments here...

That must have been a chore! 174 posts prior to yours1f62e.svg

we applied for visa but the same as like previous comments,
Application status: Amended application
Denied Reason: - Please provide a detailed address in Vietnam.
We put this adress and booked this hotel in Agoda Vy Khanh Guesthouse ;
241/11/6 Đường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí
Minh, Việt Nam, 70000

there is also an english one like this but we didnt put this one;
241/11/6 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District
1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 70000

That could be the reason? or our adress is wrong?

Either English or Vietnamese will suffice, provided the hotel/guest-house/resort has provided the correct information. I always suggest the address be input in English.

Your application was sent back requiring amendment due to an incomplete address (missing the "ward"), though the mistake was not your fault. Just another example of hotels not declaring their full address.

Input the address, in English, as this (you can copy/paste from below):

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *Vy Khanh Guesthouse 241/11/6 Pham Ngu Lao Road, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1  (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province *HO CHI MINH City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) =  0908 343 012 (optional, but recommended)

And also  we put the hotel name Name of hosting organisation in here too I assume after reading posts we should remove this right?

Yes, absolutely. Leave the "Hosting Org." panel blank.

Thank you in advance.
        -@alyhelin

You're very welcome.

I will add one tip, and that is to take advantage of the eVisa's validity being good for up to 90 days. As you will be visiting for seven days from the 19th to the 26th, you might want to apply with dates which will give you some leeway in the event of changing circumstances. You could make the application for the 15th to the 30th, giving yourself a 4-day safety net on each side of your intended arrival/departure dates. There is no penalty for arriving after the "valid from" date, nor for exiting prior to the "valid until" date.

Okay, good luck in your amended application. We'd very much appreciate hearing back from you as to the result, and after your arrival it would be great hearing more from you of your impressions/experiences while here.

@Aidan in HCMC

Yes, from Turkey we have been thinking to go Vietnam and really excited about it, I ll update here after our trip 1f600.svg

And thank you for your return , we will update the form as  you say and I will also update here too I hope we wont get any problems about it further 1f64f.svg.

so this is a variation of something I posted previously. I have a sneaking suspicion that many Airbnb rentals and individual property rentals listed on websites such as Agoda are NOT actually registered with the government as legal lodging, especially when someone is visiting as a tourist.

I think maybe if a person were visiting family they could probably list a private residence, but I'm guessing that some of these addresses raise a red flag for immigration.

Again I don't know this for sure but that would make sense to me.

as I mentioned before, probably the best place to list as your intended destination is a well-known hotel or motel listed on Google maps.

since there's no requirement to actually go to your intended destination, there is no risk in going to a different legal location upon arrival, as long as your landlord or hotel manager reports your stay within 24 hours.

@alyhelin @Aidan hello again, we updated the form like you said at 5th of June and we still don't have answer from them.

Is it normal do you think? I mailed and I also filled the support form too. Do you think we can communicate with them in other way?

Thank you in advance

... Do you think we can communicate with them in other way?
        -@alyhelin

It's definitely time to consider using an agent.

Hello!

I've applied for a Vietnamese visa 3 days ago, and only afterwards did I think to look some info up online about the whole process and things to look for while applying 1f605.svg that's how I found this forum!

After reading this whole forum I've realised that the chances are considerable my application will be rejected (due to the address, due to the fact I did fill "hosting organisation" field in, etc).

I basically have two questions:

1) I keep seeing that people mention amending their visa applications; that is however not possible before you get an updated status "Application status: Amended application", right? I've already sent two requests via Visa support with "wrong application information" as a topic, but I obviously don't want to overload my application with excessive requests for change. For example, I've only realised that the "hosting org" field should be left blank after already submitting my two request for change, so for now I've decided to not do it anymore and wait for their answer.

2) Since my intended date of stay in Vietnam is approaching (a bit more than a week from now), I would like to possibly contact an agent to help me with my visa application.

Can you please provide me the details of the trustworthy person you have been mentioning on the forum?

Thanks in advance!

2) Since my intended date of stay in Vietnam is approaching (a bit more than a week from now), I would like to possibly contact an agent to help me with my visa application.

Can you please provide me the details of the trustworthy person you have been mentioning on the forum?

-@Julia_che

Hi Julia,

We can't post the info publicly, as that essentially constitutes a promotion of the business, which isn't allowed in the forum.

You are welcome to request the info in a private message to one of us.

Cheers!

O.B.

@OceanBeach92107

Thank you for your answer!

Can you send me this information in a private message please? (I am not sure how to dm you)

@OceanBeach92107
Thank you for your answer!

Can you send me this information in a private message please? (I am not sure how to dm you)

-@Julia_che

I've added you as a contact.

Now you can click on my avatar and follow the link to send me a DM

@alyhelin @Aidan hello again, we updated the form like you said at 5th of June and we still don't have answer from them.Is it normal do you think?

Hi there alyhelin.

The amendment you submitted was done late at night, the 5th of June. This means that immigration will not received your amended application until the 6th, making the 7th day 1. The stated turnaround time for applications/amendments is three business days (bringing us to the 11th), but 4 days is not out of the ordinary.

Give it until this evening (Wednesday the 12th), and if nothing received by then do let us know. You would be well advised, as mentioned by OceanBeach92107, to consider using the services of a trusted agent here in Vietnam at that point should your eVisa not be processed.

I mailed and I also filled the support form too. Do you think we can communicate with them in other way?Thank you in advance       -@alyhelin

Unfortunately, to this day we have not received reports from any member ever being able to establish/confirm contact with immigration through either email or by way of immigration's support form. I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear from any member who has received a response from immigration through either of those routes.

@Aidan in HCMC

@OceanBeach92107

Hello thank you both for your quick return I got an answer just after I posted here 1f600.svg

We got a 15-day visa which is not normal I think I saw generally its a month for everyone but It covers our visit time so it's okay.

I hope we don't encounter any other problems. Thank you again take care.

@Aidan in HCMC
@OceanBeach92107
Hello thank you both for your quick return I got an answer just after I posted here 1f600.svg

Excellent news! So glad it came through for you!

We got a 15-day visa which is not normal I think I saw generally its a month for everyone but It covers our visit time so it's okay.

The current eVisa limit is 90 days maximum ($25 single entry, $50 multiple-entry, USD). We've always recommended to applicants that they take advantage of this maximum 90 day term. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and for the benefit of readers of this post, the 90 day eVisa is valid for entry at any time within its "Grant Evisa valid from" date up to the day prior to its "to" date. Likewise, travellers are free to exit Vietnam at any time after their entry, up to and including the last day of the eVisa's validity.

You've piqued my curiosity, and I'm hoping you might have time to reply to my question(s). It will surely be of interest to future applicants.

You had mentioned that your visit here will be from June 19th - 26th (which Vietnam immigration will count as 8 days). If I may...

What dates are covered by your eVisa (from - to)?

What did you request for the "Grant Evisa valid from" and the "to" dates?

Was June 19th the date you had indicated as being your "Intended date of entry"?

And lastly, what number of days did you state for "Intended length of stay in Viet Nam (number of days)"?

Sorry for peppering you with so many questions. The more info supplied to the forum by members, the greater our understanding of the machinations of the eVisa application process.

I hope we don't encounter any other problems. Thank you again take care.
        -@alyhelin

It's easy sailing for you from here on in. Now then, don't be a stranger after touching down! We'd love to hear of your experiences/impressions. Feel free to ask advice, if needed, while here on your visit. Lots of friendly folk at expat.com's Vietnam forum.

Hello friend

My husband and I have the same problem. I did not receive any email after two days, but my husband received a warning to correct the address, and we sent another hotel address, but the same message came again with a visa rejection warning.    This is the address we sent:

Nicecy Hotel - Yersin Street

Address: 7-9 Đường Yersin, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City,

Vietnam

Is something wrong with that?

Phone: +84 703 939 883

Hello friend
My husband and I have the same problem. I did not receive any email after two days, but my husband received a warning to correct the address, and we sent another hotel address, but the same message came again with a visa rejection warning.    This is the address we sent:

Nicecy Hotel - Yersin Street
Address: 7-9 Đường Yersin, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City,
Vietnam

Is something wrong with that?
Phone: +84 703 939 883   
    -@babaei79m

Hello babaei79m. Welcome to the forum.

The address you supplied is incomplete (missing the "ward"). You should input, in English, the following...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *The Nicecy Hotel, 7-9 Yersin Road, Cau Ong Lanh Ward, District 1 (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province * =  HO CHI MINH City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam)028 2233 8879 (optional, but recommended)

This should do it for you. Please take the time to let us know if your husband's application amendment is successful. If denied again, don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Hello Aidan in HCMC

Thank you very much for your quick reply.  We have implemented these changes and I hope to get an answer and I will certainly let you know

Hello Aidan in HCMCThank you very much for your quick reply.  We have implemented these changes and I hope to get an answer and I will certainly let you know        -@babaei79m

You're quite welcome.

Hope to hear good news from you soon.

(I think you and your husband's applications will now be okay).

I'm curious, and only when you have time, where did you get the phone number you used for the hotel? Perhaps on a booking site?

Thank you so much

Yes, we took the phone number from the booking site where we booked the hotel

Does anyone know how many days it will take to get the visa response after updating the address?

Does anyone know how many days it will take to get the visa response after updating the address?        -@babaei79m

Hi again.

As your amended application was submitted late Friday the 14th, immigration will accept it for consideration on Monday the 17th. The stated turnaround time for applications/amendments is 3 days, Tuesday the 18th being your day 1.

You can expect a response from immigration by end of business hours on Thursday the 20th (perhaps sooner, depending on the case load immigration is working on).

Does this leave you sufficient time before your expected departure date?