Hi

Hi friends

Please any one can tell me ,what is the procedure to get a driving license in Kuwait ? heard there are so many wasta people around ,,,,,but im not interested in obtaining a license without giving any trials or passing the learners license test,but i dont know which license office i have to go and submit.

My residence is in salmiya,and i dont know the exact moroor and what all papers needed for the intial procedure,please anyone who is working in moroor ,please provide me with more information,so that will be nice

and i wish you all people a happy ramadan month ,,,,,waiting for your valuable reply

with prayers

jijo

hello sevenbells and welcome to Expat.com

ok, what do u do for a living? coz theres a supposed restriction on drivers licenses to people, the minimum requirement is a salary of above 400KD unless you are of a certain profession omitted from this rule; doctors, engineers, lawyers, accountants, pharmacists etc.

you submit your papers etc to get the drivers ed card in Jabriya, right next to Champions gym.

being a salmiya resident, you will take the test at the muroor in south surra, which is on the sixth ring road, next to the equestrian club.

it is prefered to take a lesson or two in a Nissan Sunny drivers ed car, pick up any number off any car u see, or look through the advertisement papers for their numbers. they charge about 5KD per lesson, and they pick u up at your house and drop you off there. theres a training ground in mishref, altho it would be better to ask the driver to take u to the training ground on the sixth ring road, its open on fridays and there are no people inside. so u can go and simulate ur exam there.

if ur confident, and can drive well, do not worry about wasta. i know people without wasta who passed on the first try, and those with wasta who tried 5 times before getting it. its not about the vitamin W.

best of luck :)