English man looking for answers about Algeria.

Hey guys, sorry for the long questions but I can't find answers anywhere so here goes.....

my wife is half french half Algerian. She has a British and a Algerian passport so thats no issue. We are moving from England and hopefully heading to Algeria if all goes well. I am a revert to Islam and want to live in an Islamic country, I only hold a british passport. If I travel on a business visa and secure a good job out there could I apply for an Algerian passport? My wife has family in the army and security at the docks. Would I ever be considered to claim residency their at any point in my life or just keep renewing my visa. I ask this as my wife's mum is french and has been married to an Algerian in Britain for over 25 years and she could not apply for an Algerian passport?

Also if all went well could I join the police or army or is that strictly for Algerians only? I have British army experiance and speak french but not Algerian and I am under the impression they will not be speaking french in the army. Sorry for the long questions, I rang the Algerian embassy and they directed me to the consualte, turns out they do not speak good English so my questions are way to complex for them so I will need my wife's dad to ring and ask in Algerian for me maybe?

Thanks in advance
Marcus

Hi

She might grant you residency being her husband but you can't gain nationality I believe

For the police military army I dont' think you can, unless you are hired as a consultant for example to train or give classes at the police school or something.

Hop this helps

Thanks for the reply, yes it helps. Jazakallah

You may ask for the nationality after 10 years of living here. And before that you can have the resident card.
To be part of the army, I guess it's much harder...