A new member looking for recommendations

Hola. My name is Marat and I am new to this forum. Currently, I live in Vancouver, Canada and I plan to relocate to Riviera Maya starting December 1. I work remotely online so would like to stay in Playa del Carmen for at least six months and hopefully will make it my new home. I've already placed an ad in the Yucatan housing section, but I would like to use this opportunity and ask for your help anyway as you never know... Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for a furnished one-bedroom apartment/condo in the central part of Playa del Carmen close to the beach. Long-term, for at least 6 months. As I work online using microphone, I am looking for a place in a quiet, secure area/building (no loud street noise).  A backup power device and a reliable Ethernet connection (not just WiFi) are a MUST. I also might need a phone landline. If you know about such a place or someone living in that area please send me a PM. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Marat2017 wrote:

Hola. My name is Marat and I am new to this forum. Currently, I live in Vancouver, Canada and I plan to relocate to Riviera Maya starting December 1. I work remotely online so would like to stay in Playa del Carmen for at least six months and hopefully will make it my new home. I've already placed an ad in the Yucatan housing section, but I would like to use this opportunity and ask for your help anyway as you never know... Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for a furnished one-bedroom apartment/condo in the central part of Playa del Carmen close to the beach. Long-term, for at least 6 months. As I work online using microphone, I am looking for a place in a quiet, secure area/building (no loud street noise).  A backup power device and a reliable Ethernet connection (not just WiFi) are a MUST. I also might need a phone landline. If you know about such a place or someone living in that area please send me a PM. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Hi Marat,

The only way you can find that magic spot is to visit and look around. Mexico works that way. The internet is probably doable, a landline is also doable. Quiet is a whole different thing. To get what you want you will have to establish yourself, meet people talk to real estate agents etc.

Mexico is fond of the fiesta, loud music, and dogs and then there are tourists. Can it be reduced, yes but it takes work and lots of looking around.  You would want to get away from the beach area of Playa where it is definitely not quiet. Perhaps there is a soundproofed office space.

I can recommend Thomas Lloyd at Top Mexico Real Estate in Playa.  Good guy, good company.  No, I don't work for them!  *BTW:  what do you do online for work?  I have been looking and all I find are scams.  Good luck!  Also, we're moving from California to Tulum in about 8 months.  My site is USAdios.com if you care to follow our journey.

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, I understand that walking around is the best way and I plan to spend my first couple weeks there for finding a suitable place that meets my work requirements. As for a quiet place, I don't need "complete" quietness, just away from a busy street with loud traffic noise. No soundproof office is needed.  I am sure there are such apartment buildings even in the Cento area or close by.
Anyway, I am just hoping that my ad will be seen by some people who already live in such apartment building  and I will get a few options to check out upon my arrival by December 1.  Thanks.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it! I work as a Russian interpreter so I have to use a microphone for my work and that's why I have to be picky about a place. Cheers!

Good luck in your search.

Thanks, the same to you!

We lived in Playa del Carmen for two separate six month periods.  The Centro area, where we lived, can be noisy, but different parts are noisier than others.  I can recommend a respected realtor who handles a variety of long-term rentals:  Gabi Waldert at Playa Rentals & Sales (Gabi Waldert.  Another possible source for rentals, if you are on Facebook, is the group Rentals/Sales in CENTRAL Playa del Carmen (Playa Long-Term Rentals.  I wish you the best of luck in your search!

Thank you very much!

Hi
I was on this forum earlier looking for ways to get my dog to MExico when we move this summer.  I appreciate all the replies and help.  Still working on it.  But we are moving to a condo near Akumal.  Spent a month in Tulum in summer of 2016.  Mexico does seem to have lots of noise and energy.  Usually a good thing.  Some of the condos seem quieter you might check on a long term lease at one of them.

Thanks.