Expats gathering, meeting new firends -----NOT dating

Hi Guys,
My name is Dara and I'm Chinese. I just move to Cairo one month ago for work. Currently living in Nasr city. Thinking about to meet more people here also living in Cairo, for a coffee, a Chat, or some attend some activities together. Also interested in language exchanging, Art, music, culture difference.

Let me know if you are interested.

This is just for meeting new people and for friendship, this is not a dating website, so don't get me wrong.  :)))

Dara

BR
DD

Great, Thx!  let's see if there's others, better organize a group gathering. :)

Hi there
I joined this forum to have friends from around our world.
I'm an engineer, 35 years old located in Sheraton.
Please let me know about this gathering event to join.\

Cheers...

Dear Dara,
I'd like to welcome you to Egypt, Where you'll find lovely people who're ready for reaching your satisfaction of happiness and peace, I'd like to join you whenever you host an event, and we're pleased that we've satisfied people from different countries here in our (we and you) HOME.
BR
Mosallam

Hi Dara,
would be great if we could have a cup of coffee and chat together, as am a traveler and multilingual person, lived with different cultures
if you are interested I am here in Cairo only today,
you could contact me on ***
sincerely,
Zidane

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I'm interested. :) I live in Nasr city too. We could be neighbors! haha.
I'd love it if we meet in groups, chat, & help one another.
Welcome to Egypt.

Hey Dara,

I'm Peter in Alexandria.  Perhaps as an idea, check out the site Internations.  It's sort of worldwide, but with many local chapters.  We have one here in Alexandria, with monthly meetings.  I went to my 1st meeting on Saturday, probably 20-25 people showed up to a local coffee house.  Mix was about 70/30 men to women, maybe 60/40 Egyptian to expat.  Definitely not a dating meeting.  I met some nice people and exchanged phone numbers, etc.  FYI - I'm not an employee of Internations! 

To speak frankly, I find this expat site (the one that we're on now) to be sort of a dud.  Few, if any people offer real practical help or information.  I posted 4 questions 1 month ago - zero responses.  I find people are happy to post their opinions about something (aka: don't stay in Cairo, Sharm is better!)  rather than provide solid, clear, factual and helpful information.  Maybe that's an Egyptian thing.

At any rate, good luck,
Peter

Peter-in-Alex wrote:

Hey Dara,

I'm Peter in Alexandria.  Perhaps as an idea, check out the site Internations.  It's sort of worldwide, but with many local chapters.  We have one here in Alexandria, with monthly meetings.  I went to my 1st meeting on Saturday, probably 20-25 people showed up to a local coffee house.  Mix was about 70/30 men to women, maybe 60/40 Egyptian to expat.  Definitely not a dating meeting.  I met some nice people and exchanged phone numbers, etc.  FYI - I'm not an employee of Internations! 

To speak frankly, I find this expat site (the one that we're on now) to be sort of a dud.  Few, if any people offer real practical help or information.  I posted 4 questions 1 month ago - zero responses.  I find people are happy to post their opinions about something (aka: don't stay in Cairo, Sharm is better!)  rather than provide solid, clear, factual and helpful information.  Maybe that's an Egyptian thing.

At any rate, good luck,
Peter

I'm so sorry, Alex, that you got this impression. I hope I can improve your impression as much as I can.
I understand where you're coming from but the thing is that it is not easy/common to find a local (Egyptian) who knows English well enough to give support.
The language barrier is a huge one and only a few have jumped over it! haha
It's not an Egyptian thing I swear! haha. :D On the contrary! We're known to be very helpful! :D
Personally, I live in Cairo and I'm not an expert when it comes to information about Alexandria. But I'll help with any way I can. I have friends (from Alex) I can ask.
Could you please send me the links of the topics to see if I can help with anything. :)

Thanks, Hussein.  I believe your offer is sincere.  I don't wish to "hijack" this thread more than I already have.  If you have a moment, you could look for my recent message on Things to Do in Alexandria -- where I give a detailed description of what I'm looking for.  Thanks again, Peter

Peto i tried to join inter nations but i keep getting my request denied any idea why is that ?

Omar,
Frankly, no idea.  I was invited to join by a friend, who sent me a link.  The person who runs the Alexandria chapter is Hazem.  Full name and title, below.  I don't have his e-mail, but you might try to DM him on Internations website.
Good luck,
Peter
=======
Hazem Mohammed
InterNations Alexandria Ambassador

Me too i had tried to join inernarions and my request had been turned down several times i think there is specific spots they lk into before one is accepted however........ Its my hope to know what they really require for one to be accepted

Hi Dara im 25 year old female from Sudan also new to cairo its been like three months , n i find it very hard to make friends here too , we could hang out n do some girly stuff i miss that 😭😭😭😭😭
Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Hi Dara, I'm working around Nasr city, we may meet once and have some coffee at morning ;) or even @ evening.
I do agree with XoXoRiRi, we can make it as girly outing ;)