Loneliness when you're abroad

Julien wrote:

Do you often feel lonely when you're abroad?

I personaly suffered on week ends while I was in the UK. Even if I had several friends, I often missed my family and friends (from home). So I walked, visited museum, went to concerts, worked more... What about you?

What are you doing when you feel lonely?

When you feel lonely.......
Switch ON the button of happiness
How?
Be grateful.....you have breath.....your health... your job.....a lot of things to be grateful for....... appreciate and be happy...the antidote for loneliness... happiness is a choice ;)

Feel Grateful and............................... hope that BEST is yet to come,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You will feel better

Ten Top Experiences Now Available Via the Internet
    That Were Not There For Lonely Expats of Previous Generations

10.  These days you can Skype or Zoom to your heart's content with old friends back home.

9.  Literally thousands of movies are streamable without buffering in many locations.

8.  Sports channels such as the NFL streaming service not only serve up every league contest, but even offer options such as viewing from multiple angles and viewing archived games going back to last season.

7.  Services such as South America's Rappi give Expats free access to order home delivery on demand in dozens of cities for food, medicine and all kinds of good stuff.  Rappi's name is a play on the Spanish adjective/adverb meaning 'fast', rápido.

6.  Expanded offerings at sites such as expat.com and YouTube give Expats greater insights into what life would be like for them at locations from Cuenca, Ecuador, to coastal Portugal to Western Australia.

5.  Newer websites offer classes led by master instructors .. and site members taking online classes can even earn a university degree or diploma.

4.  Trolls and spammers on sites such as this one are dispatched or banned, often in minutes, 24/7, thanks to fast-moving experts .. and moderators such as at this site's Home Office in the Mascarene Islands. :top::top:  Expat.com came into existence about 15 years ago.

3.  Did you miss SportsCenter on cable TV tonight?  Dial up the website for popular teams you follow .. and enjoy the highlights instantly.   For free, no less.

2.  You can automatically receive the weekly email advisory for New York Times political columnist Maureen Dowd and then read her insights early in the day .. most Saturdays Eastern Time.

And the number-one advance in on-line entertainment for Expats of this generation...

1.  The latest extraordinary and charming exploits of Lola the Siberian Husky (age one year, 10 months) are posted multiple times a week by YouTube's Milperthusky family.  Google youtube milperthusky funny baby helps bath stubborn husky and you'll see what I mean. :)

@marmalade good day my dear, I am Ernest by name, I have Bahamas visa planning to travel to Bahamas, pls can I be ur friend if I don't mind? I will appreciate ur response, thanks

@fiery thing good evening, I like to be ur friend, although I moving from Nigeria to Bahamas very soon cos I have a Bahamas visa since 2 months now, pls can u call me Ernest by name, or call me on phone I will appreciate your response *** thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

For personal safety please do not post contact details here.

Use the message system to exchange details.

@ernestodion2020 The user you refer to, Marmalade, last visited the forum and posted here 13 years ago. I think it is unlikely you get a response!

The Downtown Solution.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely

You can always go Downtown

When you've got worries all the noise and the hurry

Seems to help I know

Downtown

}ust listen to the music of the traffic in the city

Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty

How can you lose?

The lights are so much brighter there

You can forget all your troubles

Forget all your cares

So go downtown, downtown...

Downtown

Downtown

Downtown

-- "Downtown," Petula Clark, 1964

Presented by cccmedia in Downtown Fargo, USA.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR