Expats in El Rehab Ciry, Cairo

Hello, my name is Mimi and I just moved to El Rehab City 7 weeks ago. I'm originally from NYC (born and raised in the big apple) and I'm looking to make new friends in the area. I was wondering if anyone knew of any expat groups in el rehab. if you do, please share the info. I'd be very happy to start making friends.

If there aren't any then I'd love to get one started :)

Hi Mimi Welcome to Egypt
I am from Denmark but have lived for the last 5 years in Aberdeen, Scotland.
I live in Katameya but it will not be a big problem to come to El Rehab - or it could be great with the company for exploring the city (not the night life)
Hi
Githa

Helo,

excellent initiative meems74  thanks for this,

I am the newest in Cairo lol, today I celebrate one month :cool:

I am still in the fairmont hotel but I am looking for a rent in rehab, if you can help me on this to chose an expat area that will be great, & it will be a good occasion to meet the expats there

all the best.

Good shout meems74,

I'm not too far from rehab & new in the country with an open mind. Interested in discovering more. Will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks 
Colin

Hello ,everyone.Nice to meet all of you here in Egypt :)

A friend of mine recommended TIVOLI in New cairo. I'm not sure where that is but is anyone familiar with it?

and Eagle in Egypt, I see that you're in Madinity. I haven't been there yet and I'm too eager to venture into that part of the neighborhood...lol. too curious to see what's behind that arch..lol. is there anything in there you would recommend? i say we shoot for something within the next week or so. what days are best for everyone?

and GithaU, are you interested in an outing?

Hi meems74 or should I say Howdy?

In Madinaty there are two cafe/ coffee places and one that's more of a restaurant. There fairly quiet, one gets busy, as the area is still developing. I enquired at the sports centre, there is a Gym & Tennis with a 25 mtr pool due to open July. I'm looking to explore more too

Could all get lost together :)

sounds like a plan, Stan. let me check my schedule and I have a neighbor who is technically an expat and would like to join. let's see if any other "Rehabian" expats would like to add their input. so the cafe in madinity sounds nice as I've never seen it and we can take it from there. how is the June 22nd or 23rd for you?

I was checking this site and found this place. what do you think?

Liquid-Heliopolis

22nd or 23rd are good iwth me reems, will keep my eye's on the thread and get in touch nearer the time. Heliopolis sounds good. Let's see if we can get any others to join us.

great, I'll keep you posted. I think there are a few british expats here in rehab, I'll see if I can get in touch with them or just send the word out. the more the merrier!

Eagle in Egypt wrote:

Good shout meems74,

I'm not too far from rehab & new in the country with an open mind. Interested in discovering more. Will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks 
Colin

Btw it's Madinaty not Madinity :) Cheers ....

oop's & thank you ! :)

Eagle in Egypt wrote:

oop's & thank you ! :)

You are welcome. I am a proud owner in Madinaty (and a wannabe-landlord now that I am out of Egypt and looking for a tenant) and the founder of Madinaty Residents Union (also known as The Coalition) which is a lobby group to push the property developer to finish what they are late in delivering .....

Which group do you stay in? I assume G13 where everyone is at the moment.

Enjoy. I miss it very much since I left two months ago :(

Btw, you still have to correct it in your profile "From" field and description :D:D:D

Let me know if you need any help with the City Council, services .... I know The City Hall president personally and I still have my contacts.

Last but not least, I urge you to join the Madinaty Anglophones Facebook Group. It's a group of both Expats and Egyptians where chats about the city is strictly English.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/madinatyanglophones/

Thank's again very useful. G 14 here.
Where have you moved to?

Eagle in Egypt wrote:

Thank's again very useful. G 14 here.
Where have you moved to?

Khartoum, Sudan

Re: Expats in El Rehab Ciry, Cairo
A friend of mine recommended TIVOLI in New cairo. I'm not sure where that is but is anyone familiar with it?

Hay reems I'm being taken to lunch here by my boss with a visitor, will feeedback
Hope to get together soon

Hi,
welcome to Cairo. My name is Elena and I'm from Russia. I moved to Cairo 8 months ago and live in Rehab, i would recommend this area, it's very safe,nice and green. So if you need anything you are more than welcome.

SSSpeedy wrote:

Mimi, I'm in El Rehab also. And same things for me I would like to make new friends. Keep in touch if possible :)

I see that you mentioned that you're close to Mall 2. I'm in group 93 which is also very close to the mall. I say we start our own group in Rehab..would anyone like that?

meems74 wrote:
SSSpeedy wrote:

Mimi, I'm in El Rehab also. And same things for me I would like to make new friends. Keep in touch if possible :)

I see that you mentioned that you're close to Mall 2. I'm in group 93 which is also very close to the mall. I say we start our own group in Rehab..would anyone like that?

I believe you mean 39 not 93

no, I mean 93 as I hope that I would know which group I'm in..:) I'm closer to the club than the mall but still of walking distance to the mall. Well for an American it's walking distance for an egyptian it's on the other side of the city..lol

meems74 wrote:

no, I mean 93 as I hope that I would know which group I'm in..:) I'm closer to the club than the mall but still of walking distance to the mall. Well for an American it's walking distance for an egyptian it's on the other side of the city..lol

As far as I know there is no 9th phase of Rehab (at least not near the club and/or the mall). The place there is the third phase (30 something group) and near the food court it's the 2nd phase (20 something group). I have never heard of 90 something group. But anyways, you know better of course

@ The Egyptian
I am in 94 so yes it existe :) its the new rehab

@meems74
All ok for rehab group, if I can help on the organisation please let me know.

all the best

The Egyptian wrote:
meems74 wrote:

As far as I know there is no 9th phase of Rehab (at least not near the club and/or the mall). The place there is the third phase (30 something group) and near the food court it's the 2nd phase (20 something group). I have never heard of 90 something group. But anyways, you know better of course

there's also a 10th phase and Rehab 2 that's already built. the groups are already into the 130's...you need to come in more often. I'm the 4th phase and Amarka is in the 5th phase..

amarka wrote:

@ The Egyptian
I am in 94 so yes it existe :) its the new rehab

@meems74
All ok for rehab group, if I can help on the organisation please let me know.

all the best

I'm going to start a new thread called "Rehab Group Meetings". I'll post ideas on there and we'll see how it goes. I'm open for suggestions as well.

Lot of expatriates in Rehab. You are from which country? I am staying in Rehab City near gate #17. Maybe I will be able to find somebody from your country itself.

yes, Rehab has many expats in it. welcome and I'm near gate 17 as well.

Hello how are you?
i hope you enjoy your time here in Egypt
i live near Rehab and have many expat friends if you are intersted to join us just tell me
you are welcome again :)

we have a meeting setup for June 22nd at La Poire in the NAdi/Club at 7:00 pm.

Hi,
I am Egyptian, married, lives in Rehab, My daughter is 5.5 Yrs old. she doesn't speak much of an Arabic. I am trying to help her making new friends. she is in the AIS, she loves dogs. she has her Italian Mastiff (Totti) whom we all love.

Alfy

welcome Alfy.  I don't know which group you live in but aren't there any children in your group her age?

group 5, mostly speaks Arabic. there is a language barrier between her and other kids. Oter Expats' Kids are much elder than her age.

Hi All,

I was quietly following this post and started to find more interest in it.  Would you plan for a gathering in Rehab also?

My wife would be definitely happy if we can arrange something.

TurkeyForever wrote:

Hi All,

I was quietly following this post and started to find more interest in it.  Would you plan for a gathering in Rehab also?

Seref ! Hi .... when did you get married ;) ????

The Egyptian wrote:
TurkeyForever wrote:

Hi All,

Hi,

We've decided few month ago :-) accurate date is 26th April not to mention happyly married
:-)

TurkeyForever wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:
TurkeyForever wrote:

Hi All,

Hi,

We've decided few month ago :-) accurate date is 26th April not to mention happyly married

welcome to the club :)

The Egyptian wrote:
TurkeyForever wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:

Hi,

welcome to the club :)

Hahahaha,  thank you bro,  I've really missed being married lol

TurkeyForever wrote:

Hi All,

why don't you both come to our very FIRST meeting this friday at La Poire in the Rehab Club/Nadi? 7:00 pm..see you there.

Soliter wrote:

Hi MIMI
I am a resident of Rehab since 6 years. I am Polish, living in Egypt for quiet a few years!  You are always welcome at any time if you wish to know anything or meet. Also on Facebook you can find  page called expats in  Rehab, I am member there too.

Hope to hear from you

Anita

Sounds great. I'll check it out. Can you come on Friday?

Oh, I was just advised there is a fee to enter the Club if you're not a member. If this is an issue for anyone then we can move the location to Escolino's Coffee shop in the Souk, right across the street from the banking sector.