What is the advantages and disadvantages of migrations and expat ?

please complete the blank
advantages is
1-
2-
3-
disadv is
1-
2-
3-

Hello Mostafa samy!

I hope that you will soon get response to your query.

Good luck,
Harmonie.:)

Thanks harmonie i would be very glad if i know your opinion in mirgration :)

Hi!

I've not gone through a migration yet, so, it will be difficult for me to participate.;)

Harmonie.:)

Ok thanks a lot

please complete the blank
advantages is
1- To see a different way of life
2- to meet new people
3- To build on your life experience..
4- In lots of ways a better quaality of life
5- Free medical care
6- Better paid jobs

disadv is
1- having to adjust to a new way of life and a different culture
2- language barriers
3- missing family and friends
4- not being able to go back as often as you would like due to cost
5- not being able to buy the same foods as you are used to eating in Egypt
6- Not being surrounded by Islam like you are in Egypt, hearing the athan and having a mosque very close by.

My husband is Egyptian and he came to the UK over 3 years ago and he cannot settle at all.

I am English and he came here after we married, he has tried very hard to settle here but he misses his family and friends too much.

He longs to go back to Egypt and we are currently working on going back to Egypt to live but its very hard to get enough money together to start a new life there.

I love Egypt too but I realise I have only spent short holidays there and living there will be very different

Insha Allah we will make it soon and I pray that we will be able to both be happy in Egypt.

mydream wrote:

My husband is Egyptian and he came to the UK over 3 years ago and he cannot settle at all.

I am English and he came here after we married, he has tried very hard to settle here but he misses his family and friends too much.

He longs to go back to Egypt and we are currently working on going back to Egypt to live but its very hard to get enough money together to start a new life there.

I love Egypt too but I realise I have only spent short holidays there and living there will be very different

Insha Allah we will make it soon and I pray that we will be able to both be happy in Egypt.

Asalam aleikum mydream,

i appreciated reading your post as my husband is also egyptian and i have expressed my fear he will be unhappy in toronto. life in north america is very different to egypt especially to an upper egyptian. family to them is everything so to be a proud, honourable man and find yourself in a culture where your name means nothing, and no one cares what family you come from...well, its not easy for a man. i honestly think it would be better for me to relocate and adapt than for him. this is why i'm looking into moving to doha,qatar. God willing, i will use connections through my work and find a job there. i wish you much luck on your journey and if you want to contact me privately i'd enjoy staying in touch. PM me and i'll send you my private email address.

be well,

k

thanks for your posts Mrs mydream and Mrs Katyusha ... i want to say something please mrs mydream please think a lot about coming to egypt you live in UK :cool: and it`s amazing i know many muslims scholars lives there and they are settle and very happy after 25 jan egypt become so bad ( i don`t mention that the revolution wasn`t succeeded i mean egypt is now in rehab so it will take about 3-5 years to return back but will return very good and easy to live in it )
on the other hand i wanna say something about foreign countries you are really so opened countries and we are so conservative like water and fire so it`s not easy for us to adapt quickly and also the clement may be so hard for us
i have a question for you both coz you live in UK and canada please tell me about how people deal with islam and muslim people ?? they thought them terrorist or stupids ?

Mostafa samy wrote:

thanks for your posts Mrs mydream and Mrs Katyusha ... i want to say something please mrs mydream please think a lot about coming to egypt you live in UK :cool: and it`s amazing i know many muslims scholars lives there and they are settle and very happy after 25 jan egypt become so bad ( i don`t mention that the revolution wasn`t succeeded i mean egypt is now in rehab so it will take about 3-5 years to return back but will return very good and easy to live in it )
on the other hand i wanna say something about foreign countries you are really so opened countries and we are so conservative like water and fire so it`s not easy for us to adapt quickly and also the clement may be so hard for us
i have a question for you both coz you live in UK and canada please tell me about how people deal with islam and muslim people ?? they thought them terrorist or stupids ?

hey mostafa,

i can't speak for the whole of canada but toronto is very very multicultural. 49% of our citizens were not born in canada; we have everyone here: all races, religions, social and economic backgrounds. there aren't issues between races here and people of different faiths live peacefully amongst each other. every company you work for, or school you attend etc has about one of everybody :) that's why i love toronto. different faiths and houses of worship; different neighbourhoods and shops; and we have different tv stations for each group as well. so for me, i think muslims are part of our city no differnt than christians or hindus or budhists etc. people wear traditional gallebayas, hijabs, but the only two things that do make people uncomfortable is the full burka or niqab. just not a part of the mainstream ideology over here :) oh and another thing we don't have is the call to prayer isn't broadcast here outside the mosque.

hahaha...after i wrote the above i looked on line for "niqab toronto" and found this photo on flikr of a lady on the subway wearing one http://static.flickr.com/3475/456064258 … 4f69_z.jpg

cheers,

k

ooooooooooooh it`s  very cool you know when a muslim person travel abroad he would be a very conservative Muslim and don`t care about anybody and be very extremist OR totally change and become pervert and release Islam he can`t be noraml

Assalam Alaikum Mostafa,

In the UK Muslims are treated very well on the whole but I really miss the closeness of the muslim people in Egypt. In Egypt I always feel closer to Islam than I do in the UK. I miss hearing the Athan here and being surrounded by the Masjids like you are in Egypt.

My husband has made many friends since he came to the UK and he has been totally accepted by everyone he has met so far, he has had no problem with anyone here so I dont think people think muslims are terrorists or stupid (at least not normal people..............the crazy ones may think that but, after all they are crazy :lol:)

Having said all that I dont think my husband will ever settle here , he has been here over three years now and misses Egypt so very much. SoI guess we will for sure be coming back to egypt in the future.I really hope that the people of Egypt accept me :D and I can make many friends soon. I do know that Egyptian people are the nicest people in the world so I really hope I can settle there and be happy Insha Allah. Any advice on how to make friends and settle in would be very very welcome indeed :D.

yeah i will live in norway or canada still waiting for a job there but you know i'm so afraid of european people don`t accept me so please tell me any advice to how to deal with them thanks a lot :)