Vaccinations to come to Mauritius

My family and I are relocating to Mauritius in December. I am under the assumption that my husband and I both need to be vaccinated with the covid vaccine. I have 2 sons who will be 15 and 12 when we move there. Do they need to have the vaccine too?
Thankyou.

Hi Lapierre82,

So far no obligation for minors to be vaccinated. The following input might be useful to you :

Sociarta wrote:

For anyone interested- I got a reply from the Tourist board.

Children travelling with a vaccinated parent can pass through immigration unhindered.

Children travelling with an unvaccinated parent must quarantine with that parent

Children travelling with an unvaccinated parent cannot be collected from the airport by a guardian.

Children travelling alone must quarantine ( special authorisation require from Health Ministry)

Children can however travel with a vaccinated guardian and pass through unhindered.

In all of these instances there is no requirement for children under 18 to be vaccinated, yet requirement to quarantine and associated expense is linked to their parents vaccination status.

If you want to have a look at the entire thread : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=944093

Regards,
Anou

Hello. Are you moving on a visa permit?
Yes your husband will have to have the injection.  I am moving to Mauritius in September