Hoping to move to KL from Scotland.

Hi all,

Myself my wife & our twin baby sons are looking to move down to KL from Scotland. Needing some advice for good expat areas as I am based out of Jakarta, Indo. And as i will be away a month at a time its more for my wife to meet new friends & our boys (17 month old) to meet new friends also.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi Steve is good if u can locate here Jalan Ampang area easy access its very near twin tower klcc
And more foreigner people stay here
U would love and ur wife this area

Hi Steve,

There are certain expat areas such as Bangsar which is a nice residential area and has a lot of expats living in that area and many shops, restaurants and cafes and also 2 or 3 shopping malls nearby. I lived there for a few years because we had  young kids (both born in Kuala Lumpur) and we considered it a good and safe area to live. Bangsar is about 20 minutes out of the city, longer in rush hours.

Another popular residential area is Mont Kiara where they also have a shopping mall shops and restaurants in nearby Sri Hartamas.

If you prefer to live downtown, then consider any of the condos in the Bukit Bintang area or if you want more high end then around KLCC behind the Intercontinental Hotel and all around KLCC Park. There are also some nice condos opposite the Intercontinental Hotel.

My final suggestion is to be in KL Sentral. There are three main condominium buildings, Suasana Sentral, Suasan Sentral Loft and Sentral Residences. Sentral Residences is by far the most luxurious with private lift entrance, amazing swimming pool on the roof with excellent views of KLCC and KL Tower. It's just recently completed. The other two condos are more ordinary.

Mont Kiara would be my first suggestion because it is family friendly and with 3 international schools it will be kid-centric and social. This FB group might be helpful: https://www.facebook.com/groups/424312424288892/

Would recommend living in a condominium.

By the way, we put our kids into kindergarten from around 2 years of age. I am not familiar with the ones in Mont Kiara but in places like Bangsar and Damansara they have branches of Children's House Montessori School if that is of interest. There are also a lot of play groups for young kids in the area. Also some condos have nice indoor play areas for toddlers.

Hi Steve,

You may consider a brand new luxury serviced residence area too. Easily access to many places, malls, etc. which is also less congested comparatively.

Let me know if you are interested --  mudah.my/vi/61052134.htm

Or any other places that you have in mind, do let me know that I may able to help you to find a good landlord or agent :-)

Welcome to Malaysia!

Cheers,
Viv

@iconityr1

Are you a property agent?

You are offering the OP, a family of four, a very tiny 767 sq ft apartment in a less than favourable location. That seems extremely unsuitable.