Denied Reason: please provide a detailed address in Vietnam

Hello @Aidan, thank you for your quick help. I resubmitted my visa application with the address correction that you provided. Hopefully will post the good news here.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hey Aidan

It did work, I got the visa 2 days ago.

Thank you a lot 😀

Hey Aidan It did work, I got the visa 2 days ago.Thank you a lot 😀         -@Gabssy

Excellent news! And thank you very much for reporting back to the forum, Gabssy!

I figured it would be okay, but that tight schedule of yours had me concerned.

Don't forget to let us know of your impressions/experiences here. Feel free to ask any questions which might arise. Hope to hear from you again soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hey Aidan,

i entered from Hanoi yesterday. i just wanted to confirm you that based on the E visa you can enter from any international airport that you want, it doesnt matter which airport you mentioned on your e visa application 😇 Hope this will be able to help others as well in future.

@Aidan in HCMC
Hey Aidan,

i entered from Hanoi yesterday. i just wanted to confirm you that based on the E visa you can enter from any international airport that you want, it doesnt matter which airport you mentioned on your e visa application 😇 Hope this will be able to help others as well in future.
        -@shehryararshad

It most certainly will help others! Thank you for that report, shehryarashad.

Very good info to have!

Enjoy your week here in Vietnam 1f600.svg

Hi @Aidan in HCMC ,

If possible I would also like help ensuring the residential address I write on my Vietnam E-Visa application is correct. I've been requested to “Please fill details information on residential address in Viet Nam” like everyone else. I have a flight out of Hanoi early on the 9th of February so can't afford to get it wrong again!

I initially filled out this field as “The Drift Backpackers Hostel”. This time I am planning to write:

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *

• Drift Backpackers Hostel, No.38 Au Trieu, Hang Trong Str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi Old Quarter

(this is from the hostel website)

City/Province * - HA NOI City  (from drop down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam) - +84385868779

Let me know if there are any changes I should make.

Also I have heard that 3rd party agencies can get Visas approved faster (within 2 days) - Is there an agency you would recommend if I still don't have an approved visa early next week?

Thanks so much!

Hi @Aidan in HCMC ,

Hi there sarahsachieosang, and welcome to expat.com.

I received you PM. Thank you for writing me.

If possible I would also like help ensuring the residential address I write on my Vietnam E-Visa application is correct. I've been requested to “Please fill details information on residential address in Viet Nam” like everyone else. I have a flight out of Hanoi early on the 9th of February so can't afford to get it wrong again!
I initially filled out this field as “The Drift Backpackers Hostel”.

Okay, understood. It is a common mistake, so you are not alone in not providing a complete address for your hostel.

This time I am planning to write:
Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *
Drift Backpackers Hostel, No.38 Au Trieu, Hang Trong Str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi Old Quarter
(this is from the hostel website)

You should write;

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * - Drift Backpackers Hostel, 38 Au Trieu St., Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District   (notice the placement of "St." and "Ward". also, do not include "Old Quarter")

City/Province * - HA NOI City  (from drop down list)
Phone number (in Vietnam) - +84385868779

Good.

Let me know if there are any changes I should make.

That should do it for you.

Also I have heard that 3rd party agencies can get Visas approved faster (within 2 days) - Is there an agency you would recommend if I still don't have an approved visa early next week?

Since your eVisa application has already been reviewed and immigration is now waiting for your response, I'm hopeful  that you'll receive your approved eVisa by Tuesday morning, Feb 6th. This is cutting things very close, especially due to the fact that the Tet Holidays will soon be upon us. See here for a sticky post from the forum's main page from member OceanBeach92107 regarding Tet Holidays and eVisa applications. (Link)

Let me know whether you're comfortable waiting a bit, or whether you'd prefer to be put in touch with an agent which has been used by a long-time member of expat.com.

Thanks so much!
    -@sarahsachieosang

You're quite welcome. Feel free to ask additional questions, open a new topic of your own, or to jump in to one of our ongoing threads.

Good to have you with us.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for getting back to me! If you could put me in contact with an agent that would be great. Just so I have all my options.

Thanks again,

Sarah

@Aidan in HCMCHi Aidan,Thanks for getting back to me! If you could put me in contact with an agent that would be great. Just so I have all my options.Thanks again, Sarah        -@sarahsachieosang

You're welcome, Sarah.

I've sent you a PM

@Aidan in HCMC
Hi Aidan,

Thanks for getting back to me! If you could put me in contact with an agent that would be great. Just so I have all my options.

Thanks again,

Sarah

-@sarahsachieosang

Don't try to do both options.

You're just going to make the agent's job harder the longer you wait.

I'm writing this not just for you but for so many people who try the same plan.

We're getting so many people with so many problems I'm not even recommending that people go through the official website any longer.

My personal recommendation to everyone is that they go with a trustworthy agent on their first try.

That's just my personal recommendation.

Hi everyone i am frustrated with geting my husband visa approved for upcoming trip to vietnam. I submitted my husband and I visa on the same day with the same information both other than our name. My husbands visa has been denied 3 times. The first time the said his name had to be ICAO format and they needed a street address for the hotel we will be staying. My visa was approved with just the hotel name but okay i copied and paste the address and sent it in and I didn't change the way my husband name was on the visa because it clearly ask surname and i entered his last name and given name i entered his first and middle name as it is on his passport. They denied it the second time asking to give the address of his place of residence in Vietnam. I sent it back with the name of the hotel and the address as i copied from the hotel website but they never said anything about his name. Now we get the third denial asking to be specific about the address including the ward. I am so confused as to why is my husband application keeps being denied but approve mines with no address. The name of the hotel we are due to stay in is Bliss Hoi An Beach Resort & Wellness and I'm not sure what the correct address is because every address i see and included they want more info.

Hello keyarnac, and welcome to expat.com.

Hi everyone i am frustrated with geting my husband visa approved for upcoming trip to vietnam. I submitted my husband and I visa on the same day with the same information both other than our name. My husbands visa has been denied 3 times. The first time the said his name had to be ICAO format and they needed a street address for the hotel we will be staying. My visa was approved with just the hotel name but okay i copied and paste the address and sent it in and I didn't change the way my husband name was on the visa because it clearly ask surname and i entered his last name and given name i entered his first and middle name as it is on his passport.

We've had reports from several members describing precisely the same scenario which you are experiencing. Very frustrating for the applicants. It would appear that some of the immigration officers reviewing the applications are absolute sticklers for detail, while other officers are willing to apply, shall we say, a little charity.

We'll try to help you through this.

They denied it the second time asking to give the address of his place of residence in Vietnam. I sent it back with the name of the hotel and the address as i copied from the hotel website but they never said anything about his name. Now we get the third denial asking to be specific about the address including the ward. I am so confused as to why is my husband application keeps being denied but approve mines with no address. The name of the hotel we are due to stay in is Bliss Hoi An Beach Resort & Wellness and I'm not sure what the correct address is because every address i see and included they want more info.        -@keyarnac

What was the address you submitted for the Bliss Hoi An Beach Resort & Wellness, exactly as you had copied/pasted it?

We've seen a couple of instances where the address for hotels/hostels/home-stays/etc found online is incorrect, or is a mistranslation of the address from Vietnamese to English. Send us what you input for the resort's address and we'll take a look.

Would you tell us, please, what your intended date of entry to Vietnam is? I ask due to this currently being the Vietnam Lunar New Year holiday period (Tết). A Sticky Note (Link) found on the forum's main page (Link) contains information on how this will affect eVisa applications.

Try not to stress too much about this. As I said, we'll do our best to help you. Lots of friendly members at expat.com.

Once again, welcome aboard. Hope to hear back from you soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks for helping out Aidan. I ended up getting in contact with the agent and got my visa last night (so the next working day after I contacted them).

@Aidan in HCMC
Thanks for helping out Aidan. I ended up getting in contact with the agent and got my visa last night (so the next working day after I contacted them).
        -@sarahsachieosang

WHEW! Now that will relieve quite a bit of stress, I'm sure!

Thank you for reporting back to the forum the positive results! We certainly appreciate it, Sarah.

Now then, don't be a stranger. We'd love to hear reports from you of your impressions/experiences once you've arrived. :)

@Aidan in HCMC Bliss Hoi An Beach Resort and Wellness,  Binh Minh Beach, Thang Binh, Quang Nam, Hoi An, Vietnam

@Aidan in HCMC Bliss Hoi An Beach Resort and Wellness,  Binh Minh Beach, Thang Binh, Quang Nam, Hoi An, Vietnam         -@keyarnac

Okay, thank you.

Though the resort includes "Hoi An" in its name, it isn't actually in Hoi An.

Try this on your new amendment. Copy/paste to your amended application, maintaining English spelling.

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Bliss Hoi An Beach Resort & Wellness Hotel, Binh Minh Beach, Thang Binh District (add nothing more to this address line)

City/Province * = Quang Nam   (from drop-down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam)=0911 889 558   (optional, but recommended)

Try resubmitting with this correct info. I'm thinking this change will result in your husbands eVisa being granted.

You didn't mention your entry date, so I'll assume you've plenty of time to get things sorted.

Please be so kind as to let the forum know whether this has cleared things up for you.

We'd very much appreciate it. (Link)

Hope to hear back from you with good news, soon :)

Hey Aidan,

Hope you are doing good. My wife visa got denied stating that - Denied Reason: please specify residencial address in Việt Nam (in details)

Previously I filled just hotel name - Sofiana My Khe Hotel & Spa.

But now I have filled -

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam = Sofiana My Khe Hotel & Spa, 54 56 Tran Bach Dang

City/Province = Da Nang

Phone number (in Vietnam) = +84 236 3528 567

Do you think will work out? I picked address from Hotel website now.

Also, I applied both mine and my wife visas on same day on 4th February but her got reviewed and came with mistake. Even, I have made same mistake but mine is still showing In Processing status. I am worried that my visa might get delayed due to Lunar New year holidays also coming up as mine will also get denied and I have to again fill it and sent it correctly. My flight is on 7th March.

Thanks.

Hey Aidan,Hope you are doing good. My wife visa got denied stating that - Denied Reason: please specify residencial address in Việt Nam (in details)Previously I filled just hotel name - Sofiana My Khe Hotel & Spa.But now I have filled -Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam = Sofiana My Khe Hotel & Spa, 54 56 Tran Bach DangCity/Province = Da NangPhone number (in Vietnam) = +84 236 3528 567Do you think will work out? I picked address from Hotel website now.Also, I applied both mine and my wife visas on same day on 4th February but her got reviewed and came with mistake. Even, I have made same mistake but mine is still showing In Processing status. I am worried that my visa might get delayed due to Lunar New year holidays also coming up as mine will also get denied and I have to again fill it and sent it correctly. My flight is on 7th March.Thanks.        -@shubhamgupta536

Hi there shubhamgupta, and welcome to expat.com. Sorry to hear of the eVisa troubles.

Please enter the following to amend your wife's application. Though only a slight variation on what you had entered, some of the immigration officers reviewing the applications are, as previously mentioned, sticklers for detail.

So, try this...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Sofiana My Khe Hotel & Spa, 56 Tran Bach Dang, Bac My Phu Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District

City/Province *  = DA NANG City   (from drop down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 0236 3528 567 (optional, but recommended)

I'm confident that this will suffice.

You mention your expected arrival date as being March 7th. I'm thinking that this should allow sufficient time for your application to be approved, but you can definitely expect a slow-down in the approval/turnaround time from the ministry. There is now a notice showing on the gov't's eVisa web portal (screen grab below, 08/02/2024)

Don't fret too much. We'll help you through this.

holiday-notice-tet.png

(to enlarge, click here)

We'd very much appreciate hearing back from you as this proceeds.

Feel free to ask any further questions which might arise, open a new topic for discussion, or to jump in to any of our other ongoing discussions, here. (Link) Once again, welcome aboard expat.com

Hi Aidan,

can you please help me translate his address

The Corner Riverside hotel,

100 Nguyễn Du, Phường Cẩm Phổ, Hội An, Quảng Nam 560000, Vietnam

Hey Aidan,

My visa application has been denied twice for the same issue with address. Can you please advise what to do with the following address:

Hanoi Backpackers hostel No.01 Hai Tuong lane / Ta Hien Stret Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi Old Quarter, Vietnam.

Thanks!

Hey Aidan,

Hoping you can help me format my address correctly for my visa application. It's been rejected twice and we're flying next Wednesday. We are staying in Hanoi backpackers hostel and online the address is:

Address: No.01 Hai Tuong lane / Ta Hien Stret Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi Old Quarter, Vietnam

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi Aidan,can you please help me translate his address The Corner Riverside hotel,100 Nguyễn Du, Phường Cẩm Phổ, Hội An, Quảng Nam 560000, VietnamThanks smile.png-@maniebi

Hi there maniebi, and welcome to expat.com.

I'm assuming you did not receive a "denial" from Vietnam immigration, as I see no issue with the address you provided.

To answer your request to translate the address, you can enter, in English...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = The Corner Riverside Hotel, 100 Nguyen Du, Cam Pho Ward, Hoi An District

City/Province *=Quang Nam  (from drop-down list)

Phone number (in Vietnam)=0905 334 434  (optional, but recommended)

Hope this works for you. Don't hesitate to ask further questions, contribute to any of our other ongoing threads, or open a new topic of your own for discussion.

Once again, welcome to the forum.

Hey Aidan, Hoping you can help me format my address correctly for my visa application. It's been rejected twice and we're flying next Wednesday. We are staying in Hanoi backpackers hostel and online the address is: Address: No.01 Hai Tuong lane / Ta Hien Stret Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi Old Quarter, VietnamAny help would be greatly appreciated! smile.png-@Orlsc

Hello Orisc. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. Denials from immigration can be quite frustrating. I do hope that when you say "next Wednesday", you mean the 28th? 1f61f.svg

I see a fault in the hostels address listing, something which as you can see from previous posts in this thread, is not uncommon.

Try this...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Hanoi Backpackers Hostel, 1 Hai Tuong Lane, Hoan Kiem District   (do not include "Hanoi Old Quarter")

City/Province * = HAN OI City   (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam)=02439352468   (optional, but recommended)

I'm quite confident that this will work for you, but if not please don't hesitate to write again. We'll get you through this.

Hope to hear back of your successful application, soon. Don't hesitate to ask further questions, contribute to any of our other ongoing threads, or open a new topic of your own for discussion.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks Aidan, I have resubmitted the application with the updates you suggested. Fingers crossed that works!! And yes I mean the 28th, so still a bit of time!

I will keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks again :)

Hi Aidan,

can you please help me translate the address.

The Corner Riverside Hotel,

100 Nguyen Du, Phuong cam pho, hoi an , Quang  Nam, Vietnam

Hi Aidan,can you please help me translate the address.The Corner Riverside Hotel, 100 Nguyen Du, Phuong cam pho, hoi an , Quang  Nam, VietnamThanks smile.png-@maniebi

Now you want it in Vietnamese?

The Corner Riverside hotel,

100 Nguyễn Du, Phường Cẩm Phổ, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam

See my response to your earlier post, here. (Link)

@Aidan in HCMC

Hey! Thanks for helping me out.

It got denied first time. I just updated details again on feb 19.

I am flying this friday on 23rd . you think it will get approved before that? It says within three working days. I am hoping to get it by Feb 22.

Is there any process to speed up? or I should do while I wait?

No 3 Hang Dao Street, Hanoi

221B Baker St., London

@Aidan in HCMC
I am flying this friday on 23rd . you think it will get approved before that? It says within three working days. I am hoping to get it by Feb 22.
        -@maniebi

Immigration officers have just returned from a week-long Tet holiday, so I'm imagining they're having quite a backlog to wade through. You might get lucky, but that's a big "might".

I suggest that you contact a long-time, trusted member of expat.com. He has been using an honest travel agent for his visas for more that a decade now. I'll send you a PM (private message) with his contact details.

to the casual readers of the forum, entering in English language the address for the residence you will be staying at is perfectly acceptable.

@Aidan in HCMC

-@maniebi

Why are you applying for a visa?

Your profile indicates you are from Thailand.

You have an automatic 30 day visa exemption.

@Aidan in HCMC...

Hi..

My wife and i applied for evisa for Vietnam and put the temporary address as 'Le Beaute de hanoi hotel', which is one of the hotels that we are going to be staying during our trip. However my wife's visa was accepted and mine wasn't. Could you please suggest if there is anything else I can do?

@Aidan in HCMC...
Hi..
My wife and i applied for evisa for Vietnam and put the temporary address as 'Le Beaute de hanoi hotel', which is one of the hotels that we are going to be staying during our trip. However my wife's visa was accepted and mine wasn't. Could you please suggest if there is anything else I can do?
        -@abmish13

Hi abmish13, and welcome to our forum.

Can you tell me what the stated reason for the denial was, please?

@Aidan in HCMC

Here's the reason shared -

Denied Reason: please, specify residencial address in viet nam please review all your entered information to ensure accuracy.

The exact address worked for my wife.

@Aidan in HCMCHere's the reason shared -Denied Reason: please, specify residencial address in viet nam please review all your entered information to ensure accuracy.The exact address worked for my wife.       -@abmish13

Okay, understood.

What is the address of the hotel your wife submitted (or where you intend to be staying)? There appears to be (at least) 4 hotels in Hanoi named "La Beauté De Hanoi Hotel" (note: "La Beauté", not "Le Beauté")

@Aidan in HCMC

Appreciate your prompt responses.

Here's the detailed address.

La Beaute de hanoi hotel

15A Trung Yen Lane - Dinh Liet, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam, Hanoi

Jst fyi - Wife's request was approved by stating - La Beaute de hanoi hotel.

Thanks for support

@Aidan in HCMC

Additionally...I jus recvd another update on my request this time here's the decline reason...

Application status: Amended application

Denied Reason: incorrect full name (as icao line). please review all your entered information to ensure accuracy

Kindly assist

I think it's admirable that Aidan is attempting to assist SO MANY individuals with these same problems, and I do wish everyone well with their individual outcomes.

However, I think it's worth mentioning to the casual reader that these are exactly the types of problems that a trustworthy visa agent will help foreigners avoid on their initial application, without the need for dealing with rejection messages.

I understand that no one wants to pay extra for the assistance of a visa agent, but unless you are exceptionally poverty stricken, the added cost seems well worth the expenditure for ease of application and peace of mind.

Unfortunately, it seems that many people are making the use of an agent the option of last resort (when a crisis situation has developed) instead of choosing an agent as their first option.

ESPECIALLY WORTH NOTING:

Those who wait until the last few days to ask for agent assistance are NOT going to receive a 90 day visa approval, according to my agent contacts.

Instead, the agent will arrange for a Visa On Arrival which is more expensive than an E-visa AND limited to less than 30 days duration.

Whether a foreigner is applying for initial entry into Vietnam OR attempting to get a new visa after being in Vietnam on their previous visa, it's unanimous advice from my contacts that the foreigner needs to apply AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

@Aidan in HCMC
Appreciate your prompt responses.

You're quite welcome

Here's the detailed address.
La Beaute de hanoi hotel
15A Trung Yen Lane - Dinh Liet, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam, Hanoi

you should enter (and possibly you already have)...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * =La Beaute De Hanoi Hotel, 15A Trung Yen Lane, Hoan Kiem District

City/Province * = HAN OI City   (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 024 3935 1626   (optional, but recommended)

Jst fyi - Wife's request was approved by stating - La Beaute de hanoi hotel.

Yes, and you're not the first to observe this. Some of the immigration officers are, as I stated earlier, sticklers for details whilst others are more, shall we say, forgiving. Bothersome and frustrating for co-applicants where one is approved while the other has to jump through hoops, figuratively speaking.

Thanks for support 
    -@abmish13

No problem. Please let us know the results of your application.

@Aidan in HCMC
Additionally...I jus recvd another update on my request this time here's the decline reason...
Application status: Amended application
Denied Reason: incorrect full name (as icao line). please review all your entered information to ensure accuracy

Kindly assist   
    -@abmish13

Hmmm, looks like they may be applying a little "charity" with regards to your temporary VN address, but have now moved on to your name.

You must complete the name as it appears on the bottom of your passport's information page. As you show in your profile as being Indian, your passpost will show...

P<LAST NAME<<FIRST NAME<MIDDLE NAME (if any)

So...

SURNAME* = last/familyname GIVEN NAME * = first and middle name (if one appears on your passport)

(note: as the Vietnamese language does not contain plurals, "GIVEN NAME" should be interpreted as "GIVEN NAME"S"" and must be input as such. enter fully the name which appears on the bottom of your passport info page)