Loneliness when you're abroad

in my opinion Language... has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone.

Can you answer this question? If you are surrounded by so many people and still feel alone how would you go about solving that issue?

do you still feel lonely? Tell me why? Did you leave the house and go out r stay home?

Hii i did experience this when i first moved to scotland. the first year was the most difficult for me but i manged to fit into the community and i don't feel lonely anymore. What are your interests?  you will need to go and meet other expats and join in the activities, otherwise, going to work everyday and having no social life can be very lonely

Yes I think so

It's a horrible experience

Right

Janie Bravo wrote:

Can you answer this question? If you are surrounded by so many people and still feel alone how would you go about solving that issue?

There seems to be a strong stigma about loneliness. Many people will admit to being depressed before they'll talk about being lonely. They fear being judged as unlikeable, a loser, or weird so they don't discuss their sense of aloneness, alienation, or exclusion.
Not feeling free to talk about loneliness adds to the problem and to the judgments of the experience. If you judge yourself for feeling lonely, it makes it even more difficult to take steps to change the situation. Then you may judge yourself for not takng action to solve the problem.
That horrible experience of being the last one chosen for teams in school seems to continue into adulthood, though the reasons are different. The general idea seems to be that if you don't have friends, then there must be something wrong with you.

Rubelgonga wrote:

Right

Could you please give a little more information about the subject matter which is loneliness when you're abroad.

One word posts are a waste of time and add nothing to the thread.

I do agree with you especially if you are last on people's list it is like what is wrong with me but sometimes you kinda have to say it is not me it them lol. It would be nice to have a meet and greet friendship night in abu dhabi and it should be mandatory to get at least five people phone number to have contact hell at least if you connect with one out five then it would be worth it? This is my thought....just my thoughts lol.

NOW on the other hand

Guys dont get offended by this but even thought i feel lonely and want company i find most men that send me a message is frankly looking for sex and clearly this is not what a lonely person is seeking. To me sex is an act but when you help to fill that void and give off such a refreshing and fun feeling to a person by simply enjoying the simple things in life like eating with someone because the meal is good and you want to share it. what happen to just this is nice hanging out without the overhead of sex? Sex is good but other things are fun too.

guys u know there is nothing on this side of death (so Im told) that is as pleasurable as sex. It feels great, it makes you feel connected, it relieves stressits an all around good time. The thing about sex is that it connects you with whoever you are sleeping with. So that it doesnt matter whether they are right for you or not, you become blinded to their faults and the incompatibilities between the two of you.
There is a kind of hurt you feel after you break up with someone, but there is a different kind of hurt (heart-shattering-life-changing-overwhelmingly-devastating hurt) when you break up with someone youve had sex with.
It hurts every time. Yes you may be able to numb yourself after a while, but that only leads to dysfunctional relationships in the future. So if youre not married, stop having sex (If you are marriedobviously this does not apply to you).
Remember life is meant to be enjoyed, not  regretted.

Huh?

Loneliness is a part of life and it teach us much about us so if we take it in positive seance
Where do I go?
When I'm feeling so lost and I don't want to be found.
When I'm looking and listening for that peace in my heart.
But I know I'll never hear that sound.
Where do I go?
Where do I go when I'm trying to laugh but all I can do I cry?
I'm trying to keep on living because I'm not ready to die.
Where do I go because the sun never seems to shine?
Can you give me my life back it's not yours it's mine?
How do I keep going, how do I fight this fight?
I'm tired of feeling beat down, but I'm trying with all my might!
Where do I go when my head hangs so low?
Please give me an answer because I just don't know!
Where do I go?
Does it take very long?
For me to find that peace and a place where I belong.
I need you to help me, help me to take a stand.
I'm scared to do it by myself, will you please take my hand?
Where do I go? Where do I go? Where do I go?
Do you know

Like I said before, lonely abroad...stay home.

Beadwindow2010 wrote:

Huh?

This post matches your avatar perfectly.

I miss my friends, but life is a journey and I aim to make this little one an adventure!!

Take care all and enjoy all you experience :) x

So what's wrong with my statement re the criers, maudlin stories. Why move? Matches my avatar. Cute.

There. Better on the avatar or maybe a gold tie would have been better.

if ur busy u dnt feel lonely.eating alone,walking alone really makes me cry,some says"it's life" to conquer it:love sports,learning extra skills,etc.

Arthur C. Clarke said once Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Try to make sure you are never to busy to say hello to somebody by making sure you are not on auto-pilot. This is what I noticed happens to me. You've just got to open your mind to the possibilities.

Lonely abroad is killing me.. It's really hard to eating alone, sleeping alone, nobody to talk with, especially when u have nothing to do.. I Can't lie, that I'm missing him damn much even only one or couple days. That's the effect if we'd sharing life. Once away, there's like a big hole in ur head which disturb ur brains circuit. It's still work! But not effectively. Can't wait for tomorrow :). I make my self busy with a bunch of movie that he prepared yesterday, can't imagine how people suffering with LDR. Sometimes U Can't live with but also can't live without...

yeah i did feel lonely, i was studying in china for 3 years and i felt really lonely in the beginning. but soon as i made more friends it was getting better luckily

Beadwindow2010 wrote:

Like I said before, lonely abroad...stay home.

Yes, of course! I'm amazed to read of so much loneliness on an expat site. Unless the complainers are actual slaves, or in prison - why in God's name aren't they back home where they (presumably) wouldn't be lonely? To deliberately live where one is unhappy - unless it's for a short time - must come pretty close to the definition of stupidity, surely. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but am I missing something, here?

I try to call my friends upon boring weekends but that doesn't fulfill the purpose. Need some human to talk.

R U in Abu Dhabi

Everyone gets lonely from time to time...But you can't let loneliness get the best of you..The UAE has too much to offer to sit at home and ponder...Get out and do things...Take up something new...YOu won't regret it...

SD

its difficult to manage things alone away from you home is big suffer

I read alot, hence, I am never lonely beign alone,importantly,I read mostly virtually,not hard copy

yes i am in abu dhabi

050 430 8295

of course i feel this a  lot

hey am Bulls, just arrived Tabuk in saudi..... What can one do for fun in tabuk

Well, i just got to tabuk,, at the moment, i go to the gym regularly, swim and play tennis... It keeps me going

Ohh this is what I'm experiencing now. I wished having to work all week without day off just to avoid the homesick because it's really making me crazy.  I hope I could overcome my loneliness.

I watch movies.. roam with friends.. go for a drive and so on .. what diverts my mind

Do you have to be there; can't you just go back home?

where are u now?

Hi there,
I am fortunate enough to have moved to Ireland together with my partner, but I miss my family back home very much. I rarely get to see them and my nephews grow up so fast.

when i feel lonely, i hang out with my friends n chatting with my family by skype n doing some activity to up date my self n keep me healthy.

New places new people new conversations and probably new interests... never felt too lonely because there's so much more to discover!

Meet other expats and join the events

OR