Does it work so?? or is it a scam??

Hi,

I have an offer to work in Cameroon, but the employer has suggested to book a hotel  for a period of 30 days @ my own expenses, in Cameroon to process resident permit stating the below.

"The proof of accommodation is a prerequisite for your residence permit. The proof of accommodation document must be presented to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development for the issue of a residence permit. The proof of accommodation can be gotten from any state recognized lodging facility (Hotel, Motel, Guest-House,) after booking and paying for a place to stay in their facility. After booking and paying for a place to stay in the facility, the facility will issue you the proof of accommodation document, which you will send to the company for proceeding."

Does it work so?? or is it a scam??

Viwan

Hi. I've been offered the same job.. Have you obtained any information regarding this?

Sounds suspect to me. I would think it is up to the company to provide proof of accommodation.
Why not contact the company and ask for an explanation as to why you have to do it and not them.

sogea?

If so, the suggestions abound on the internet aren't positive.

Must be a scam bro. I've been living in Cameroon for more than a year. Never heard of such a law. Besides, if it's true, the company should be providing the accommodation. Doesn't seem legit.

You can not take get residency with a hotel.

Hi Viwam

I have received the same.

Did you make any sense of it?

Sounds like a scam to me?

What happened?

Regards

Rik

I received a job offer today  from Penta Oceana Construction and need to do the following before they can give me  Residence Permit and VISA  .

For all incoming employees, we recommend, Sharonna Vargas Hotel Douala Specifically the branch located at the job site in Douala . They are the closest lodging facility to the job site, and they have numerous advantages suitable for employees of all cultures. Their conditions for accommodation are relatively encouraging. Contact them, and make reservations (booking and paying) for your 1 month accommodation. When you have booked and paid for your accommodation in their facility, they will issue you a Legal proof of accommodation document, which you will send to us, for the processing of your Residence Permit and VISA . Their address is stated below

For your housing, kindly contact Sharonna Vargas Hotel using their address below

Name of lodging facility: Sharonna Vargas Hotel Douala
Address/Location: Deido-Bonamouti Douala,Cameroon
Phone Number: +237654371419
Email address: [email protected]

Scam

Contact them, and make reservations (booking and paying) for your 1 month accommodation. When you have booked and paid for your accommodation in their facility

Apart from the free email address and a telephone number that are as real as ghosts in space, the fact they're asking you to pay is the massive red flag.

Thanks

I got the same email any updates guys

Scam, scam, scam.

Hey Dear ,

I have also got the same offer and same conditions from penta ocean construction company they sent me the offer letter for a position of HVAC Engineer for a site in Cameroon and they are demanding the same, i got the offer letter before 05 days

is it scam??

same here bro

mohdshazmalik wrote:

is it scam??

Scammers make their cash from people with more greed than sense.

It is fake hotel i searches very well for them but i found nothing  . The construction company said there is no any project in cameron nowadays .
Don't trust them

Since this has been dragged up...

The number is China state construction, a few companies in Africa, and a bunch of other scam set ups.

To state the obvious - They offer you a fake job, ask for visa or work permit money, then hope people are silly enough to send it.
I've also seem threads where they change it to medical fees so they have a different angle.

Of course it's a scam, and a really easy one to spot.

VIWAN-------------RED FLAG!!!!    SCAM!, EVERYTHING CAN BE DONE BY YOURSELF ONCE ON THE GROUND. DON'T SEND ANY MONEY TO ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING.

@viwan
Scam
It is a scam
Hi Maggiemanga,

Thanks for your message on this conversation. However, this thread is quite old and inactive, it is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

If you want to participate on the Cameroon Forum, please feel free to do so on other threads.

Vero
Expat.com team

Thank you for this thread. I was looking into it because I just received a job offer from penta ocean. I found out in the official website from penta ocean released an article that this is not new to them. They specify that they don't use other email address such Gmail, yahoomail, Hotmail, and etc. They don't recruit people without meeting them first personally. Hope this helps to those who has questions also with this matter.

@ursulax

Hi

Today i got a offer letter from PENTA OCEAN, to work at their project in cameroon, and make a residence proof by booking for 1 month stay in ALBANG hotel.

And i am really confused is it faje or genuine.

Could you please help me about it

Hello Ashkar,

Sounds like a scam to me as they shouldn't ask you to pay for anything upfront.

Let's see what other members have to say.

All the best

Bhavna