Going out for a beer?

Hello cairo,

shortly I would like to introduce myself.
I am German and new in the forum but already living for a while in egypt (first in wonderful alex, now in grey cairo :D ) Nice to meet you all...

Till now I found it quit hard to find people who speak 'my language' and I would love to go out a little bit more.
So herewith I would like to ask you all to meet for a little drink... what about the bar on top of the odion hotel?
Not to get this wrong... I am only in search of people to hang around with... I am in a amazing relation and not in search for any kind of that... Therefore, I would rather prefer to meet a group of people not to end up in an 'unpredicted candle-light dinner'. I would love to meet some expat girls and boys, regardless their age, to hang around with. 
Just give me a feedback if interested, so that we can fix a date?!
Looking forward to it.
BR

why not this friday??

Welcome on Expat.com BATni ;)

Brilliant idea, to socialize & build up contacts. As soon as a date & location is fixed, I will stick the thread to the top of the forum list for more visibility ;)

Regards

What about not meeting this friday but the next one so that more people can join in?
Ahh and something else... I am not interested in fixing private dates with Egyptian guys over PM... of course everyone can join in but in general I am interested in meeting expats!!!

Let's meet up for a German Language class given by u :)

I like beer! Just let me know when. In celebration of this new arrangement, please enjoy this quote:

"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?" --Homer Simpson

Sounds good to me count me in.

Very cool... german lessons are of course for free.
so friday (8.04) at 8 pm fits u all?
U like the odion or u prefer another place?

I am a new member in this blog,and I am so happy to find such arranged group meetings with boys and girls cause I am really facing a lot to find friends as everyone is just looking for a relation or something else,either expats or egyptians.
So I would love to join you all and as you didn't fix the date yet can we make it on thursday night cause friday won't fit me?!
Any place with beer will be more than fine with me.
Happy to know you already guys :)

Next thursday fits me, too.
Very nice to see that some people are interested...

Just give a feedback, guys...

Next thursday, odion hotel?

Suitable time and place too.

Hello and welcome to the newbies :-) I'll try to make it Thursday too, sounds fun and would be nice to meet you.
Elaine

Count me in too :)
But I also hope more girls beside me,batni and elaine  will join cause still it is not so cool that only boys who are interested.I don't want this beer meeting to end up in an invitation to go back home with one of the guys.
So to make it clear I am not interested in any kind of relation more than a friendship.

I wasn't talking only about local egyptian boys.I meant every guy regardless his nationality who thinks that such topics to search for friends is a chance to hunt some girls.
I don't want also to recieve any complement about my looking or give any too cause as I said I am looking only for friends to go out with and in a group not alone.
Do the girls and everyone here agree with me that only making friends is the main oultline of this meeting or will it be sort of what is mentioned in the previous post by oldskool?
Good night for now everyone ;)

Ooops, I guess this thread is becoming off-topic. Can we get back about the meet-up which is the initial topic!

Im happy to see someone taking initiative to go out. I'd like to join you, can I ?

Is the german important, cause I don't speak at all this language...

U welcome anytime for beer BATni.

i'm up for it as well :) would love to have some beer and nice chat...
the problem is i dont know where odeon hotel is :S

Hi all.

I have only been here in Cairo for a few weeks and I now live in Heliopolis so I also need to know where the Odion/Odeon is? And are we talking about this Thursday 7th April or next Thursday 14th. I would love to come along and I'm here this week but expect to be in Doha on the 14th.

30.051174,31.237783 enter this in google Map and you'll find the place, I guess this is there, maybe someone could check, it's on on the roof of the hotel.

I just found this
lonelyplanet.com/egypt/cairo/entertainment-nightlife/bar/odeon-palace-hotel

Dear mprier

Thanks very much - if its Thursday 7th at 8(ish) I will plan to be there. See you then

It is, hyndmani

I am very happy that so many of u are interested.
How will we find each other?

Hi, why GREY Cairo ? Isn'it nice ? Pls tell me what you think as I may have to live there...

Nath from Switzerland

So i will be there at 8.

Batni you have to tell us how we will know each other.

Ok, i am not a big fan of publishing my number like this, so i try to make up something else in my little head.

When you come out of the elevator, you have the choice to go right or left. On the left side you have the bar and the open area. Normally everyone is sitting in this part of the odeon. SO why don't we just meet first on the right side. Its a big boring there, but as soon as we are more people, it will be visible that it's us and we can go to the other side.

Meshi?

Sounds good :-) You have my picture so that might help - look for the ginger one!! :D I'm in Heliopolis too, seems like lots of us live there but we never meet up there... have to do something about that :-) I'll make my own way there though, don't worry. Might bring an Egyptian friend too if that's ok?
Elaine

Great.So i can bring one of my egyptian friends with me,and some of his friends are interested too.

Seems it will be a huge meeting :)

hey all,

wow, haven't check this post in days and it's turning into some party! I'm definitely in. I have my pic so you should know me. I teach at AUC until 10pm tonight, but will def. come by. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Cheers,

Joe

Unfortunately i will miss it today.i have to travel for business.

I wish you all have a nice time tonight and one day I will join you.

What a bad timing :(
Hope at least that it's a cool trip you'll have ahead.

For the rest of u, I hope to see u tonight.

Yup will see you shortly :-)

Was great to see so many people turn up last night, really nice to meet you all :-) we'll do this again soon!
Elaine

missed this; shoudl have checked the blog yesterday! My wife and I would love to join the next one. Inshallah, next weekend i guess?

For real, Ehab and me had a lot of fun, too. Thank you all for showing up, we really had a great time.
SO if ever (just as vsank said) you are up for it again, we are, too :)