Moving To Cairo

Hello Everyone,

I am a single female moving to Cairo for a job. I was hoping some of you could give me tips. Are there any things I should buy in the States to bring with me? Are there any things I should be aware of? Any neighborhoods I should look into moving to? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
  Elle

Hello elle
wish u safe flight and pleasant accommodation
as per my experience dealing with expats here in cairo I wld recommend u to consider Zamalek or Maadi for being the most favorable place to live in plus u can find many many expats from usa ill make u feel not away from home
regarding stuff to bring with while moving I wld suggest to bring some vitamins for your personal use and any other meds u r using for sure
rest of stuff u ill find 'em here in very good prices
wish u best of luck

Hello Elle,

1. You do not need to bring anything from the States (As they have everything here), nerveless if electronic it want work here, States use 110, here use 220...
2. They have everything you could need or think off (and its cheaper than the States)
3. Regarding neighborhoods it depend where you will work, for example if you will work in Garden City then you have cou3ple areas close, if you will in 5th settlement then you will need to live in either settlement from 1 to 5, and so for... I as an American work in Sheraton and live in Sheraton ( even if I have a car and I had couple areas to choice from Nuzha to Nas1er City)... Price wise was so close so I choice to live close to my work... So if you tell me the work area I will te4ll you which neighborhoods to stay away from and which to live in.

Dr. Al