Thai grocery shop in KL?

Hi all,

I find the big food chains assortment of Thai products a bit on the small side. Does anyone know if there are any Thai speciality food shops in KL? If so, where?

Best regards

Kent

Hi Kent,

There isnt that big a of Thai Community here in KL. I have not seen any supermarkets to accomodate for those needs. You will just have to look at a section in the supermarket though. Jaya Grocer, Cold Storage or Ben's & Jerry's should have a good selection.
There are for Korean, and Middle Eastern stores though

gorgeouslyflawless wrote:

Hi Kent,

There isnt that big a of Thai Community here in KL. I have not seen any supermarkets to accomodate for those needs. You will just have to look at a section in the supermarket though. Jaya Grocer, Cold Storage or Ben's & Jerry's should have a good selection.
There are for Korean, and Middle Eastern stores though

Hi,

Just got this reply on another forum so my "problems" are over:

"There is a Thai food market that sells a variety of Thai products in Jalan Pantai 9/7, Petaling Jaya which happens every Sunday in front of the Siamese Temple operated by Thais. Just name it, from noodles to sauces, to preserved and cooked food, and the list goes on. An approximately 20 mins drive from Subang to PJ via NPE."

Kent

Wow thank you so much!

Normally I will go to Lai Thai @ happy mansion section 17 . It's a small Thai shop, can google it. They serve Thai food as well. You should check it out ;)

Thanks for the info, I presume this is the one: http://www.j2kfm.com/authentic-thai-str … -mansion/. I will be going here on the upcoming weekend.

Kent