Getting House Help...

its been frustrating to say the least in getting suitable, decent and efficent house help..

we are a young british family and have now been in kuwait for close to 4 months and are still coming to terms with the walk in walk out nature of house helps..

would really appreciate if we could get some general direction in how to approach recruitng/interviewing suitable house helps!

i have been told that there are agencies here in kuwait that can help with recruitment, and i also tried calling a couple with no luck! i seem to be the only one that cannot speak arabic!! LOL!!

please help!

learn arabic maybe? or have a translator present?

there are offices you can visit to inquire about hired help; depending on whether or not you want them on a permanent or semi-permanent basis.

why not go into exactly what it is u are looking for; nanny, cook, maid etc. how long u want them for as well, and someone who hires help can give better advice than i.

:)

thanks legacy.. yep arabic lessons are ongoing.. dont think I will ever be able to converse fluently but atleast can ask for a cup of coffee and say thank you.

have also posted an add on this website to see it it helps!! Fingers crossed...

i'll keep my eyes peeled for any ads in the local papers of maids looking for work etc and keep you posted (they're in arabic, the mutlicolored papers that are distributed to shops etc, sometimes they are in English)

best of luck :)

Just go to the Philipine Embassy and talk to people. There are a lot of people there looking for work who speak english. If the language barrier is your chief concern, perhaps you should consider only looking to hire Philippinos as they learn English in school there and most are quite desent. Just a though, not from experiance though.