TV set up

Coming to Malta soon on 6month rental 1What tv is available in Malta? 2 Do kodi&android boes work in Malta?

Kodi & Android boxes work worldwide in the west at least, I have the understanding that they are not blocked in Malta.

those are popular here

Thank you for your reply so does streaming work well in Malta & can you receive sky sports &all English tv channels?

To view UK tv and Sky channels you can use a Mag Box or an Android box, both will work well but other than using something like Filmon, which is ok but not brilliant, you would be better off using a subscription IPTV service.
I use 2, one is with a Magbox ( UKSKYTV) and has a proper remote, catch up and VOD but that costs €29.95 a month. The other one is GMGM and costs £5.00 a month, the quality is very good for the price but as they say, you get what you pay for. Both are very good for sport as well.
Check their websites or Facebook pages for info or contact me.

Ray

Ray thanks for your helpful reply the Magbox you get through a local agent & they set it up & running for you at a price I assume?

There are several local vendors for mag boxes - search for "WatchTV Malta" on Facebook. It's a groupie run by one

100 meg cable internet for 30 euro per month. Fill your boots.

You can buy the android box for 59euros,  & it gets all UK tv premier football, all films,  & tv. Got one & it's great value

Sky is blocking Kodi boxes so be warned

Hi Derekrp

Thanks for your help what is the approximate cost for someone to get it up and running for us?

SimCityAT wrote:

Sky is blocking Kodi boxes so be warned

The boxes are not 'Kodi boxes' they are mostly either Andoid or Linux operating system and the Android ones can have Kodi loaded on to them. Kodi is simply media software and is not blocked by sky or anyone else.
Some UK ISP's have added setup software to stop you accessing IPTV providers and indeed have coerced Facebook in to blocking their pages, but you can change your settings to stop this.
Action in some countries has been take against suppliers of boxes with Kodi preloaded and including film and TV streaming add ons. Kodi itself does not include these and has not been subject to legal action.
You can also download Kodi on to your PC or laptop, again if you are in the UK you may need to alter the ISP's settings if you want to stream live TV or films.

Ray