Unsure if eVisa payment failed and unsure I used the correct website

Sorry if this has been answered in other threads, but it seems lots of people are having various issues but not all the same exact issues I am having. First, I am unsure if I used the correct website. I have seen tons of mentions of some new eVisa website in various threads, but I followed the link from the US Embassy in Vietnam website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US … uc-dien-tu . This is not the same website that I see referenced in other threads as the "new" website so I am unsure if my application is even valid.

But my other issue is that upon submitting my payment, I got a notification that the payment failed and I needed to resubmit, but the screen refreshed and I had no option to re-enter payment info. I received an email with my registration number, but no email stating whether my payment was rejected or accepted. I submitted my payment using a US credit card (Visa - Chase Sapphire Reserve). The Chase app shows a pending payment and when I search my eVisa application, it shows "In Process" as the status. I'm concerned because I have read others saying they received a message their payment was successful, and some others received an email confirming payment. I have no idea if my payment went through and don't know what to do. I fly out in 13 days and am afraid if I went too long for an update, I will be too crunched for time to reapply if needed.

@jl1twelve The website I used is the evisa.xuatnhapcanh one

Sorry if this has been answered in other threads, but it seems lots of people are having various issues but not all the same exact issues I am having. First, I am unsure if I used the correct website. I have seen tons of mentions of some new eVisa website in various threads, but I followed the link from the US Embassy in Vietnam website ([link under review]). This is not the same website that I see referenced in other threads as the "new" website so I am unsure if my application is even valid.
But my other issue is that upon submitting my payment, I got a notification that the payment failed and I needed to resubmit, but the screen refreshed and I had no option to re-enter payment info. I received an email with my registration number, but no email stating whether my payment was rejected or accepted. I submitted my payment using a US credit card (Visa - Chase Sapphire Reserve). The Chase app shows a pending payment and when I search my eVisa application, it shows "In Process" as the status. I'm concerned because I have read others saying they received a message their payment was successful, and some others received an email confirming payment. I have no idea if my payment went through and don't know what to do. I fly out in 13 days and am afraid if I went too long for an update, I will be too crunched for time to reapply if needed.

-@jl1twelve

First call your US credit card company's fraud department.

Check to see if they are blocking or suspending your payment to a foreign website.

Good luck!

Sorry if this has been answered in other threads, but it seems lots of people are having various issues but not all the same exact issues I am having. First, I am unsure if I used the correct website. I have seen tons of mentions of some new eVisa website in various threads, but I followed the link from the US Embassy in Vietnam website ([link under review]). This is not the same website that I see referenced in other threads as the "new" website so I am unsure if my application is even valid. But my other issue is that upon submitting my payment, I got a notification that the payment failed and I needed to resubmit, but the screen refreshed and I had no option to re-enter payment info. I received an email with my registration number, but no email stating whether my payment was rejected or accepted. I submitted my payment using a US credit card (Visa - Chase Sapphire Reserve). The Chase app shows a pending payment and when I search my eVisa application, it shows "In Process" as the status. I'm concerned because I have read others saying they received a message their payment was successful, and some others received an email confirming payment. I have no idea if my payment went through and don't know what to do. I fly out in 13 days and am afraid if I went too long for an update, I will be too crunched for time to reapply if needed.         -@jl1twelve

Hi there jl1twelve, and welcome to expat.com.

Good advice from OceanBeach92107 , and I fully agree that this be your first step in determining whether your application fee has been/is being paid.

That you see an "In Process" status tells me that the application has been accepted for review. Reports from members are that any errors and/or omissions in the application will appear under the portal's "Search" function within 2 to 3 days. This would include an instance where payment had not been received.

I have a couple of questions, so when you have time your response would be appreciated.

(due to your being a new member, any links or URLs you submit will require administration's approval before they can be viewed)

Is this (Link) the application portal you used (clicking "FOR FOREIGNERS") ? Good reports from members regarding this portal. (all government of Vietnam webpages will be under a .gov.vn address)

What date was your application submitted?

Thirteen days is sufficient time for you to work out any kinks in your eVisa approval process. No need to stress over this.

Again, welcome aboard expat.com, and hope to hear from you again soon.

@Aidan in HCMC @Aidan in HCMC thanks for the detailed reaponse! I'm currently in Indonesia with a data only SIM and my WiFi calling stopped working a while back so I don't have a way to call my bank at the moment very easily.

Yes, that is the link I used. I felt pretty confident it was correct until I saw so many references to a newer link throughout various posts here. I just submitted the application yesterday and then immediately went into troubleshooting mode when I couldn't figure out if the payment was accepted or not 😅

Aidan in HCMC thanks for the detailed reaponse! I'm currently in Indonesia with a data only SIM and my WiFi calling stopped working a while back so I don't have a way to call my bank at the moment very easily. Yes, that is the link I used. I felt pretty confident it was correct until I saw so many references to a newer link throughout various posts here. I just submitted the application yesterday and then immediately went into troubleshooting mode when I couldn't figure out if the payment was accepted or not 😅        -@jl1twelve

You're very welcome.

If your bank has a toll free number, and you have wifi connection, Skype app will connect you.

Good that you chose that application portal. It is the old/original application portal and it seems to not have suffered the bugs which turned up on the newer application site.

The stated time allotted to VN immigration to make a decision on your application is 3 days. They do not count the day you submit your application as day 1.  Monday 16/10 will be day 1, so you can reasonably expect the results of your application to be posted Thursday 19/10. That said, Friday 20/10 would not be out of the realm of possibility.

Hang in there just a bit more, and keep an eye on your credit card account to confirm that the payment hasn't been rejected by your banking institute (in lieu of your being able to call them)

Do not depend on your receiving an email confirmation of your eVisa being accepted, rather, always check the status through the portal's "Search" function.

Feel free to jump in on any of our ongoing threads, or to open another new topic for discussion should the need arise.

Please don't forget to report back to the forum of receipt of your approved eVisa once it arrives. We'd very much appreciate it.  (you'll be fine)

@Aidan in HCMC will do! I'll give Skype a try to call Chase and see what they say as well

...I'm currently in Indonesia with a data only SIM and my WiFi calling stopped working a while back so I don't have a way to call my bank at the moment very easily. -@jl1twelve

Yikes! So even if your bank is questioning the charge, they've got no way to text you or call you?

So you can't use "Verified by Visa®" or a similar confirmation service, right?

Do you have transaction alerts set up through your app?

What phone number is your banking app linked to?

I know with my US Bank app and my Charles Schwab app, the one type of alert I don't seem to be able to get is any notice when fraud control puts a hold on a charge.

If they totally lock my account I'll get an email, but only then.

I truly do hope this turns out to be a glitch with immigration that's resolved in 3 to 5 days total, but with the new info you are providing--no calling/texting sim, no WiFi calling AND the fact that you are in Indonesia attempting to use a USA credit card for a purchase in a THIRD nation which is internationally untrustworthy Việt Nam (in financial circles)--is not at all encouraging. 

Apologies if it turns out that my theory doesn't apply in your case, but I tend to answer inquiries such as yours with thoughts of casual readers who may come across the thread in the future.

I'm just thinking that Chase may not be thrilled to discover that you are traveling the world with one of their credit cards while failing to maintain a working telephone number.

Sincere Good Luck!

O.B.

@OceanBeach92107 up until a few weeks ago, I had WiFi calling working just fine thanks to porting to US Mobile before leaving the US, but as of recently, it has stopped working. US Mobile tells me WiFI calling was disabled during the iOS 17 update (Apple tells me this is not true). My guess is that is disabled when I switched from their Unlimited free trial to a monthly pas you go plan (which they now confirm could be a case). Either way, I am now screwed as I don't plan to return to the US anytime within the next 10 months at minimum.

But I did get in touch with Chase using Skype and they said the charge shows as pending on their end and they have not blocked anything. My guess is that this is just a glitch on the website and hopefully everything ends up going through. Will update next week.

Update: The charge moved from pending to posted in the Chase app yesterday (10/17). I received an email from Vietcombank Payment earlier today with my "payment received" confirmation and then later in the day, my application status was updated to approved. I had no issues printing the letter as some have indicated, so perhaps it's best to use this older version of the website instead of the updated application website.

Lesson: If you use the older website (the evisa.xuatnhapcanh one), ignore the payment failed message IF your application status shows "in process" AND you have a pending charge with your bank/credit card. Be patient and wait the normal 3-4 business days and you should be fine. Give yourself enough time before entering the country to ensure you can wait out these few days without having to stress too much just in case there really is an issue with your payment.