Loneliness when you're abroad

Even if sometime i became alone i feel better because this is the moment is always search to know myself..............

Cracked

Make your aims n dreams then give them your full attention
You will not feel alone even u r

May be but what you will do about the human nature...........human has born alone and one day die alone.......so being alone is a nature and from our childhood we taught to be occupied with something or somwwhere and once that gap comes again we get scared and become sad........but the other way i can say being alone is a gift.........hardly anyone understand............

I am agree. Loneliness give us a lot of positive things rather than sadness. Like we know our power wat can v do n wat v can't. It tells us value if relations n many more

hi how are you?

Hello there,
I am fine and you.........If you write something more than this might be easy for us to understand you and you can enjoy the EB site...................

Regards,
Anil

Silent_lover wrote:

I am agree. Loneliness give us a lot of positive things rather than sadness. Like we know our power wat can v do n wat v can't. It tells us value if relations n many more

Yes it's true , when we shifted to this country i was feeling very lonely but loneliness gave me time to read so many books which I wanted to read for a long time. And I started finding my own ways to explore the world.

So finally Anita has started exploring her own world............good
Even i too experience the same............. :)

aryavrat wrote:

So finally Anita has started exploring her own world............good
Even i too experience the same............. :)

I started it long ago dear. I feel great that you have started experiencing the same  :cheers:

Yes you are right........... :)

Hello Dissolver,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs.............
Please post this in Classifieds (jobs section) for better reply...........
Here no personal advertisement.............

Regards

homesickness? i've never and will never get use to it. it still kills me everytime! :(

What you don't have and you will not allow it to have still killing surprising...............

I think u can go out or do some sport activities

Whenever I moved to a city I tried to share a flat with locals. That way they'll introduce me to their friends... but I guess that's not the best solution when you've reach a certain age and you don't want to share a flat anymore or you're already living with your couple/family. For me the best way to meet people is doing the things you like, going to an expo, film, etc.. don't force an encounter, but if you happen to meet someone in an event of the like well that means that you've already have something in common, so it'll be easier to start the conversation.

narz4u wrote:

homesickness? i've never and will never get use to it. it still kills me everytime! :(

Hey ! Can you explain it ? How come it happen ?

narz4u wrote:

Have you actually tried to make friends, join a club or just get out and about. Do you have an internet link so that you can chat to family. If not do you phone them or write letters. 
If you sit around in your spare time thinking about home all the time then this will lead to homesickness. In my travels I have met people who were so homesick it affected their ability to do their job properly so we had to dismiss them and send them home.

Lot of people say something and when we ask them how they just disappear.............this is the common problem i see here..........sometimes they initiate the thread and might be this is their first post but after that they disappear........

_andi_ wrote:

I' LL ALSO FEEL LONELY IF I GO ABROAD ALONE....

Hello andy,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs ...............
Please avoid typing in Caps Lock.............

Regards,
Anil

Agreed, but work is a good catalyst to mmetup new people ;)

Hello Benj23,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs..............
Yes in working enviroment also we can avoid loneliness.........

Regards,
Anil

I guess you have to be comfortable with yourself first and then not be shy to meet new people.

Hello Kalabazoo,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs..............
Ofcourse without being comfortable with oneself can't be possible to interact with others...............

Regards,
Anil

Lonely is depend on your mood according to my experience if you feel lonely you can just hang around outside and sightseeing without staying in one place alone and I really happy to meet new people and learning languages .... So I never feel lovely where ever I go .....

I guess it's always strikes me... i wish to go back home!  :sosad:

ynnejsedna wrote:

I guess it's always strikes me... i wish to go back home!  :sosad:

Hello ynnejsedna,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs...............
Don't be so sad and try to find out time to go often to your home land.........

Regards,
Anil

Munna229 wrote:

Lonely is depend on your mood according to my experience if you feel lonely you can just hang around outside and sightseeing without staying in one place alone and I really happy to meet new people and learning languages .... So I never feel lovely where ever I go .....

What Munna you never feel lovely where ever you go................? :/

join a sports team ..

Feel loneliness is something we have to deal with esp when we are reside outside of our own country. I keep myself away from loneliness by watching my favourite drama series Sherlock (Dont remember how many time I watched it :)) cause loneliness will always lead me to depression.  And thats too bad :)

Just focus on the local lifestyle and architecture. When you are abroad people after a while just dont care who you are i have noticed...

Hello .. being abroad for almost 10 years, in Asia, I went back to Europe (while not to my country of origin). And yes, I have usually 'managed' or 'coached' 'the locals'.
No, it was neither interesting nor challenging, after a few years, it became routine.

Loneliness, no, I did never feel. People are nice everywhere. Language problems, no, just learning whatever 'local' language and at least, at a 'local market' or simple cafe, or with children, have some nice talks.

Loneliness besides, of course. Asia is different, say, Asian values are different. If at first 'family' counts, at second 'food', and a third, the social hierarchical position in the eyes of fellows .. and I value, because of my background: going to the nature, discussions maybe heated (provokes for people of Asian origin only headaches..), hobbies.  .. Then, this gap is not to fill.

That is, better than a bar .. I found, maybe, an orchestra, a choir, a language class, a sports club .. where I could find fellow Europeans who share this my world view of travel, nature, discussions, hobbies.

Less the bars, maybe, also, because I am female .. and I am not that interested in talking about a/ local beauties .. b/ how boring/difficult/profit-oriented/unequal .. this relationship, actually, is. Maybe I am biased.

I think that is to accept. Living abroad, is a choice. The price are values that differ. People expect and see life differently. A great deal to learn. And then, maybe to go. It is a choice to live abroad, and a choice to go to a country where one felt home.

I want to say .. no need to 'stay lonely'. Dating-pages, bars, local girls (or men, we live in an equal world), or endless screen-sessions of games, blogs, chats .. will not help.

If one may not be thrilled any more by experiencing what the differences offer, and if one is not excited by the financial reward, or the opportunities of being abroad .. then it may be the time to move.
Further to another new place, or to a place one may feel home.

Just not to 'stuck' in loneliness. It kills everyone, that is correct. While, it is also a sign to move, to make a change. A signal of the soul that 'enough' is reached.

I think people who are lonely when abroad probably shouldn't be abroad. Going abroad to work/live may or may not be one of everybody's life's turning-points, but you have to give it a chance; and an inclination to loneliness won't hack it. A couple of months ago (March) I sat back to figure out my son's "turning point", and managed to identify it as occurring when he hitched a ride on a yacht headed for Texas (from our home in Grand Cayman, in the Caribbean). I won't bore you with the details here. You can read the blog itself, if you want to be bored!

The piece was called "Turning left at Galveston", because that's what he did. That decision opened up an entirely new life for himself, in languages he certainly couldn't speak to begin with. He is a little bit bi-polar, and in his down-time he does feel lonely; but he has arranged his circumstances so as to cope with that. Loneliness derives from insecurity.

just watch movies

When u are in a new country is lovely but  after u stay  some days , u will get bored and u will want ur country but the problem is that even when u will get to ur country if it was boring country u would want to get back on the  new country  u stayed

markoandoni wrote:

When u are in a new country is lovely but  after u stay  some days , u will get bored and u will want ur country but the problem is that even when u will get to ur country if it was boring country u would want to get back on the  new country  u stayed

Welcome to Expat-Blogs.............
It depends upon the person ............if someone feel boring even in his own country as well as in other country then he must look himself or herself to move towards forest or lonely islands or other planet....like Mars............ :D

markoandoni wrote:

You have to have an open mind and a certain degree of adventure to go abroad. If you are not mentally prepared for the often drastic differences between a new country and your country, and do not have a positive attitude then you should stay at home. In my many years of travelling and working  around the world I have always gone to wherever with a sense of adventure and a positive attitude, gone out of my way to be friendly with locals and been mentally prepared for eventualities. I have never been lonely.

I am alone often, but I am never lonely. Boredom will kill you ten years before your time. It is not (nor lonely) in my vocabulary. Grab some ice cream and watch a movie when you are alone...not only. You're in a city of 19M for goodness sake. But then, I left the United (former) States, so Antarctica would be fine for me. ;)

And PS, I've been gone since Friday 13th, '13 and haven't missed a second of it.

It is easier to adjust as you travel more!

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR