Just moved to Cario from England!

Hi im Ashton-Louise i have justed moved here for the next year! Im 22 and from london, I only get fridays off and would be great if there was someone else that speaks English that i could meet with!

Feel free to contact me if you would like to chat!!

Ashton! how are you ??!!! by the  way when you write that you are from UK !! I just try to practice myself about saying correct "R" because I have American friend and she give me away to say correct "R", but it's very hard !!, because it's hard for Egyptian to say correct "R" as pronunciation!!!it's fact !!. so I decided to speak R as British accent !!!! because the most of the time they don't say "R" LOL!!!
Anyway, I forget to say you are more than welcome in Egypt!! maybe I forget because I still trying to say "R" as American accent !!but I think I failed !!!
So!, depending about your post , we have a lot of events " if you are interested I can send it to you" some of them are weekly and regular every week

and if you like playing football !!. you are welcome to play with us !!. me and my friend Amanda are the organizer of this weekly event- every Saturday 4:30 pm!
By the way, It's a mixed-gender♀♂ (women and men), mixed-nationality, mixed-age group! The entrance fee to the Fields is just 5LE (pay at the gate) @ down Town.
so if you are interested to come , you are welcome !

See You! :)

Welcome in Egypt but take care
be in group
move little
Cairo & Alexandria are very safe
people in Egypt are very nice but most of problems happen outside Cairo and Alexandria while buses moving from place to place
get friendship from your nationality and meet them in public areas
you should know life in Mideast not like the life in UK

I don't know more about English but I try to help

welcome ashton i am mohamed from cairo i am 25 i can speak english  u can contact me on 01007313397

Hello Ashton, Welcome to Egypt, Cairo, there's plenty of events around that, some of them are social gathering like Monday gathering, or Weekly social meeting each Tuesday, if u wish to get in-touch with the locals & foreigners in same time i recommend the Weekly meeting iv made few friends there myself, check on the sticky

Hey! Hope your settling in well! By the way im new here too! Just thought i might add that the people that have left their phone numbers here are not people you should contact. I lived here a year a while back and learnt this the hard way. Be careful with choosing your friends here. The true Egyptians are absolutely amazing people and have 'white' hearts as they say here! But there are a lot of not good people too! Anyways let me know if ur looking for a female friend! :-)

Hey dear , i would like to add to what my friends Xaviar said , there is a weekly meeting for language exchange if yo are interested to catch some Arabic you are welcome to join us just msg me and i'll send you details

Welcome dear to the non-sleeping city :)
If you need any advice on Maadi district, I will be glad to help.

Hi There,
Will have the honor to chat with you ;), may be we can find a common interest or hobby we can share.

any way, i enjoy outings as concerts and historical visits mostly during the weekends, Please feel free to write me back if interested to chat or join us in our next Friday outing.

wish you'll enjoy your stay here in Cairo and have a pleasant day :-)

I agree with femishe...plz do take care

plenty of welcome here, have fun ;)

it's nice to meet you :)
i'm mohammad from cairo , 24
i'm a fashion designer

Welcome Ashton-Louise, I am an interior designer and I love horse riding, always go in group rides on Fridays in case you are interested.
Enjoy your stay in Egypt if you are still here :)
Ihab

Hi mate,

I have been in the UK many times I visited many places ( London, Windsor, Slough, Egham & Gloucester).

really I spent a great time.

you will learn here a lot and you will see a different culture.

just be careful :)

you can add me to chat 

cheers,

Hi Ashton-Louise.

As the mother of a 20 year old daughter living and working in Egypt i have visited her on several occasions during the past12 months. I can only repeat what a couple of members on here have also said.. ( Please be very careful ) I was amazed at what lengths some of the locals will go to - to befriend you for reasons other than genuine friendship.  Because you are young and very vulnerable it is easy to get taken in.. I know many people that have learned a very hard lesson.

Egypt is a stunningly beautiful Country with absolutely lovely friendly people living in it but i suppose like lots of other Countries it has it's element of undesirables.

Good luck

sandrasmith wrote:

Hi Ashton-Louise.

As the mother of a 20 year old daughter living and working in Egypt i have visited her on several occasions during the past12 months. I can only repeat what a couple of members on here have also said.. ( Please be very careful ) I was amazed at what lengths some of the locals will go to - to befriend you for reasons other than genuine friendship.  Because you are young and very vulnerable it is easy to get taken in.. I know many people that have learned a very hard lesson.

Egypt is a stunningly beautiful Country with absolutely lovely friendly people living in it but i suppose like lots of other Countries it has it's element of undesirables.

Good luck

strongly agree
Even the Egyptians themselves suffer from these actions

Hi, I am an expat living in maadi since last June, it's gonna be fine to arrange something if you are close this area.

it is my pleasure to meet with u. i like making friends ecpecially from foreign cultures. we can meet on fridays. my name is haytham, 28. i speak english well. phone 01228757363. [email protected]

I too search for english practising my name's ahmed I am egyptian man work in administrative position my number is 24301277 mobile 01112843747

Flipping heck - what do these Egyptian man think of us??

hello Ashton-Louise,
I move to Cairo one and half years ago, before that i lived in London studied at Kings College. I am trying to find friend especial people whom have a similar background (lived in the same country)and speak the same native language as me. but until know i have had no luck have met many people, but non of my age i am 23. If you would ever like to go have a Coffee, or if you need anything from a person who is in the same situation as you (advice). Also if you find a place that people of our age meet and chill and only speaking English please inform me
Best Regards
Vassilis

Hi all,
I am a newbie here, and i thought to share some experience with you guys, also to have the private messages activated ;)
I totally agree with people who recommend not to call people who leave there phone number in the public thread, a bit suspicious.

I think general security rules should apply here, specially after the revolution. 

don't disclose too much personal information like phone or address till you get to know the person.
try to learn few Arabic words, when u use Arabic words you are less tempting to get scammed or for someone to get  advantage of u.

hello, as i said before to many foreigners friends, the good and bad ones are existing every where, the most important to put your self in secure zone. Egypt is the best place which full with white hearts people, helpful and funny people ...but you have to concentrate other wise you fall in the wrong one .. ^_^

Hello Ashton-Louise!

Hope life is good in Cairo since it has been a while now that you've probably set in :)
I'm Marie, French living in Cairo. I would be delighted to meet up foreigner females here.
Wishing you the best,
Take care

Marie

Ok, let's try
My Skype is wah49408081

all i can say to that is  " Oh my goodness "

it's true - and even the educated members of the society here also think like that - due to cultural and religious differences.

They interpret alot of things the wrong way - and think that European/western women are basically easy.

You have t remember what they see if films - to some extent (more so if they are uneducated) is true.
Bed hopping - many partners - infidelity, etc. etc.

loooool , u r absolutely right, by the way I deleted my openion , good that you read it.
:). By the way I am a northern Sudanese we almost have the same thing but in my country there is less harassment and people would give more respect to ladies in addition to the great hospitality for foreigners.

Cheeeeeers

Hi Ashton, I'm Betty Aluoch and so interested to know how you landed in Egypt. I would like to work there too.

:cheers:

So how do u find 6th October ? is living there better than Maadi ? I live in Maadi, I think it's nice as there are so many cafe's here but it's a bit crowded and power is not stable.

So, it's Thursday , any plans for going out/partying tonight ? lets do it, whose ready ?inbox me.

I already knew all that.. but it doesn't make me feel any better!
It doesn't matter how many times you say no politely they just don't listen... I have travelled to many other countries and haven't been disrespected in the way i am in Egypt.. It's shocking to think i am thought of as " easy " and willing to hand over my hard earned cash because i should!!!

I visit Hurghada often and am moving over permanently very soon.. i have said on here previously.. my daughter lives in Hurghada and is married to an egyptian.   

I love the place and have a lot of respect for many of the people living there. I wonder, is it poor education or just plain and simple rude with no morals.

I feel so sorry for such repetition about Egypt and egyptians as well.
I know it may be shocking at the first impression.
Later u will be imuned and talented in rejection and expert how to deal ...

My poin, nothing is perfect and reach ur target and look to the bright side ...

I wanted to travel Germany or Australia before... couldn't leave Egypt.

Good Luck

Hi Does anyone live or know what Garden city is like?

Garden city is just behind tahrir main building. Very old building full of different embassies. Small area

Hi,
I live in Garden City since August 1959 left to UAE 1999 back to the same appartment in 2012 a lot of things changed in Egypt since 2011 even for an Egyptian like me. Back to Garden City you should not live near the US, British, Canadian Embassies as they are near Tahrir and Simon Bolivard squares but if you find something near the Italian Embassy or La Mere De Dieu will be better. It is not like Zamalek where you find a lot of restaurants and shops. In any case you should live in the area or near by your work.

Thank you all for the advice.. i have decided to stick to my original plan and move to Hurghada.

Hi :)

hi there it is a good chance to meet together in friendly groups.

@haithampariam > this is an inactive thread since 2013. Please feel free to create your own topic on the Cairo forum. Thank you