Loneliness when you're abroad

@ jazzy851 Unfortunately I left Vietnam for my own good already..... Sadly that now I don't have any time to do any activities you said there but well will try later... however Park is super dirty in Saigon (where my home is) :cool:

So you trying out another country to beat the boredom ?  :cool:
If the parks are dirty...yep, avoid them. I saw good clean parks in District 1. The ones i saw seem to be clean and lots of people various ages use them :)

Good luck where ever youre next venture takes you..  ;)

kimluuthien wrote:

@ jazzy851 Unfortunately I left Vietnam for my own good already..... Sadly that now I don't have any time to do any activities you said there but well will try later... however Park is super dirty in Saigon (where my home is) :cool:

well.... if going abroad means to make us lonely and sad , I bet nobody will leave their hometowns.... The reason of going abroad... is to make our lives better in a positive way right?

However, a small problem is that "Leaving home" will make me loose my identity, but "coming back to home" only gives me a headache.... which I feel right now... kind of "have-no-clue- where- I - belong - to" mood.

@spanishpete  :top: will try if I save enough.

you sound like your a bit of a wondeing star,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This is a bit of 'light hearted' pice of music, listion all of it, it also come from a really great musical Paint your wagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9eCRisbDo

An Amazing, uplifting piece of musicc: Amazing Grace

https://youtu.be/NG0vH4WYChQ

me too looking for freind

If anyone wants to get to know Pretoria better, i can help. I have lived here for six years now. I love meeting new people, especially expats. I am self-employed so tend not to meet too many people myself.

I am also lonely, wants to make and meet friends in den haag

somu_says wrote:

I am also lonely, wants to make and meet friends in den haag

Welcome on board on this website :cheers:
If you want to get to know more people, introduce yourself on the Netherlands forum and participate on several threads so people get to know you better.
Of course you're not limited to that section of the site but feel free to post comments anywhere as long it's useful to others.
A joke here and there is also permitted.

Anyone from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia wanna meet up this coming Sat 7-Oct?

hello,
I am Sam, I would like to know about the meeting. I am from Kl. I am a student doing bachelor level.
My best regards
Sam :)

hi

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : off topic + please create a new thread

Hi, where to meet up?

expatwithdave wrote:

hi

How about introducing yourself with a little information.

One word posts are frowned upon.

Im Arjun , 23 years and im looking for a job as a indain 1st Commis Chef kitchen . I, right now working Hyatt Regency Hotel , but want to change a work for something what i like. I have experience in this kind of work from amritser , where I was helping from time to time at the weeding catering at restaurants. I am searching for a work, at the Rotterdam and neighborhood. My contact /whtsup ***
Thanku

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you

Arjun: You posted this in the general (non-country-specific) forum, although you are looking for a job in Holland. And you posted this in a thread about loneliness abroad, where it is off-topic. You included your personal contact details, which is disallowed by the forum rules (which you agreed to when signing up).
And on top of that, in addition to many language and grammar mistakes (which can be excused if you are not native speaker), you wrote the names of your country and your former home city wrong.
Sorry, but you have to put in more effort to find a job. Like this nobody would believe you can deliver good quality work.
Please start by reading on this forum (in the correct country section) how best to find a job in your desired destination - and then follow that advice!

Loneliness is killing abroad

Get out of your comfort zone and go meet people.

I cook, I clean, I call friends, I connect with family on WhatsApp, I browse twitter fishing for news.... I get out to community events to meet people,... plenty to do to keep myself busy to overcome that stage.

It's quite not easy to meet people for introverts

@Engr.MAAKA I'm here at eastern province also if you want we can meet and be friends.

Me too. I guess everyone at some point in their life feel lonely. I like to travel to new places and be adventurous in order to understand myself more, for me it's really helped.

I am yet to move from home, but I have also experienced loneliness when in month-long travels. It usually occurs when the thrill of a new destination is gone. It's not a feeling I desire, but completely normal and has to be acknowleged. I just know I have to get out of my way to connect to other people.

Can you share me your travel blog link..

Lonliness in destination is usual that have to suffer but has to get rid of it through finding people s. Right now after one year feels lonliness because have no friends however I find escape from that througj reading and learning . If you get some good friends may be you can hangout througj that way can take away the lonliness but the getting person almost needs to have same thoughts if not we need to adapt to.

Im interested to meet up for friends. But im not from kulalampur.

I used to be surrounded by ppl from different backgrounds and when I backed to my home country I felt as if I'm an expat here...this is so weird for me...I do not have that many friends from my home country but I meet many expats here, actually I feel comfortable when I go to place at where so many different ppl exist 
and for relationship also, I never fall in love with a man from the same country
Actually, I feel lonely in my home country and feel home at different countries

Hi manal

It pays to get out and find new places to meet people. Places you might not normally go to, people you might not normally associate with. Be open-minded, and you'll find your place. :D

I used to feel that way, only after I found a purpose in helping people live better than their current situation that I realize the spaces of loneliness gets smaller.

To me, that is good, I get occupied by helping people grow no matter where I go. My name is Shawn and I have never been on a job for 4 straight years, all thanks to a mobile business I'm operating that allows me to partner with anyone as I go to build it big.

Loneliness is a double edge sword, While it may brings the best out of you, at times, it could damage you inside you. I love to hear from you, any of you here more, communication helps relief loneliness, and I always believe you have great experience to share. I love to hear more about it. Let's get along and wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Hi,

Well my name is Carla and i Will be moving to london on october by myself.
Im from Portugal and Im usually surronded by familiar faces.
Can you share your moving experiences with me?
My biggest fear there is to get stabbed.. Thanks

Hello Carla! I will be doing the same at the end of Sept. I understand you! I have spent about 1 month in London already to explore and get used to the city and the people. It matters a lot the area where you will be living, have you found a place to stay yet?
Dana

Share the details more...if it doesnt clash with my schedule, i would love to attend and get network ;)

Cik Jingga wrote:

Share the details more...if it doesnt clash with my schedule, i would love to attend and get network ;)

am sorry..it was passed

Cmota40 wrote:

My biggest fear there is to get stabbed.

That is a good fear to have since it will most likely never happen. If you feared the government doing something crazy or getting stuck in gridlock, you would not be so lucky.

Dear Dannaeco,

It is good to have people that relate to our experiences and feelings :)
I´ve been here and there but I haven´t stayed for long in London, this will be the first time.
My plan it to stay the first month in a Homestayin house in Loughton and then rent a room in the end of this period (hopefully I will have a job by then).
What about you do you a place to stay? What´s your game plan?
Carla

Cik Jingga wrote:

Please check my message to Dannaeco

Khalida.UNC wrote:
Cmota40 wrote:

My biggest fear there is to get stabbed.

That is a good fear to have since it will most likely never happen. If you feared the government doing something crazy or getting stuck in gridlock, you would not be so lucky.

Lol thank you for the encouragement :p

My plan is similar to yours. I have a temporary accomodation until beggining of October and i will be looking for a room to rent. There are many websites and apps for this pursue, there are even some flatmating events that i have attended and i found quite useful. I looked a bit on Homestayin as well, prices seem bit high but i guess this is the norm for London. What kind of job are you looking for?

Dannaeco wrote:

My plan is similar to yours. I have a temporary accomodation until beggining of October and i will be looking for a room to rent. There are many websites and apps for this pursue, there are even some flatmating events that i have attended and i found quite useful. I looked a bit on Homestayin as well, prices seem bit high but i guess this is the norm for London. What kind of job are you looking for?

Hi Dannaeco,

That sounds interesting, flatmates events could you send me the links of the websites and apps you have searched please?  yes the prices in homestays are a bit high but i thought it would be safer than Booking a room online since i prefer to be there and visit these places. Besides that my budget to rent a Room is quite low ( max 350 pcm), but we'll see.
As for the jobs Im an event manager but Im applying for retail stores, marketing positions, event positions, Office assisting something just to get starting...what about you, do you have a job already? Can you tell me more about applying for the NI Number? Carla

Yeah, same feelings, I'm missing too my family.

John Harry

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR