Considering a move to Algiers

Assalaamu alaikum/Greetings,

I'm a new member to this forum.  My husband and I are considering a move to Algeria and are looking for current information on life there.  We are both practicing Muslims (me-American, him-Moroccan) so in addition to the obvious (safe neighborhood, quality schools, easy access to shopping, etc.) we're looking for an area where we can find Islamic classes for our son (in English until he picks up the language if such a place exists).  We'd also be looking for daycare for our daughter.  Our children don't speak Arabic or French but are young enough to learn so I'm not worried about that.  My son currently attends a French language school and is picking it up quite nicely already.  I on the other hand would be looking for a place to study Arabic in the evenings as I will be working. 

I have a question about the local dialect.  Since my husband is Moroccan will the dialect there be much different from what he speaks back home?  We're not looking to live exclusively around other expats.  Part of the reason for considering this move is to immerse ourselves in a culture different from the one we are living in now.  So we are open to a slower pace of living so long as I will have access to reliable internet to keep in contact with family back home. 

Also are there any mosques in Algiers that give lectures in English?  If not all the more reason for me to learn the language quickly  :) What about private tutors for learning Quran?  I'm currently studying Arabic in order to learn to recite Quran and would like to continue with a teacher there as well. 

As you can see I have a ton of questions.  I've never lived abroad but did study abroad (West Africa) in college so I'm looking for as much information as possible to better equip my husband and I to make this decision. 

Thank you in advance

Umm Yasmeen

hello
it will be my pleasure to answer all your questions :

1- the  local dialect is a bit different but if your Husband speaks French or Arabic then it wont be no problem

2- no , not really , but i can advice you to use the Internet to find courses about Islam if that is what you're looking for .

3- to learn language you need to read newspaper,,or join some private school or better way speak and get involved with Algerian people .

i hope my answers meet you needs , but if you are looking for more details, please do let me know

Best Regards

Thank you for your replies and sorry about the delayed response from me.  We are still doing our research and looking into options.

Best Regards and Best of Luck :)

Salam umm yasmeen..
I'm a foreigner living in algeria for 6yrs now w my husband n children. There r so many revert sisters living outside algiers n they r doing just find. I myself is living in a small town but everything is accesible.  My children were younger when we moved here so yup they'll adapt faster than u think.but if u wanna put them in a private school, u might hv to stay closer to d city.