Looking for jobs as an English&Spanish teacher

Hello everybody,

My name is Covadonga and I am from Spain. I have decided to move to Muscat because my fiancee is starting to work in September. I would like to know where I could find jobs as a Spanish or English teacher. Thank you all of you

Hi Covadonga ! Muscat is a great place and I hope you enjoy your stint here.
In case you are not aware, let me tell you that Muscat is not a very hectic place. It is rather quiet and life passes by slow.
The heat in summer (like now) is 45 degree Celsius upwards ! Come September, the temperature will drop and December, January and February are the best months.
Answering your queries, getting a job may not be that easy since the Sultanate is actively trying to get as many locals employed as possible. Most jobs are currently held by expatriates despite ‘Omanisation' which decrees that a certain percentage of jobs MUST be given to the locals. Also there were some protests recently by the Omanis (following what happened in the region) demanding more jobs, better pay, etc.
Suggest you speak with the local Spanish Embassy here for guidance regarding employment opportunities in Muscat.

Hi Sumitran. Many thanks! I have read all your advice and they are really useful. I have thought the same, to talk to the Spanish Embassy. We will be in touch! :)

alright...
i think there is spanish omani consle here...you can apply online...search in google...you might get a chance...

once i find the website ill send it...

cheers,

Thank you very much. Can you explain me what's the meaning of consle? Bur if you know the webside it would be grateful.
Regards,
Covadonga

consul...sorry...
its belong to spain embassy in oman i guess...let me check if any website..

Ok, Thank you :) I have the address of the Spanish Embassy so I will write the ambassador asking for it. Are you in Muscat? How is the life there for the european women?
Regards
Covadonga

hey,
i found this website...if i found more..i will tell you...i think french omani center is teaching spanish as well...let me check...

please see this link:

spanishlanguagecentre.net/

cheers,

Hi Covadonga!
I see your post is back from 2011, My Fiancée is also spanish speaker and I would like to know your experience in Muscat, what did you find something to do? I am the one who is getting a job here, so we are planning to move but he is quite concern as he would like to do some work but his English is basic; so if you came across with something please advise. There is always something to do!

Thanks in advance

Emmy