Can we switch job in Malaysia being on a employment pass

I am planning to move to kl on am employment pass? would like to know if we can switch our job being on an employment pass or we are restricted to work 2 years in the same company. please help

Thanks in advance

Regards
Maz

The process is that the work permit is put into the employees passport after they arrive in Malaysia (to ensure they take up the job offered, and sometimes not until a probationary period has been successful).  The employer has also had to receive permission to hire the foreigner.

If the employee wishes to change jobs the first company has to issue a release letter. This allows the first employment pass to be cancelled by immigration.  The new employer, who must also have permission to hire a foreigner for the job,  submits the new employees passport to immigration and a completely separate work permit (employment pass) is issued and the first one is cancelled.

It is only possible to hold one permit (pass) at any time.

An employer can make some terms in the employment contract that prevents an employee from working for a competitor before the end of their contract, or can have other regulations about how much notice has to be given. As they are required to issue the release letter, they control the process.

As above but realistically who employers usually charge the employer fees (say a month's salary as a penalty or all costs of permit/relocation expenses etc) or refuse unless you are useless and they want rid of you.

Thank You for your kind reply appreciated.

what about life in Malaysian i am mainly concern about my job. I can offer my services as an IT Help Desk engineer or System/Network support person. i would like to know that job market there and average salary if you are aware of it.

Thanks in advance

Thank You

Salaries in KL

Salary Guidelines for KL

Indians get jobs in IT in Malaysia, through a few legitimate agencies.  They have credibility and accept lower wages. Most other nationalities dont get offered professional positions in KL.

Beware there are so many job scams in India that offer jobs in Malaysia with famous named companies and take money for training, visa, travel, accommodation etc. from unsuspecting individuals.