Short term internet help !

Hi...

I will hopefully be over for initially 3 months and I will be on a bit of a budget.

I will be needing an internet connection,not too fussy about speed etc but I it will need to be fast enough to watch UK tv on my laptop and therefore probably needs to be unlimited usage.

Can anyone suggest any ideas or possible options with regards to a cheap and short term service ?

Thanks in advance .

cheap + short term + unlimited access + fast enough for watching UK TV - so basically you want a top end package, but cheap...

Top end...No.

Vodafone used to do a 4mb unlimited line for €13 a month,but this has been stopped.

Go want 24 month contract,Melita was expensive.

I was looking for some ideas since im not smart like you...

Maybe dongles etc but i dont know how things like that work.

unlimited = top end, unless you download 11pm-7am, then even low end packages are unlimited

dongles are even more limited in downloads than standard

SunshineLover2011 wrote:

I was looking for some ideas since im not smart like you...

I thought advice is what I gave. You are looking for the impossible - something will have to give

Sorry...i thought you were being smart and sarcastic.

So what are my options ? Signing up to a long term contract and paying something ridiculous to cancel ?

SunshineLover2011 wrote:

Sorry...i thought you were being smart and sarcastic.

I can do both, but never at the same time - only women can multitask

:lol:

We had a dongle when we first moved here. Its 23 euro for a 7GB package

https://www.vodafone.com.mt/libertypaymonthlyplans

and when we bought the key it cost 20 but it was on offer. 7GB does not last long, especially if you're streaming/downloading.

The only way to get a decent package is to sign into a contract long term. Otherwise you'll need to move somewhere near a bar/hotel with free wifi!

Depends where you stay you could get free internet at some hotels.
vodafone is about 30 euros for 3gb but the stick is 49

if you're streaming or downloading visit macdonalds and get the free wifi and then watch at home :)

Does anyone know how far away the mcdonalds wifi can connect ?

I think the apartment im interested in is about 100m-200metres from a mcd's !

depends on how good your wifi card is as well and what the setting is they broadcast in if its B/G/N
but 100 metres would be too far out I think

you dont want much do you? LOL

its near impossible to expect to sit and stream / record and watch later sitting outside a maccy d...even piggybacking you d be using someones download limit even those with wifi.....

even uk tv is limited here as they have protection in place which detects ur Malta IP and stops you viewing.....unless you pay for a proxy service