Driving schools in Kuwait

Can you suggest me a good driving school and their prices please.

where do u live?

the reason i ask is this: u will be tested @ the DMV of the area where u live, shuwaikh is the easiest, hawalli is... marginally difficult.

there are state-run driving schools (im assuming you know how to drive or have driven before and this is not your first time behind the wheel), and its better to go to these schools and take a few lessons and then they test you over there.

at the school, the fees are about 40~60KD.

a session with any tom, dick or harry with a battered nissan maxima with 2 steering wheels is 4~6KD (these prices are from 3 years ago or so).

theres an area near mishref where all learner drivers go, it has simulations for the parallel parking and the island turn.

if u are living in salmiya, jabriya hawalli, you are part of the hawally governate, and that test area is on the 6th ring road near 360 and Sahara hotel.

you can go there on a friday, the real test area is open and no one is there, for hands on experience with what they will ask u.

dont go up the hill coz that is the test for truck drivers.

at most, you will be asked to do one of 3 things:
1) u-turn
2) island (straight line drive, then a turn shaped like a ( lying on its side) [do not bump into the pavement]
3) parallel parking

theres also secret option 4) which is drive in a straight line, reverse in a straight line.

on the day of the exam, make sure to follow the road signs, no entry etc. stop at the stop sign (even tho NO ONE does that here)

and best of luck :)

Hi members, can any one tell me what are the requirements and how to apply for Kuwait Drivers License, BTW, I have a saudi drivers license.

Thanks in advance

"a session with tom,dick and harry.." LMAO

try this website
kmc-kw.com/english.html

good luck

Diver

thanks for all response..
@ legacy: i live in farwaniya.

good Khayo; you will be @ the same place, just subject to different cops. on the day of the test you will "line up" in the number of ur respective area, i think u'll be 1~5, its when u go to 6~9 that u should worry coz the cops are NASTY.

so, are you a complete n00b to driving, or do u have previous experience? :P
the reason is, its really not worth it to take driving lessons for elongated periods of time, like i said, one or two sessions tops, get the parking and turns down to a T, ask the dude to pick you up on a friday and tell them to venture to the test center (on the 6th ring road as previously mentioned) and try it out there.

word of warning, watch out for those big @$$ lizard-thingies that Kuwaiti's like to eat; i think they call em Dubb or something. I saw one casually walking across the place like it owned it, and was given a right fright!

clemente; dont take my word on this, but i think you can have your saudi licence equated with a kuwaiti one, paying some fees etc. i say this coz the current kuwaiti licenses are GCC licenses, i.e. valid in all GCC countries. I believe until your residency is stamped, you can use our saudi license here, much like an international license, so long as you pay the insurance amount on the vehicle (about 13~16KD for 3 months).

i suggest you pay a visit to the DMV located in Jabriya, right off the 4th ring road, next to Champions Gym. Its directly opposite the pedestrian bridge, on the "other side" (hawalli) you will see a Subway (the eatery, not the underground :P) and a Great Steak & Potato Co. joint.

id start with them for sure confirmation as to ur current situation.

or, easier, just ask the mandoub (messenger) of they company you work for.

Dear Legacy,, may you give me directions of the DMV places plz ??

theres one in Assima (عاصمة) which is a right on the 4th ring road before getting to the UN roundabout - i think its after the fuel station there.

then there is the DMV in Jabriya which is next to champions gym.

what do u need to do?

there is a friend who want to check himself before go to the test drive .. is there an available areas for this kind of trying? in a normal car not a 2 wheels driving car.

depends on where your friend lives - by 2 wheel car you mean motorcycle?

if on his civil ID it says he lives in hawally governate, i.e hawalli, salmiya, jabriya, midan hawalli etc. then his test will be at the place on the 6th ring road, near 360.

it is open on friday mornings, i suggest you go there.

careful tho, last time i was there, maybe 5 years ago, i came across a giant lizard running amok in the area, i believe the locals call it "gubgub" or "dub" and it is said to be delicious.

[Moderated: off-topic]

Can somebody update this topic?