Got an offer...

Hi, I've got an offer where the salary is already include the transportation and accomodation.

This is going to be my 1st time experience working in middle east where the office area is in Mina Abdullah - Kuwait.
- Is Mina Abdullah an office or industrial area?
- Is there any close accomodation to that area and what will be
  the range of rent price/month?
- How is the public transportation for female workers?
- How is the shopping area for food/meal?

Appreciate for your advice and any additional suggestion.

Thank you and Gbu,
dolph4yvt

Hello dolph4yvt :)

I have introduced your message in a new thread (in Kuwait forum) for more visibility! I hope that you will get some responses soon in regards to your above query!

Else this thread could help as well:
Salary trends in Kuwait - What you need to know
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=74702

Best of luck with your move!

Regards

Mina Abdullah is an industrial area; it has a few warehouses and car shops.

i believe it is relatively close to mangaf, mahboula area where most western expats seem to reside, it is a bit far from the mainstream heart of the city (i.e. kuwait city, salmiya etc) but its just one road (the 30 - aka fahaheel expressway).

set yourself a budget of about 170~250 for rent, depending on where and what u go with, i.e. location, size etc.

as for public transport safety for women, its the same as any country, it carries risks.

food in kuwait is plentiful and relatively cheap, altho prices are on the rise (again, as with everywhere else in teh world)

@Legacy: Thank u for ur quick response that really helpful for me. Hope I can have short trip to look around 1st :).
Cheerz.