Orthodontist in Mauritius

Hi!!! Does anybody know a good orthodontist in Mauritius? More preferably in the north or not too far from the north. I have to take my son /7 years old/ to such doctor. Unfortunately orthodontists differ from dentists, so those two are not  "interchangeable" as in some contries. I tried to search in the Internet but that's a bit of a problem... Thank you very much beforehand for your info.

Hello Olga,

I suggest Jean-Loup d'Hotman - Forest Side - Curepipe 675 7688.
He was recommended to me by our own orthodontist in France.
Maybe there's another one in the north, I don't know.

There is a very good Dental Clinic in Labourdonnais Domain at Mapou which you might check out: DentCare. They also are on Skype: dentcaremauritius.

I would certainly not recommend JL D'Hotman, he may have been good at one stage but his practice is severely lacking. The treatments are rushed and done haphazardly. He often sees multiple patients at once in the same room, I for one don't like people walking in and chatting away while my mouth is stretched open. Also, he doesn't wear a mask while he's working away in the patient's mouth. He should know better, especially as he works with so many kids. His assistants are poorly trained in handling clients, one is particularly obnoxious and talks about him while he isn't in the room. I certainly won't be referring anyone here.

I know a very good one who took care of my daughter's teeth.His name is Dr Ashvin Toofanny ,41 Avenue des Palmiers,Quatre-Bornes-The phone number is 454 3399 or 4543401

I am also looking for a good orthodentist in Mauritius. Any other good reviews?

My Orthodontist used to come to Mauritius once a month from Reunion Island. I do not have her contact details anymore, but she is Dr Jocelyne Ong Sen Kwai Pun.

Hi Olga,

I don't know of an Orthodontist in Mauritius.  I notice people on the blog that know one seem to live in the South.  You could try phoning my Dentist Dr. Emery on +230 2635151.  His Receptionist is a most helpful girl named Christine.  They will probably be able to recommend someone closer to where you live.

All the best.

Steph.

Am myself  a dentist but not orthodontist. I would  suggest you to to contact  Dr. Osman,his  private  practice  situated in curepipe and contact no: 674 4636.

Dear Members,

Do not hesitate to recommend these persons into the Mauritius Business Diretory instead

Thank you for your understanding

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Ok thanks for the reminder ,sorry  for inconveniency ucaused.won't  happen  again.

Hii!! Can i know how much do braces cost??

@Darship.

You have posted on an old (2013) inactive thread. I suggest you open a new thread.

Greetings to you all
I am looking for some advice with a dentist i've been suddenly having a gap in front teeth it not that big but it is very remarkable
I am unable to visit the dentist because of the lockdown
What can be done to fix the small gap ?
Thank you.