Looking for information on extended visas

I am just looking for information on extended visas  because I am wanting to pay up and travel soon.

Does any one know  how much the charge is for over extended visa  ?
The exact price so i can have an idea ?

Also where do you go now as I am told its not in Tahrir any more ?

Just looking for  this information not anything else .

any info would be appreciated

The last time I traveled,  I could pay at the airport.  I can't remember how much it was exactly but I think it was $150. I remember it was more than 100 but less than 200

u don have to extend they ill charge u late fees around 1000 egp for extending  while leaving dats it

Hi everyone,

Kindly note that a few posts have been removed from the forum.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hiya,
The entry visa fee is about 25$, the renewal visa fee is roughly 1700 LE (Egyptian Pounds) for 6 months. I hope this answers your question.

Hiya,
Visa is the worse thing in any country especially in Egypt. When I go to the Jauzah office for extended visa, I get told to pay 1700LE, which I know and many tourists know is not the correct price. The correct price is around 500LE, if that.
But some one is lying and making loads of money from us tourists, who need a visa to stay here for one or other reason. I can see the price of an extended visa on the electronic board but when you go to pay for it it rises 2 to 3 folds - its ridiculous. There is no person controlling the system and many tourists get really fed-up with the system. Every time I go to get a visa, the price becomes higher and higher.
I am glad I am 60 and I do not need a visa to stay here, but I need a visa to do anything official, for instance to open a bank account.
For your specific information it is around 1700LE for 6 to 9 months Visa.