Want to move to Gozo

Hi everyone, me, my husband/and mum are excited to be leaving UK for the sunny climbs of Gozo or Malta - any thoughts?

NickiSt wrote:

Hi everyone, me, my husband/and mum are excited to be leaving UK for the sunny climbs of Gozo or Malta - any thoughts?

Welcome to the Forum, are you intending working or retiring?   If retiring I would recommend Gozo, have you visited the islands before?
There's a lot of information on here for you which you may find helpful, good luck.

Thanks yes we are looking to retire to Gozo, with the possibly of working still if anything was available in the area. Any ideas of places best for expats or specific area that are perfect?
Yes we have been before we fell in love with the place... now we want to be part of it too  :)

I can only comment about Gozo, as the island is so small it is so easy to get around so most areas are good places to live, the only areas I would avoid are Marsalforn and Xlendi as they are very busy in the summer.  We used to live in Gharb which is a nice village but moved to Victoria which as we do not
have a car is much better for shopping etc everything within walking distance.  Wherever you decide to go it is advisable to rent before, if you intend to buy, especially on Gozo as if you find you do not like the area it can take years to resell a property, we have been here five years and the same houses are still up for sale.

I forgot to mentiion when moving here it's advisable to avoid the summer months as there will be less properties available to rent.

:)  thanks for that, much appreciated I must admit I had found a love place in Xewkija - how do you pronounce that? And what's it like there? Gozo is looking a lot more attractive I must admit properties are prettier I think?
Take care

NickiSt wrote:

:)  thanks for that, much appreciated I must admit I had found a love place in Xewkija - how do you pronounce that? And what's it like there? Gozo is looking a lot more attractive I must admit properties are prettier I think?
Take care

As mentioned on here many, many times do not take too much notice of agents adverts as most are  out of date and not available. Try looking at Facebay Gozo Properties to let as this site is normally up to date, X is pronounced SH.

Hi,
to the best of my knowledge it is pronounced Shewkeya

Argh right thanks  :)

Really? I have been looking all over the place but I shall try that, thanks for the advice yet again very much appreciated
:top:

scunkone wrote:

Hi,
to the best of my knowledge it is pronounced Shewkeya

Thanks for that I was kinda looking at it wondering if it was like in English, but that helps.
Do you know of any forum groups that are local grapevine on here or Facebook, so I can find out what's going on and where everyone hangs out... etc
Any info appreciated

No sorry,
i don't know much about Gozo.

scunkone wrote:

No sorry,
i don't know much about Gozo.

O no worries thanks