Sketchy website - is this visa legit?

Hello

First I want to apologize for being one of those confused people who still need help with their Vietnam visa.

Unfortunately I used the wrong website for my travel visa. I thought it was the official one, but it is not:

I still got the visas for me and one other person who is travelling with me. But now I have some questions:

1. Is this visa real? Do Vietnam Visas usually look like this:

Rp2wq06.jpg

2. Is this an e-visa or a VOA? What is the process going to be at the point of entry? (The website stated they give us a VOA, but after that I read that all countries get e-visas since August this year)

3. Do we need to bring any other documents or maybe a passport sized photo?

4. As you can see, I do not have an adress on there, is that a problem?

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Again, sorry for being a doofus and asking for help here, instead of simply going to the correct website for requesting visa in the first place.

HelloFirst I want to apologize for being one of those confused people who still need help with their Vietnam visa.

Hello Schnabelbier. Welcome to expat.com. Absolutely no need to apologize, as you certainly are not alone in this situation.

Unfortunately I used the wrong website for my travel visa. I thought it was the official one, but it is not:https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/apply-online/

Though that site you used is not the official VN gov't eVisa application portal(Link to gov't portal), there are many legitimate travel agencies offering, for a service fee, to simplify the application process for visitors to Vietnam.

I still got the visas for me and one other person who is travelling with me. But now I have some questions:1. Is this visa real? Do Vietnam Visas usually look like this:[link under review]

As a new member of the forum, any links you submit will require administration's approval prior to being viewable.

Click on my picture/avatar, and send me the link's address and I can take a look, off forum.

2. Is this an e-visa or a VOA? What is the process going to be at the point of entry? (The website stated they give us a VOA, but after that I read that all countries get e-visas since August this year)

There are no, at this time, VOA entry options for people travelling to VN as a tourist. Not yet seeing your link I'll assume that, if legitimate, it is indeed an eVisa.

3. Do we need to bring any other documents or maybe a passport sized photo?

With an eVisa, the only other document required is your passport, with a minimum of 6 months validity beyond the final date of your eVisa and with a minimum of two blank pages therein.

4. As you can see, I do not have an adress on there, is that a problem?

An address on a tourist eVisa will not show. This is normal.

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Again, sorry for being a doofus and asking for help here, instead of simply going to the correct website for requesting visa in the first place.      -@Schnabelbier

We'll certainly try our best to help you, and to alleviate any stress/concerns you might have. Lots of friendly folk here at expat.com. Again, you're not alone in being confused.

Once again, welcome aboard. I look forward to receiving the url showing your eVisa.

@Schnabelbier

Your eVisa link has been approved.

Yes, looks as it should. 31 Days, beginning Nov 3rd, ending Dec 4th/2023, single entry.

Congratulations! I hope you and your friend have a wonderful time in Vietnam.

(I am surprised that it is valid for 31 days. Is that what you had requested? Currently, 90 days, single entry is $25USD through the gov't portal)

Thank you so much for your help! We were very glad to hear that our visas are (probably) real.

About the 31 days and the price.. This is why the website we used is scammy. They did not update their information, so we did not know that vietnamese e-visas are eligible for the whole world. We ordered 30 day VOAs, and this is what we got. Also, they said we still need that Covid-19 travel insurance thing, so we paid for that too, through the website. All in all we paid 129 $ per person... yikes. I am usually not someone to fall for that kind of stuff, but this time they got me.

Thank you so much for your help! We were very glad to hear that our visas are (probably) real.
About the 31 days and the price.. This is why the website we used is scammy. They did not update their information, so we did not know that vietnamese e-visas are eligible for the whole world. We ordered 30 day VOAs, and this is what we got. Also, they said we still need that Covid-19 travel insurance thing, so we paid for that too, through the website. All in all we paid 129 $ per person... yikes. I am usually not someone to fall for that kind of stuff, but this time they got me.

-@Schnabelbier

we've actually had people arguing for that website to be used in place of the official government website, basically claiming that there's no difference.

so they can certainly get you official documents but they will also attempt to overcharge you if possible and I personally just hate the fact that they try to imply with their website that they are an official government website.

it's only when you scroll all the way down to the very bottom of their initial page that they state that they are not a government website, in order to maintain legality

Top of their page (note .govt not .gov)

screenshot_20231030_173857_chrome.jpg

Bottom of their page:

screenshot_20231030_173940_chrome.jpg

You're quite welcome, of course. I have little doubt that the eVisas issued to you both are legitimate.

About the 31 days and the price.. This is why the website we used is scammy. They did not update their information, so we did not know that vietnamese e-visas are eligible for the whole world. We ordered 30 day VOAs, and this is what we got.

Oh well, not a total loss (and perhaps it can be viewed as a sort of cheap lesson learned?).

Had you known about the 90 day eVisa, would you have been able to take advantage of it and stay here longer? Once you've arrived, you could always apply through the gov't eVisa application portal for another 90 days. If that's the case, let us know if you need help submitting it, or whether you might need advice on doing a (mandatory) border run.

Also, they said we still need that Covid-19 travel insurance thing, so we paid for that too, through the website. All in all we paid 129 $ per person... yikes. I am usually not someone to fall for that kind of stuff, but this time they got me.
        -@Schnabelbier

That's rough, and I'm sorry to hear it. $208USD over the actual $50USD total price for you both.

There are absolutely no "Covid" restrictions and/or obligations in place currently in VN (i.e. no insurance required, nor masks, vaccination status, contact apps etc). See here for a recent thread and link to a local news article.

A couple of more little sleeps and you'll both be here :)

I hope you both very much enjoy your time.

Top of their page (note .govt not .gov)
@OceanBeach92107

Absolutely! All members of expat.com, as well as casual readers of the forum;

Beware of agents claiming to be "official immigration centres" or some-such tripe.

All gov't of VN websites will have the suffix .gov.vn     (DOTgovDOTvn)

Thank you all very much for your help! 30 days will be fine for us at this point, but I appreciate the offer for further help :)

What is the official government website for evisas currently? I know it change a few months back but i dont know which one to suggest to a friend coming over

What is the official government website for evisas currently? I know it change a few months back but i dont know which one to suggest to a friend coming over
      -@Aisling Murphy

In post #2, above, see "...the official VN gov't eVisa application portal".

It links to https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g … g-chu-ttdt

Did this work out for you in the end?  Seems I've been scammed with the same nonsense.  I'm not particularly worried about the extra money I spent, more worried that I get to the counter to check in and they deny me boarding!