Cycling in Kuwait

Hello all,

Do people cycle in Kuwait? I imagine when it's very hot they don't, but maybe in winter it is ok? Are there cycling tracks?

Many thanks!

@atinselry i guess sea side is ok early morning starting from scientific centre

@atinselry Jaber bridge is open for cyclist on friday morning from 7am to 10am .
You can also check out the seaside cycling track from to Marina mall to scientific center in Salmiya.
sea side is best, you can start from the Kuwait city and ride all along the paved part of the beach to Salmiya, its windy some times and good view of the city. one can spend a lot of time cycling there.
Sea side salmiya
I went there many times
there are several groups that organize cycling rides in kuwait - there is no track per se, except maybe at Ahmadi near the playing areas. i guess the first question should be, road or mountain?

@atinselry mishref ‘oasis park' ks great for cycling. It has cycling track. I go there every week. Let me know if you wanna join.

@atinselry may be in winter as you said, i haven't seen too,i do like to see that too.

@legacy road for sure.

@atinselry for road, best bet would be joining the groups that go 70KM and above, there are plenty - they usually have a road assist vehicle with them, sometimes not. as some people mentioned, there is a habit to close down the longest bridge over water in Kuwait - Jaber bridge, on friday mornings, its about 30KM one way, so up and down makes 60 - however this is pulled at a moments notice.

Again, I cannot stress enough the need for going in groups, there have been several serious accidents on the road here, most recently being Omar Al Failakawi, a seasoned runner and podium finishing athlete, as well as several others including Johnny Costa (sports photographer) and many others, some unfortunately proved fatal. One is still undergoing physiotherapy years later (in South Korea). Some drivers, not all, simply do not have the sense of sharing the road.

For someone who road bikes, mishref and other tracks will simply not do. Those are 5KM routes at best, with many pedestrians as it is primarily a running track, and several breaks where cars are crossing. It'd be akin to a hamster wheel.

There is a current shift in mentality where more people are talking about designing special bike lanes or parks similar to dubai, so who knows, by the time you get here maybe things will change.

Or maybe you'll need to join a gym and go for spinning class.

As Elsa said, Into the unknown!
On the sea side there is a huge walking path which is spacious and loot of room, also it gives a great refreshing wind in the evenings after work and some times you will get to see the patrolling police as well on the bicycles which is an added security. also the government invested in it in the 1990s. which was great as it was bringing up the moral of the country towards betterment and they were successful in doing so. many people choose those places as picnic spots and there they spend the weekend with their families. I remember there used to be a paid park in front of the beach and next to the aqua park.
Thanks everyone, these comment are great!
Moving to Kuwait next week, really excited.
Woe is me, the signal of the end, teachers coming back in... means traffic is right around the corner :"(

@atinselry .. i notice its been a while since your post.

I am super new here.. and struggling to find groups interested in outdoor stuff.. tired meetup and few other

are you a part of any group. would love to join. thx much