South African refugee status

Does Mauritius intend on offering any kind of refugee status to South Africans?
At the moment, I am under the impression that you need a minimum of $500 000.00 to even get into the country as a resident?
What do you need to be able to move to Mauritius?
my husband is in construction and I'm a paramedic.

Are you being persecuted in your country?
Are you a political victim in the hands of your government ?
Is there a civil war or a belligerent war going on in your country?
If the answer is negative , you can't apply for refugee status.
However you can apply as an investor or a professional or a self-employed for
a resident permit :
http://www.investmauritius.com/work-live/op.aspx

Getting refugee status from South Africa would be difficult i imagine.

Apply as a professional, there are a lot of construction projects in Mauritius currently, i'm sure there is employment in the sector.

Mauritius has not ratified any convention on refugees of any nature. Therefore, the country is under no legal obligation to accept or grant refugee status to anyone.

To live in Mauritius, you will have to go through the usual employment, investment or retirement avenue.

I bought property with residential status attached.

There is white genocide happening in South Africa, so I'm unsure why it would be difficult to get refugee status.  Farm murders happen EVERY DAY now.  With police and military weapons.   Go figure.

Write to the Mauritian Consulate in Cape Town - they are very helpful.  The Pretoria one takes forever to respond, so Cape Town is the best bet.  They are on email (just google them).

Gaynordk wrote:

There is white genocide happening in South Africa, so I'm unsure why it would be difficult to get refugee status.  Farm murders happen EVERY DAY now.  With police and military weapons.   Go figure.

Mauritius has not ratified any international treaty or convention and therefore is under no legal predisposition to grant refugee status.

Moreover, Mauritius never gets involved in other countries' domestic issues even when it concerns genocide, war or other geo-political quagmire. And it's not going to change anytime soon.

Are you being persecuted in your country?
Reverse Racism -  Yes

Are you a political victim in the hands of your government ?
BEE, Wealth Tax - Yes

Is there a civil war or a belligerent war going on in your country?
White Genocide, Land Grabbing etc - Yes

Thats what I love about Mauritians. I absolutely love the peaceful humble nature of these people.

Hi Johan

Just a quick question if you buy a business do you get residential status or do you have to apply separately?

Regards
Sal

http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … -Visa.aspx