American University of the Middle East (AUM)

Hello everyone!
I've been offered a job at the American University of Middle East (AUM) in Kuwait with a salary around 1200 KWD per month. Unfortunately, they only offer me medical Insurance and NOT accommodation.
Has anyone any previous experience or knowledge about AUM?
Is this salary enough to make ends meet there and perhaps save some money?
Thanks in advance!

Its one of the best universties in kuwait and a salary of 1200 is good enough to save money

I have heard mixed reviews about AUM depending on "where you are from" if you know what I mean. But many of the faculty members there are friends of mine and they are some of the coolest people I know.

1200 in Kuwait is a good salary for a small family. If you're single it's even better.

Hey Kiki_

That depends on What is Your Job Title ,  and Your field of work , I mean either Faculty or Administration .

You are Welcome

your min cost of living is 1000 you may at end save only 200 kd !

You need to live close by the University, to avoid and extra transportation expenses

I have been at AUM for Three months. I found that most of the negative points about AUM in internet is no more existing. The working environment is good and you can find great colleagues here, the working system is improving. If you are concern about doing research it is not doable here, like many other private universities in the region. If you like teaching this place is a good one.
Regarding salary, it depends on your position. Is the salary good? There are many threads in this weblog that you can refer. Good luck :)

Dear all,
I also have been offred a job in AUM at the rank of Assistant professor.
I only conducted a single introductory interview by now.
Regarding working conditions, the HR announced 40 hours load per week with a minimum of 12h for teaching. What kind of other duties they assign to Assistant professors since it seems according to this discussion that there is no research activities there ? also they offer 30 days for annual leave which is I found it low. is it a standard in Kuwait ?
And how much should I negociate regarding salary ?
They announced a range between 1800-2000 kwd all inclusive, is it correct for an Assistant professor level with 10 years teaching and research experience ?

Many thanks for advice  :)

I know people who applied from Western countries and did not get the offer.
You can send me message me if you need further information.

Dear flava78, I think the offer is good enough. Even if it is all inclusive, I am sure you can save at least half your salary even if you have extravagant spending habits. Even though I do not have any teaching experience or background, I can say that the AUM is a good organisation and you will enjoy your time here. Regarding the 30 days annual leave, it is a standard practice here in Kuwait in most fields, unless your job category falls in 'hazardous occupation' bracket. So all in all sounds okay to me.

Can anyone suggest as how to apply for administrative jobs in educational organizations (international schools/univs) I did not get any response applying in the official websites......have almost eight yrs of experience in international school admin,...will appreciate ur positive feedbacks.

Dear all,

I am looking for an assistant professor position in kuwaiti university and I want to know what is a "good offer" for a french assistant professor with 10 years of teaching, involved in many funded research projects and certified and had administrative experience.

Could you please advise me and give me a range for a good offer.

1200 is good enough.  No worries.

Whomever said your minimum expenses would be 1000 is obviously living very high on the hog.

Kuwait's not cheap, but that salary will afford you a decent apartment and a decent lifestyle.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
I need a job in either Kuwait or Oman.
By Ecoshap
How to get a Job in Kuwait
By legacy
How to apply for BDS JOB IN KUWAIT?
Eva ramos
Looking for a part time baby sitter/ cleaner
By Eva ramos
By Cindy_listic
Please help :(